[CONFIRMED] John Cofie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

thats the premier striker then...
Never heard of him myself

This is the kind of loan i can get excited about, in a 'Life is like a box of chocolates' kind of way. Will he/won't he be crap? not like some ageing carthorse that you no will most definitely be the latter.

This is the kind of loan i can get excited about, in a 'Life is like a box of chocolates' kind of way. Will he/won't he be crap? not like some ageing carthorse that you no will most definitely be the latter.
But more than that. It's also a statement of intent that we're looking for young, untested but talented players out to prove themselves.

Me too.

However, the names Mark Dempsey and Michael Twiss make me instantly suspicious of anyone from Old Trafford landing at our door.

Be nice to see some good young talent but I hope he is much better than Lee Martin was.
Anyone think this is going to be our main striking option at the side of either Cress or Porter, if it happens?
Wouldn't surprise me given the budget.
If that's the case - God help us!

Rob Staton's Twitter says he's expexcted to sign today. On Man U's website he's described as tall, powerful and quick with an eye for goal.

He'll do for me!

Sounds good to me - precisely the type of loan signing that we should be taking advantage of and would probably do well at League 1. Also, it looks like he's coming in completely under the radar, so well done to the club for keeping the lid on that till the last minute.

That can't be right.
Surely we have to sell Man Utd one of our best players before we're allowed the "option of a loan player".
We can't just go borrowing players willy-nilly without doing the other club a favour first.
Where will it all end!?

According the to documentary sting on Robson I would of thought we would of needed to be bought out by some asian businessman before we could a get a Man U player on loan.

Scores the first in this about 2:17. Certainly looks to be quick/powerful. Interesting...

Cue Cofie (coffee) puns.

Wake up and smell the Cofie!

If he's an immediate success: 'Instant Cofie'

If he gets a red card: 'Cofie barred'

etc.

After he cements his place in the starting XI: Regular Cofie

After 4 goals in his first month: Hot Cofie

And after the inevitable clause in the deal is activited: Striker Recalled To Old Trafford

And after the inevitable clause in the deal is activited: Striker Recalled To Old Trafford

After a poor performance: Burnt Cofie

That punchline made me snigger

SHEFFIELD United will shortly unveil John Cofie as their first summer signing, The Star can reveal.

Cofie, who joins from Manchester United, is expected to spend the 2012/13 campaign on loan at Bramall Lane having enjoyed a similar spell at Royal Antwerp last term.
The teenager was born in Ghana but represents England at youth level.
He moved to Old Trafford after impressing for Burnley.
Wilson, who boasts strong links at Old Trafford, beat off competition from several Championship and League One clubs to capture Cofie’s signature.
Although his loan is set to be reviewed in January, Sir Alex Ferguson’s side are almost certain to let the striker stay with United until the end of the season.

Looks just what we need. Fast, skillful and with an eye for goal ...

When he gets sent down for sexually assaulting a young girl in a second-rate hotel: F-rape-a-teen-o!

Sothall_Blade - good one :)

He gets injured in the first couple of weeks = Coife break
He makes a comment about the level of passing from midfield as Monty tries to play him through = You For Coife

Back
Top Bottom