Goodbye, Rhian Brewster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I do think he’s wank. It’s no secret. Probably cos he is.

Unlike Souza.
Do you want to list all the others you think are “wank” as well? Get it off your chest.
I‘m pretty sure you’ve called Souza the same at times this season. But not today because you literally can‘t can you. Must stick in your throat that one.

Do you want to list all the others you think are “wank” as well? Get it off your chest.
I‘m pretty sure you’ve called Souza the same at times this season. But not today because you literally cant can you. Must stick in you throat that one.
Brewster is top of the list. Without doubt 👍

Find me where I’ve called Souza wank. Please, I beg you.
The search function on here is pretty good, you’ll find out I am among his biggest fans and have stuck up for him when people have dug him out.

So you’ve seen nothing, decided to try and fling shit and looked an idiot. Fair play 👍

Cock. Or 🐷? You decide.
Everyone thought Brewster was finished and shite after that game against West Ham when he pointlessly got sent off.

Now he’s back in the pecking order above our most promising striker in years, and doing nothing at all when he comes on. Figure?

I’ve just been to Luton. You tell me. God forbid you think a shite player is shite.

Sadly I think the injuries have done him. He seems to have lost a fair amount of pace and looks like he's holding back when he runs in case a hammy pops again.
I think it did, he limped off when the players came over to the fans. He seemed to struggle running after he went in for the 50/50 on the halfway line. When we broke away shortly afterwards he couldn’t run

Used all his effort on sprinting to celebrate the third goal, didn't put in half as much of a sprint in once we put him on, just waddles around like we've stuck the 5 stone overweight sub keeper from a pub team on up front for a laugh. Davies isn't exactly pacey but was getting up and down past him, while Brewster just lumbered around the centre circle mostly. His odd moments of effort were decent, but the game mostly bypassed him unfortunately.

Used all his effort on sprinting to celebrate the third goal, didn't put in half as much of a sprint in once we put him on, just waddles around like we've stuck the 5 stone overweight sub keeper from a pub team on up front for a laugh. Davies isn't exactly pacey but was getting up and down past him, while Brewster just lumbered around the centre circle mostly. His odd moments of effort were decent, but the game mostly bypassed him unfortunately.
I'm amazed we didn't shove him out on loan last month. With a massive wage contribution from us, a lower champ or Div 1 team would have taken him. Minutes for him and a wage reduction for us it would have been a win win.

I'm amazed we didn't shove him out on loan last month. With a massive wage contribution from us, a lower champ or Div 1 team would have taken him. Minutes for him and a wage reduction for us it would have been a win win.
Except we’ve since lost serial croc McBurnie, BBD is also sidelined and Jebbo is……. fuck knows.

He clearly was spoilt goods when we bought him. Someone needs to swing.

The striker whose consecutive hat-tricks swept England into Saturday’s Under-17 World Cup final is a product of careful nurturing at Liverpool, where Steve McManaman, Steven Gerrard and John Barnes have had a part to play

Deserves a statue on the car park. In a reclining position of course with Mousset stood beside him eating a slice of pizza.
I wouldn't brand the 2 together, Mousetts downfall was entirely self inflicted. The talent and physique of a superstar, the brain and willpower of a moron.

Brewster seems to have the dedication you need to be a top class sportsman but not the hamstrings. Plus we don't know how much of his downfall is due to our medical staff/facilities.

I wouldn't brand the 2 together, Mousetts downfall was entirely self inflicted. The talent and physique of a superstar, the brain and willpower of a moron.

Brewster seems to have the dedication you need to be a top class sportsman but not the hamstrings. Plus we don't know how much of his downfall is due to our medical staff/facilities.
Mousset’s time at the club was also a lot more productive and useful than Brewster’s has been to date.

Mousset’s time at the club was also a lot more productive and useful than Brewster’s has been to date.
Agreed.
Mousset:
PL goals against Everton, Arsenal (+2pts), West Ham (+1pt), Man U (+1pt), Wolves (+2pts), Spurs
PL assists against Burnley (x3!), Man U, Bournemouth

Brewster
No PL goals
No PL assists

I'd also not realised what a line in the sand lockdown was for Mousset. All but one of those PL goals and all the assists came before the world changed.

Agreed.
Mousset:
PL goals against Everton, Arsenal (+2pts), West Ham (+1pt), Man U (+1pt), Wolves (+2pts), Spurs
PL assists against Burnley (x3!), Man U, Bournemouth

Brewster
No PL goals
No PL assists

I'd also not realised what a line in the sand lockdown was for Mousset. All but one of those PL goals and all the assists came before the world changed.
Pity his chip shop still had lock ins for him during Covid.

Utterly unfair comparison.

This is all really pointless. Whatever the reasons for his crapness, he just can't produce anything effective, and if he'd cost £2.3 million it would still have been bad business.
He may have the dedication, but sadly we can't always do what we want to do.
I'm all for empathy, but let's not forget that a 5 year contract on £30000 a week equals £7.8 million. When I finished work last year I was on what I regarded as a pretty good salary, but it would have taken me 160 years (yes, 160 years!!!), to earn/be paid £7.8 million on my final salary. For most of my working life I was paid a lot less. Someone being paid the current UK median salary would need to work for 245 years to mop up what Mr Brewster has cleared in 5.

Hopefully that provides a sense of perspective in all this.

I don't think our facilities are his entire downfall.

Genuinely I think for both parties we've had some bad luck.

Yeah we signed him post first hammy but even so we couldn't have predicted his issues.

Wilder wanted him but truth be told he wanted a loan to keep funds free for other areas. That said had this lad had injury free seasons I do think he would have come good even if just in the champ.

It's a sad story all round

Back
Top Bottom