Warnock popularity Growing

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hi Stegosaurus here

Warnock is the best manager we've ever had. It's too late for him to keep us up, but we can avoid beating Derby's record with him in charge.
He is nowhere near the best manager we've ever had. That isn't an opinion, it's a fact.

He is nowhere near the best manager we've ever had. That isn't an opinion, it's a fact.
I'd say in living memory for most fans he is. He created a team with an identity, he was passionate and I think reminded us of people we know in the city, plus he's funny as f***.

In terms of a replacement I'd go for a Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink or similar that has done it in the lower leagues and would relish a shot at the premiership, with the chance to get us back next season

Calling for Wilder or Warnock is showing Sheffield is a village, we should try to become a city.
I understand why it looks like that - but I think it should be a short term appointment - and realistically, who better for an escape job / available / would do it?

Warnock fan on the defensive 😂

I’m sat eating my breakie, watching MOTD and playing with my dog typing with 1 hand on my phone. I’m really not trying to post a nobel prize winning post.
So it might be a good idea to not call us all thick then.

I wouldn't abuse fellow fans, or call them thick for having an opinion remember these are the people you jump about with when we score... I know it's been some time since we did it.. But memories eh.

For your info, I back all the managers, hated Warnock and he shoved that down my throat by bieng fucking great at united, backed Adkins and Slav. Loved Wilson who went too soon, and I'm a Rangers fan and was the last to fall out with our boy Weir who really isn't cut out for management despite looking nailed on.. (Robson almost ended it all though.

Wilder, he gets my backing too, once they take the job you get behind them it's that simple, we never got over him walking out the back door, but probs money was a factor, he wasn't well off back then in football terms (worth a few million now, so that worked out for him I guess)

Can't belive you're watching MOTD you're a sucker for punishment it seems, or even functioning at this god awful time of day..

All the best anyway, with respect. UTB.

Edit : Honourable mention for Nigel Clough, the Bayford season and the cup run, we need that spirit now, if only Wendy could have got through, that would have been generational that cup tie against them at the Lane.

John Brayford would have a statue.. We'd have fucking murdered them..

I'd say in living memory for most fans he is. He created a team with an identity, he was passionate and I think reminded us of people we know in the city, plus he's funny as f***.

In terms of a replacement I'd go for a Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink or similar that has done it in the lower leagues and would relish a shot at the premiership, with the chance to get us back next season

The media would love him like they do Vincent Kompany.. Other than that there's no positives. Just my opinion.

Warnock has recent experience and success of rescuing a doomed team. He’s a better short term bet than Wilder.
Two additional thoughts:
1) If Wilder is coming back, wait until next season.
2) Warnock completely out thought Hecky end of last season, so who is more tactically aware?

Do they love him? He doesn't fit the big 6/london/southerner/scouse profile they are obsessed with

He's regularly got TV work, and he's very well received it seems.

He's a character.. But not what we need as he's had one go at a big club and got the shaft.

I’d bring in Billy as the manager, I’m sure he’d choose someone very familiar as his assistant. We will still go down, but at least we might make the opposition work for their nailed on 3 points.
As much as that seems like a good idea, and it kind of is, I don’t want Billy as manager if his first go is taking us down with dignity. I‘d love to see Billy manage us to a trophy but that’s as likely as getting a refund from The Crab .

Performance wise we have been very poor. The squad isn't good enough for this league so no matter who comes in we are going down. Wilders return is not for me. I admire what he has done for us but I think it is too soon with quite a lot of his players still here. If he was to come back it may be better in 5 years time.
Warnock is being touted by fans as a stop gap and there are plenty of reasons why he should be considered. 1. He won't be a permanent manager. 2. He will play a system that while not being fancy will show evidence that we actually have a fucking system of play. 3. He will demand effort and being a team. 4. He will take all the media spotlight off of the players which gives them a chance to find some bit of form. 5. He won't suffer cliques in the dressing room.

Other options to consider for the long term are Robins, and Potter.

More Warnock shorts

Archer son how much did you cost were it £18M fuck me after your first half fucking display I thought it were fucking 18 pence

Norwood (probably call him Nor’s) are opposite team wearing same colours as us or are you fucking colour blind….no boss… then why are playing them in all the fucking time for fuck sake

So it might be a good idea to not call us all thick then.

I wouldn't abuse fellow fans, or call them thick for having an opinion remember these are the people you jump about with when we score... I know it's been some time since we did it.. But memories eh.

For your info, I back all the managers, hated Warnock and he shoved that down my throat by bieng fucking great at united, backed Adkins and Slav. Loved Wilson who went too soon, and I'm a Rangers fan and was the last to fall out with our boy Weir who really isn't cut out for management despite looking nailed on.. (Robson almost ended it all though.

Wilder, he gets my backing too, once they take the job you get behind them it's that simple, we never got over him walking out the back door, but probs money was a factor, he wasn't well off back then in football terms (worth a few million now, so that worked out for him I guess)

Can't belive you're watching MOTD you're a sucker for punishment it seems, or even functioning at this god awful time of day..

All the best anyway, with respect. UTB.

Edit : Honourable mention for Nigel Clough, the Bayford season and the cup run, we need that spirit now, if only Wendy could have got through, that would have been generational that cup tie against them at the Lane.

John Brayford would have a statue.. We'd have fucking murdered them..
Point taken, it’s a forum and everyone is entitled to an opinion regardless.

