Harry Souttar

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It's more a case of having someone who will attack the ball, the first goal last night was another example of it. We are lacking a head and kick it defender so if Souttar is that then I am all for it. Same thoughts for Worrall too.
I'm all for it as well.
I'd prefer him in a 3 though, I can't see which one of Robbo, Trusty or even Anel has enough in their locker to go in a 2 with him.

I'm all for it as well.
I'd prefer him in a 3 though, I can't see which one of Robbo, Trusty or even Anel has enough in their locker to go in a 2 with him.
I think Wilder will be desperate to go back to a 3 long term but we don't have anyone suitable to play the Egan role at the minute. That's why when we are linked with these types of players than people need to take a broader view on it. The middle of the 3 in our formation is a very specific role that requires leadership skills, reading the game and more importantly being an old school head and kick it defender. It's why Egan has done so well for us over his time here.

I actually rate Souttar and thought he was very commanding for Stoke at such a young age.

He’s big, strong, young and with a year’s championship football in him could improve. I’d much rather us invest in this type of signing.
If it is a loan, hopefully it is with a view to a perm as Leicester won’t play him in the Premier.
Milk turns quicker....he's awful

I think Wilder will be desperate to go back to a 3 long term but we don't have anyone suitable to play the Egan role at the minute. That's why when we are linked with these types of players than people need to take a broader view on it. The middle of the 3 in our formation is a very specific role that requires leadership skills, reading the game and more importantly being an old school head and kick it defender. It's why Egan has done so well for us over his time here.
Yep.
Makes sense.
And if RND gets back to his previous form, the New Irish lad lives upto the hype on the right, and the new keeper gets over his jetlag, we might not be a complete shitshow at the back for the last few games.

You mean like Brereton Diaz and Curtis, who we signed, and all the other players we have been “making approaches for” throughout the window? Those players?
No, I don't I mean every single transfer window, we are always after a last minute signing, always hoping to bring one more in before the window closes.

I know we’ve made signings earlier in the window, but as I said, it always seems to come down to the last minute, to get that final missing piece of the jigsaw.

I hope it's a permanent deal or at least loan to permanent option otherwise we're just wasting next season's budget for nowt, baring in mind chances of us staying up are slim to none.

I've not seen much of him but he was very highly rated at Stoke.

He got an ACL injury a couple of seasons back didn't he. But then he hit a couple of decent passes at the world cup and Leicester signed him anyway, surely thinking 'Maguire'

He'd be useful for now but if he'd be too costly to sign permanently I'm not bothered

When I saw him play against us (for Stoke I think) I thought he was the oddest looking professional footballer I'd ever laid eyes on. Slow, fat, stick legs and a stupid mullet. I was amazed when Leicestesteicester payed big money for him!
He did have the Paul McGrath-esque quality of being in the right place at the right time though - quite handy when you're too fat to run!
I've seen milk turn quicker

Yep.
Makes sense.
And if RND gets back to his previous form, the New Irish lad lives upto the hype on the right, and the new keeper gets over his jetlag, we might not be a complete shitshow at the back for the last few games.
RND was superb last night in the relatively short time he was on the pitch.

Unless he is flying back as we speak, it ain't going to happen. Unless we already have medical sorted at Asian cup venue, and don't use OUR fax machine!!! Lol
Lose to South Korea.
1:30am flight into Manchester. Kip on flight.
6:00am arrival local time.
8:00am arrival at the ground.

Plenty of time for a morning nap in the physio room or abandoned hotel, ready for 5:30 kick off.

Make it happen 😂

I actually rate Souttar and thought he was very commanding for Stoke at such a young age.

He’s big, strong, young and with a year’s championship football in him could improve. I’d much rather us invest in this type of signing.
If it is a loan, hopefully it is with a view to a perm as Leicester won’t play him in the Premier.

Leicester aren't even playing him I the Championship......why aren't alarm bells ringing here and why the fuck is this the third Leicester player we have been linked with after signing Thomas and the Danny Ward that can't even get a game in the league below?

Tin pot United once again

Leicester aren't even playing him I the Championship......why aren't alarm bells ringing here and why the fuck is this the third Leicester player we have been linked with after signing Thomas and the Danny Ward that can't even get a game in the league below?

Look at the league table. Nobody playing is going to want to be involved

He's sort of like a Bigger brute version of Egan. He would surely be for the central of a 3 or right of a 2.

He's basically though big and strong. Can't comment on positional sense but he might well make us defend crosses into the box better as he will have height on pretty much everyone else in any league.

He is a bit reminiscent of Maguire, not so much runs forward although he can a little but in his overall movement.

It's reported the fee Leicester signed him for in 2022 was £15m rising to £20m (which I imagine never happened)

Clearly some decent defender in him. But was he better before a bad injury?

I’m sure he will be Anels replacement. Makes sense.
Clears out the foreigners in the back line.

RND Robinson Egan Souttar Bogle

I'd honestly go with what we have, save money for the summer budget.
Agree, I'd go for a loan deal if possible with option at end of season, must be more value though in championship or league one

Why are we always making approaches for players on the last day of the January? It’s the same every window, surely it wouldn’t be too much to get organised and sort a few players during the previous 30 days, ffs? ☹️

Because we have to wait for teams further up the food chain to make moves first.. teams so far up the food chain that they’re actually in the league below.

Sometimes players don’t fit.

Glynn Hodges wasn’t getting picked either before he came to us.

Didn’t work out too bad!

Sometimes players don’t fit.

Glynn Hodges wasn’t getting picked either before he came to us.

Didn’t work out too bad!
Gio Reyna has consistently played for Dortmund the previous 3 seasons, great player, the current manager isnt keen on him so he's hardly played this season, they've now loaned him to Forest.

Doesnt mean he's suddenly become a bad player, like you said sometimes not all players fit with all managers.

Wouldn't mind this at all.

Looks like there's a few Leicester fans who can't understand why he's not getting a sniff. Seems really well liked. Maybe just can't seem to force his way into a team that is performing so consistently.

I want him.
But we haven't really conceded due to a lack of height recently have we?
We've conceded plenty in most ways! But definitely I'm sick of seeing Anel and Bogle pulling people back after being outpaced/beaten. Souttar's tall and wins plenty but bugger me he's slow. Last thing we need I reckon personally.

Back
Top Bottom