Now get Billy back!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not as a regular player but being there in the dressing room kicking ass to anyone who thinks that they are here on an easy ride.
You can take the mick with Wilder over his "pashun" but we have seen non of that this season and i reckon getting Bill in there amongst it would be a master stroke.

That’s Wilders job.

I go to the same Bannatynes as paddy. I'll have a word. Maybe he can teach wes how to not pass it to the opponents

He might be shit at it. Many top players have been & he wasn’t ever even a top player. How many appearances & goals in the PL did he manage during his career?
I'm taking the piss mate, I know it doesn't come across as such in text form :)

There's no way we wouldn't have been stronger with Billy around this season. We've been empty and devoid of leadership. Having him here is a safeguard to ensure the sort of bare minimum standard in attitude and application that we've fallen below various times this season

Get him back in, strictly as a player, until the end of the season and see where he is then

Given the "amount of success " we have had over the last 30 years it amazes me that many seem to think the way forward is to hire as many ex Blades as possible.

Has it ever occurred to 'us' that this could be a part of the problem and that we might need to broaden our horizons a little ?
This reminds me of an interview I once heard with Stuart Pearce on Talksport during some World Cup or Euros. He was making a serious point that he thought English players had more desire and heart than foreign players. Everyone nodding along, no one pointed out the flaw in his theory, that with one single exception, EVERY international tournament has been won by these heartless and gutless foreign players.

This reminds me of an interview I once heard with Stuart Pearce on Talksport during some World Cup or Euros. He was making a serious point that he thought English players had more desire and heart than foreign players. Everyone nodding along, no one pointed out the flaw in his theory, that with one single exception, EVERY international tournament has been won by these heartless and gutless foreign players.
English exceptionalism at its finest. Laughable, isn’t it.

What English players have lacked is professionalism, especially with dietary and preparation stuff. Apparently, it is ok for players to unwind with a few beers because heart, desire and pashun will overcome everything. What a sad culture.

It has improved a lot over the years but a mistrust of “forriners” and their fancy (but successful) ways still persists in some quarters.

Not as a regular player but being there in the dressing room kicking ass to anyone who thinks that they are here on an easy ride.
You can take the mick with Wilder over his "pashun" but we have seen non of that this season and i reckon getting Bill in there amongst it would be a master stroke.
Err…No

There's no way we wouldn't have been stronger with Billy around this season. We've been empty and devoid of leadership. Having him here is a safeguard to ensure the sort of bare minimum standard in attitude and application that we've fallen below various times this season

Get him back in, strictly as a player, until the end of the season and see where he is then

Yes, he’d be at his very best playing up front on his own waiting for the hoof balls he’d have to chase.

Given the "amount of success " we have had over the last 30 years it amazes me that many seem to think the way forward is to hire as many ex Blades as possible.

Has it ever occurred to 'us' that this could be a part of the problem and that we might need to broaden our horizons a little ?
This. There are examples all over the country (I live in one) where stubborn rejection of any new perspectives serves only to perpetuate insular stagnation. We really need to ditch the flat cap belligerence - BDTLBL will only be a fortress when we can outplay the opposition. Of course the crowd is important but The Den has a reputation for being a hostile atmosphere- so what, who are Millwall?

Oh Jesus, if the manager can’t instil a sense of pride and fight, there’s no hope. Having a shouty old man in the room really isn’t the answer.

Reminds me of a joke....
Billy and his g/f Tracey went on a guided tour of Nestles facility in York....
As they were walking over these massive vats of chocolate. Billy lost his footing, toppled over and fell head first into a big mass of chocolate To which Tracey shouted out:
.................................................................................................................. 'Billy don't be an Aero.'

Shall we just bring back any player who loved it here and showed passion? Christ almighty, we'll never progress as a club if we can't let go of the past.

Grow up

Back
Top Bottom