'Dressing room will be split'

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

blade789

Reaction score
Seen this comment a few times. Why will signing Ched split the dressing room? What is it about his personality that players won't like!?

My God people don't half talk some crap

They are professional people not a bunch of halfwits in some shithouse factory

If anything they will probably feel for him and what a fellow professional has gone through and been acquitted of

The changing room will not be split. Ched will be earning within the same wage band as every other player and in the eyes of the law did nothing wrong. Not one player or member of the management team has worked with Ched before. There will be no baggage but there won't be any favours granted or living on 30 + goals from 2011-12 either. Work as hard as every other player in training and all is good.

As long as Wilder has sanctioned this then there is not a thing to worry about.

Last edited:

Spot on Stretch. We've seen enough of Wilder to know that he is a bit of a visionary with regards to player recruitment. He rarely makes a wrong decision but if something isn't working he changes it quickly and effectively.

I love how people on a football forum can't spout rubbish like a player will be bad for the dressing room.

Especially when Wilder has said numerous times he wouldn't sign anyone who'd upset the harmony.

The only people this upsets is some of our fans on some sort of crusade to make themselves look ultra self righteous.

When it boils down to it we are talking about a football player who was incorrectly convicted.

If Wilder thinks he can rejuvenate him then that's fine by me.

Its all fictional speculation about causing rifts.Have not loads of other footballers been locked up and returned successfully to the game . How can he be accepted at Chesterfield but be a bad influence at the Lane. All the focus we need to concentrate on is is it a good move in footballing terms.can he deliver. Whats happened no one can change but life moves on. Ched wont be on excessive money .doubt if hed get what Billy gets now. Jealousy wont be an issue.whod want his baggage

Seen this comment a few times. Why will signing Ched split the dressing room? What is it about his personality that players won't like!?
People who say this are either trying to stir things up or seriously underestimate Wilder.

Evans was very popular in his last spell, Wilder knows what he`s all about, there is no way he would sign him if he was an unruly influence in the dressing room.

My God people don't half talk some crap

They are professional people not a bunch of halfwits in some shithouse factory

If anything they will probably feel for him and what a fellow professional has gone through and been acquitted of
And if they don't (also anyone else for that matter) then they're not human. I think Even Ched would admit he was an idiot, but a rapist? I think not. Welcome back Ched!

Just say he is a bad apple in the group. Do you think CW will stand for it? This goes for all new signings. If your a bad apple or don't perform you won't be near the squad.

Bear in mind we have had O'Shea for several months who will have had first hand experience of how the Chesterfield dressing room reacted and how Ched integrated there. Think our wise manager might just have had a chat there to see

UTB

I sometimes think that some people want him to be guilty even though a court of law has found him innocent and quashed his conviction. Are these the same people who point the finger and blight the lives of others.

It's on a par with bullying at the very least.

In Chris Wilder's judgement I trust 100%.

The changing room will not be split. Ched will be earning within the same wage band as every other player and in the eyes of the law did nothing wrong. Not one player or member of the management team has worked with Ched before. There will be no baggage but there won't be any favours granted or living on 30 + goals from 2011-12 either. Work as hard as every other player in training and all is good.

Got me thinking ,who is our longest serving player ?

Bear in mind we have had O'Shea for several months who will have had first hand experience of how the Chesterfield dressing room reacted and how Ched integrated there. Think our wise manager might just have had a chat there to see

UTB

Exactly. Chris Wilder has publicly stated he talks to senior players and contacts about potential recruits. Not only about their ability, but their character too. In other words, he performs due diligence on his targets and it's inconceivable to think he didn't consult O'Shea and maybe even one or two more within and without the club (Danny Wilson maybe?).

It's a calculated risk in football terms yes but all this huff and puff about his past actions is exactly that, huff and puff that is multiplied by the platform of social media. If it doesn't come off, the club has not wasted lots of money but if it does come off, it will be a masterstroke. Give both Wilder and Ched (if he does return) a chance!

Not seen that comment before . Footballers at the lane just want to play football . Fans forum is great for getting rabbits running .

Players come and go . Enough speculation

Just say he is a bad apple in the group. Do you think CW will stand for it? This goes for all new signings. If your a bad apple or don't perform you won't be near the squad.
He wasn't even a bad apple last time. He just went out one night and made a stupid decision which I'm pretty sure he'll have learned from without a doubt!

The truth is that we don't know yet. Any player could potentially split the dressing room. Personally, I wouldn't have thought too many professional footballers will have given much thought to the nuances of the too drunk to consent law, or spent much time reading about Feminist theories about 'rape culture'. They probably just know he was cleared at re-trial and that's that.

I think the bigger issues at this point are his ability/fitness, and the supposed price.

There's no fucking split, do you think in your tiny mind, that for 1 minute that Wilder would have anything but harmony in the champions locker room!!!
Absolutely deluded!!

Back
Top Bottom