McBurnie and Jebbo future

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I presume you're making a point toward my earlier comments. This is completely different. You're not daft, you know it is too.

FWIW, completely off topic, I think Southgate has done a really solid job as England manager & we've taken strides under him each tournament (even if we went out a stage or so earlier in the last World Cup).
This one will define his legacy though. We've seen the incremental improvements, we saw (against France) that we can compete with the World's best in knockout football, now is the time to deliver.
That's not to say necessarily that we should win it, there are still some weaknesses in the XI, but we should - as a minimum - reach the Semis and not wilt at any point.

With everyone fit, we have the best attack in the Euros. Question marks remain over who partners Rice (I think he's made a mistake not looking at Mainoo), centre half (lack of quality) & full back (due to injuries).
I was actually making a point towards my original comment.
These types of comms are put out to kill the question being asked and kick it down the round and it's a standard comms, implemented a lot.
I've not missed you that much, to just make a post to dig you out.

On Southgate, he's been reasonably successful but incredibly boring. So much so that I personally have gone from loving watching England to not even watching the last couple of tournaments when we're playing. I'll have much fonder memories of watching England in 92-99 than during Southgate's time.

Last edited:

"On Southgate, he's been reasonably successful but incredibly boring. So much so that I personally have gone from loving watching England to not even watching the last couple of tournaments when we're playing."
The worry is that he'll sqander the huge potential of a particularly talented squad of players.

"On Southgate, he's been reasonably successful but incredibly boring. So much so that I personally have gone from loving watching England to not even watching the last couple of tournaments when we're playing."
The worry is that he'll sqander the huge potential of a particularly talented squad of players.
I don't think either McBurnie or Jebbison are eligible to play for England.

Must be another Daniel Jebbison who has represented England at U18, U19 & U20 level...
I’d imagine he could switch to Canada in the seniors can’t he, once he realises he’s not got much hope of making the England senior team?

Some of the next World cup is in Canada too
If he comes back and stays fit and gets regular game time (hopefully for us) in the next few years I could see them trying to get him to commit

If we had any sense, we would be trying to get McBurnie signed up on a new deal. Yes he has injury problems, yes he can blow hot and cold and sometimes he has shit for brains, but he is not as daft as he used to be, is a very good player for us in his day and will be a real asset for us next season, whatever division we will be in. I get that he has a history of missing games through injuries but if we have him as part of a set of 4 (or 5 forward players next season) then he doesn't need to be playing every game. He's worth the largish contract in my view. I appreciate some others will think the complete opposite and that's fair enough. All about opinions at the end of the day.

He'd be in double figures this season if he'd played anywhere near every game, which is pretty remarkable

But it's playing games that is and probably will remain the problem

I hope he signs, and I think he should sign. He's at the right club

But if he does sign we 100% must sign a similar player to share the workload with him - a good physical presence who will score more than 10

27, could be reaching his best years, soon to become a free agent (so no one asking for a fee for his services) who is probably unlikely to get a move to a EPL club next season, want's to play for Rangers at some point in his career and who are likely to pay him more than we could pay, euro football, etc, etc.

No brainer at this point for him.

I think he's so obviously in his prime now

He's developed into the player I thought he could and now that he's done that it'd be a shame to lose him - and for free

He'd be in double figures this season if he'd played anywhere near every game, which is pretty remarkable

But it's playing games that is and probably will remain the problem

How much of that is McBurnie, how much of that is an aftermath of Hecky's "conditioning" regime, and how much of that is the PL being a much tougher ask physically than the Championship?

27, could be reaching his best years, soon to become a free agent (so no one asking for a fee for his services) who is probably unlikely to get a move to a EPL club next season, want's to play for Rangers at some point in his career and who are likely to pay him more than we could pay, euro football, etc, etc.

No brainer at this point for him.

Where’s the link to Rangers come from? Seems an obvious move to me but I can’t recall where it originated

Where’s the link to Rangers come from? Seems an obvious move to me but I can’t recall where it originated

Case of lazy "he's Scottish but relates somewhat to England so find the one big club that makes sense" linkage I assume

He, like the majority of our squad are top half championship players and should prove that next season, but we still need to have a clear out. Will Mcburnie stay?, does he have to take a pay cut on relegation?, is he really what Rangers want? Who knows, but he's not going to a top premiership club, if he doesn't take the deal offered let him go

I think we'll struggle to get someone better, but I don't think he'll stay. If he's fit for the rest of the season, he'll get 10 goals which will earn him a good contract in lower Prem or one of the promoted sides.

I would assume he wants to stay as he seems to enjoy life here, but doubt we will offer the terms he wants.

Oli Mac is our leader who bossed Chelsea's millionaire loser defenders, was our best defender at set pieces and has that motivational presence he learned off Billy. If he was called Olivier Burniere and french, Chelsea would offer him £200k pw and he would improve them.

Back
Top Bottom