McBurnie and Jebbo future

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Jebbo I understand he will want out

Mcburnie is a surprise but seems most of the players want a fresh start elsewhere and not really down to us a club who stays.

This is what piss poor planning does. Allowing everyone to be in the last year of the contracts will have these poor moments.

We won't really miss jebbo as he didnt do anything.

Not sure how we replace Mcburnie who in my opinion is our best forward. With Archer, BBD jebbo and mcburnie going we have....Osula and erm....

Tbh, I think with McBurnie going I’d try and do as much as we could to get BBD back. In fact, I’d make him my main priority.

Cheerio Jebbo. Won't be missed, couldn't care less. But we've wasted an asset we could have got decent money for. Well done Prince

McBurnie will be a loss but ridding ourselves of the destructive combination of over reliance and unavailability will be something of a relief

Cheerio Jebbo. Won't be missed, couldn't care less. But we've wasted an asset we could have got decent money for. Well done Prince

McBurnie will be a loss but ridding ourselves of the destructive combination of over reliance and unavailability will be something of a relief

Ref Jebbo. I get it but how can we get him to sign a contract he doesn't want to sign? I don't think he would be signing a contract no matter what we offered.

CW indicated that things were positive on this front a few weeks ago. Maybe his head has been turned by another offer?

It's a shame. I think he could have been a key player for us next season if he just got his head down and played football. It would be a win win for both parties.

We won't really miss jebbo as he didnt do anything.

Not sure how we replace Mcburnie who in my opinion is our best forward. With Archer, BBD jebbo and mcburnie going we have....Osula and erm....
He's our best defender and midfielder when he's on the pitch as well. Still, Im sure Bettis will find 3 low wage free transfers replacements on 31st of august as that always ends well

Real shame on Jebbo. What’s the point of an Academy if we lose our graduates for nothing?
We do get compensation for any of our Academy products until they are 24 unless we release their registration.

Whether you like Mcburnie or not he's gonna get you close to 15 goals next season. How many in the championship are about who can do that and at what cost?

With the other strikers leaving I think it would make sense to offer him a new deal, despite his obvious limitations.

I don't think Mcburnie would be a miss. He's been poor for the vast majority of his time here, and even in his time where he's looked OK, he's still injured half the time.

It would be odd though if he's made it clear he's not interested in signing a contract, as Wilder is still playing him (see Wes Foderingham).

We certainly won't miss Jebbo's game time contributions for us for the last 3 years!
Good luck to the lad. I don't know him and can't understand what the actual reasons for him not being available have been but if he ever did want to play footy for us he'd have been busting a gut to get selected, not hiding behind a wall of silence.
He seems to me to have taken my club for a ride and I find that wholly unacceptable.
Cheerio Jebbs.

Whether you like Mcburnie or not he's gonna get you close to 15 goals next season. How many in the championship are about who can do that and at what cost?

With the other strikers leaving I think it would make sense to offer him a new deal, despite his obvious limitations.
Is he?

He managed zero goals two seasons ago.

Anyway, he will not sign.

We certainly won't miss Jebbo's game time contributions for us for the last 3 years!
Good luck to the lad. I don't know him and can't understand what the actual reasons for him not being available have been but if he ever did want to play footy for us he'd have been busting a gut to get selected, not hiding behind a wall of silence.
He seems to me to have taken my club for a ride and I find that wholly unacceptable.
Cheerio Jebbs.
Agree, I think if he's not playing because the wants out or feigning injury for the same reason,(only a suggestion for the sensitive on here) who's going to sign him with that attitude.still think there's something deeper going on with this lad, hope I'm wrong

Jebbo…. None of us know if he will ever fulfil his early potential. So although it’s a shame in some ways….he won’t be missed.

McBurnie - I’m torn on. When he is on the pitch & fit he adds a lot at both ends of the pitch. BUT…..he misses too many games. He will easily get a new deal in the Championship…. But it will be a risk for his new club.

Jebbison is a bit of a gamble, could end up an excellent player or could end up a lower league player. Depends how this length of time not playing will have affected him. Not good enough to start at the moment. I’m sure a PL club will pick him up and loan him to Championship / League One.

For all the stick he gets, McBurnie won’t be replaced by anyone better. Top end championship or SPL most likely.

Think a lot will want a fresh start - even those who we want to keep. This season will have taken a lot out a lot of them, both mentally and physically. Dressing room doesn’t feel fully united and the clusterfuck behind the scenes won’t be going unnoticed by the players.

The club needs a bit of a reset, and probably a couple of seasons in the championship to get things right off the pitch and see an evolution on the pitch. Won’t be easy, won’t be fun, won’t be pretty - but ultimately feels needed.

Both have been carrying injuries for about two years now. I don't know the details of their injuries or the contracts they have been offered, but I personally would be reluctant to push the boat out for these two. Someone with a much bigger budget than us will probably gamble on Jebbo, due to his potential, but he has the same number of goals in a Blades shirt as John Cofie. McBurnie can be a handful on his day, but he never seems to be fit and is prone to the odd sending off.

Back
Top Bottom