Neil warnock was someone who 99% on here was calling a self centred prick and was hated 2/3 months ago. Now we are talking about new managers some think the matalan sam allardyce is some kind of miracle cure. Our obsession with previous managers or ‘passionate’ yorkshire men is just so naff and simple. Never going to cut it against the big boys with limited managers like this.

I understand some might be buying into some short term success but we are then back to square 1 at the end of the season. Best to start with a long term solution now so we can hit next season with some kind of momentum or understanding of a new system/tactics/style.

The idea of some of these managers (wilder, warnock, brucey) will undo any of the good work that wilder & hecky has done to get us here (which i am thankful for). Warnock will put us back years IMO. A dinosaur in the football game who’s out of touch with the modern game. Prem ambitions requires better thinking/planning than a self centred hoof merchant.

Hi Stegosaurus here

Warnock is the best manager we've ever had. It's too late for him to keep us up, but we can avoid beating Derby's record with him in charge.
It's never too late for anyone to keep us up. The Fat Lady is just putting on her knickers, she's know here near singing, get Warnock in now. If nowt else it'd be a laugh and who knows , he could just do it.
Minimum it would terrify the Premier league the refs and the players.
Unfortunately for me Heckys time is up and something needs to be done and quickly. Let's at least give it a go and with Warnock that's a given.

Calling for Wilder or Warnock is showing Sheffield is a village, we should try to become a city.
Yep, cos every other manager in recent years from outside of South Yorkshire’s done a sterling job! Bring back Jakonovic or Adkins

It's never too late for anyone to keep us up. The Fat Lady is just putting on her knickers, she's know here near singing, get Warnock in now. If nowt else it'd be a laugh and who knows , he could just do it.
Minimum it would terrify the Premier league the refs and the players.
Unfortunately for me Heckys time is up and something needs to be done and quickly. Let's at least give it a go and with Warnock that's a given.
Well said,Colin for me,too.

The fact warnock & wilder are a popular choice just shows how uncultured and thick are fan base are.

Deserve league 1 football with a fanbase like this.

There's often context in opinions but very few explain the context before posting. Regards long term planning agree.....Warnock is definitely not the answer and Wilder is probably not the answer either (hence why I'd offer him just a trial 1 season contract like we did with Blackwell).

However regards the immediate short term task of trying to avoid the Derby low points record.
...then using some logic and facts....then of course Warnock or Wilder are viable short term instant sticky plaster solutions.
Very few managers in the game would ever accept a short term contract however in recent years Warnock is like the A team.
He goes to crap teams with crap players and somehow picks up wins and draws, successfully does the job, then clears off.

It's looking like we need a miracle to stay up...Wilder have performed one of the biggest miracles in recent football history...in my view bigger than what Ranieri did when winning the PL with Leicester. For anyone to take a side bottom of league 1 to at one stage 5th in the Premier League battling for a Champions league spot in 4 years....seems impossible. Cheltenham and Reading are currently bottom of league 1, if someone said a manager would go there and have either of those teams challenging for a Champions league spot, you would get odds of millions to 1.

I do agree though that Blades seem stuck in this colloquialism mentality, even now many want Billy Sharp to be future manager, to a degree I like that idea too but it does make you wonder when we're going to join the real world and look further a field, maybe even foreign managers.

I can hear him in this dressing and it would frighten this shit of our present team

“You have to die for three fucking points”

“Brewster son stay in the fucking toilet unless you start closing down”

“Fodds son if I had a jags you would stay in the fucking dressing room”

“ Flecky son what you doing walking round the pitch you may as well be taking the dog for a walk”

“Bougs what you doing son fucking tackle him or don’t bother coming back on the bus find your own way home son”

Now all of you fucking lot I want your guts left out on that pitch show these fancy dans what we are about. Now get the fuck on the pitch and get three points or don’t bother coming back in the fucking dressing room”

One thing is for sure there would be 100% more effort
We need to plan for next season and beyond, that discounts Warnock, Big Sam, etc etc
For me either Wilder and Knill back or some up and coming manager, like Luton's Rob Edwards.
Hecky I'm afraid has to go.

I can hear him in this dressing and it would frighten this shit of our present team

“You have to die for three fucking points”

“Brewster son stay in the fucking toilet unless you start closing down”

“Fodds son if I had a jags you would stay in the fucking dressing room”

“ Flecky son what you doing walking round the pitch you may as well be taking the dog for a walk”

“Bougs what you doing son fucking tackle him or don’t bother coming back on the bus find your own way home son”

Now all of you fucking lot I want your guts left out on that pitch show these fancy dans what we are about. Now get the fuck on the pitch and get three points or don’t bother coming back in the fucking dressing room”

One thing is for sure there would be 100% more effort

You say his popularity is growing.

Is it really?

He's wanting to go back to QPR. There's about 5 other of his clubs we wants to manage again before coming back to us.

Warnock wouldn’t keep us up, but nobody would. The issue I have with Warnock, big Sam type is it’s so short term & when we inevitably get relegated you’re on the search again in the summer for a new manager.

I’d rather us hire someone now that we trust to take us back up in the Championship. That’s why I’m not completely against Wilder, albeit he’s not my first choice.

The reason I want Hecky to go is his injury record. It’s ridiculous & he has previous. Hibs, Leeds & Barnsley he had the same issues.

I love my City, but Sheffield has never punched it's weight. No airport, no exhibition venue, no electric train connection. We have been dealt a bum deal around. The only thing we tried was the World Student games, that went well.😫😫

Back
Top Bottom