McBurnie and Jebbo future

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I suspect they are struggling to get a new deal sorted with Jebbo? it's all gone quiet again on that front.

If Jebbo does not sign a new contract, we are still entitled to a fee from his next club, as he is U23 and we developed him. But could we also be entitled to a sell on fee, if his next club eventually sell him ?

Depends on the outcome of the valuation meeting who in theory take all of his training etc.etc. into account before awarding a deal in favour of the bigger club.

No way will Mcburnie be worth the wages he'll want, he'll play about half the games and be affective in around a quarter of them on top wages for that league.

If Jebbo does not sign a new contract, we are still entitled to a fee from his next club, as he is U23 and we developed him. But could we also be entitled to a sell on fee, if his next club eventually sell him ?

I would doubt that ever happens in this sort of case.

No way will Mcburnie be worth the wages he'll want, he'll play about half the games and be affective in around a quarter of them on top wages for that league.
Based on how he is playing this season and last, and his goals return.
If he can play 30-35 games he would probably scored 15-20 goals for us next season again in champ.

For me McBurnie makes a whole lot of sense even if he isn't playing 46 games a season for us. As long as it's 2/3rds or more he's worth it still for us.

Jebbison genuinely haven't seen enough to make a call. The coaches seem to rate him highly. He did well at Burton in L1.
He's obv. had a bad illness by sounds of it which has completely hindered this season for him.

We need to make signings that genuinely renew the squad. I would be ok with a reasonable contract for McBurnie, just by himself, he is a far better player with experience and we will be short on strikers once the season is over. But if we do keep him, we would have potentially another couple of years with two injury plagued strikers in Brewster and McBurnie taking up good wages and just continuing to hinder any rebuild. Sometimes you just need to move on, same with Baldock, who I think in many ways is our best player.

Back
Top Bottom