How long until Wilson gets a "better" job offer ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

DronnieBlade

Only in S2 !
Reaction score
His record at BDTBL has bound to have raised more than a few eyebrows.

With the manager merry go round about to kick in to high gear, how long until he gets a call from a championship club ?

Who would he quit us for in the Championship who are looking to get a new manager???
He aint going nowhere.
UTB
COYRWW

Danny wilson a better job offer?
After losing to Hartlepool last week?
Come on he's useless. Eh Mjbollocko mpjackass ?

Unless someone like Aston Villa come in for him I doubt he's going anywhere other than home.

If by some miracle he took us to a Wembley FA Cup Final and got us promoted I might think he has something to offer, but we're League One man not Serie A or the Budesliga!

He's done ok, he's grounded and the good thing is he seems to be able to bounce back after a crap result an excellent quality to have as a manager. No at the moment it's fine.

Mind Saunders for Wolves allegedly? Could screw their promo drive up, unless O'Driscoll goes back.

with the players hes had hes done well, dont get me wrong.

but with the players he had, he hasnt done well enough to jump one division, never mind two. i think hes done a good job, but not a great job.

Possibly.....if he wants to manage in front of 9k crowds, in a sh!t-hole of a ground, in a town that is about 40 years behind the rest of the UK...
Only 40 years?? Whats next that they don't sleep with there brothers and don't keep kessie's down bottom of garden.

'Rose tinted specs' aside, there aren't many better jobs outside the Prem.

Don't think you even need to mention the rose tints Fleety, the statement stands up on it's own merit.

Aside from the incredible decision at Forest, there will be very few (if any) jobs that come along which don't involve a team in some sort of trouble. Why would you jump from a club with potential (however deeply it's buried, it's still there somewhere) for a job where you may well end up getting relegated? Even in the case of Forest, why would you go and work for owners who clearly don't know what the fuck they're doing?

Don't think you even need to mention the rose tints Fleety, the statement stands up on it's own merit.

Aside from the incredible decision at Forest, there will be very few (if any) jobs that come along which don't involve a team in some sort of trouble. Why would you jump from a club with potential (however deeply it's buried, it's still there somewhere) for a job where you may well end up getting relegated? Even in the case of Forest, why would you go and work for owners who clearly don't know what the fuck they're doing?

You might want to ask Danny :D

There's a four part mid term report on Wilson on the Scandinavian Blades site: http://scandinavianblades.webs.com/apps/blog/show/21847279-wilson-s-mid-term-report-part-1

An interesting read as usual BB.
You make a good point about the recent early 20's signings combining with the Academy players.
We could put out a decent team of just younger players now:-

Long (19)
McMahon (26), Maguire (19), Kennedy (19) , Jean-Francois (26)
Blackman (23), MacDonald (23) , Whitehouse (19), Flynn (24)
Murphy(23) , Ironside (19)
Subs:- Willis(17), Westlake (21), McFadzean(18), Miller(25), De Girolamo (17)

That's not something we could have said too often in the past.
Imagine how bright the Blades future could be if we can just hang on to them for the next five years or so.
Grounds for real optimism if we don't go and blow it.

His record at BDTBL has bound to have raised more than a few eyebrows.

With the manager merry go round about to kick in to high gear, how long until he gets a call from a championship club ?

This has to be a joke string?

He's certainly my raised eyebrows with a failure to beat Stevenage at home when we needed to, horrendous results in big games, crap signings, and mega boring and completely inept home displays this term. Yep, I'm sure he will have clubs higher up the food chain desperate to get him.

'How long before Wilson gets a 'better' job offer - a long time my friend

He is manager of the best supported and highest paid team in the third division
He has managed to scrape home draws against Bury, Doncaster Rovers, Crewe, Oldham and Notts County
He managed to oversee a 2-3 home defeat against bottom club Hartlepool who had only one win in 20 games
He has not seen his side beat any team in the top six of the division

Wilson has to prove himself yet, he's won nothing!

He has a chance to lay his previous record of good first season, bad second season to rest now. Surely he's got the ammo in his coaching, tactics and squad to prove himself now. Failing against the teams around us as pointed out in many posts is the concern. Reading match should be a good indicator of what sort of quality and potential there actually is to progress?
I just get the impression there's a lot more in the players' lockers and given the remit to really have a go at a team and not be too cautious may surprise us.
Anyway he's here for another season barring a massive cock-up, so we need to live with it

Reading match should be a good indicator of what sort of quality and potential there actually is to progress

Given that last season we had a better team, in my opinion, and got given a bit of a lesson by Birmingham (who aren't as good as Reading), then I don't think the Reading game will be an ideal yardstick regarding where we are.

We should be good enough to scrape out of this Division, but we are a long way shy of being a Championship team in the making. The degree to which DW is the architect of this is where the debate might be interesting.

Back
Top Bottom