CONFIRMED John Fleck joins Blackburn Rovers permanently

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What spoilt bell end thought it clever mimick him Jimmy????? Good luck The Fleckster. What a player. Embodied everything that being a Blade is. Doing it on the pitch, ferociously, with skill, class and style, consistently for five years.
Wilder !

Unless I missed something in the build-up, I never saw this one coming.

It's the right time though, and arguably was a better time in the summer.

Without doubt, my favourite signing of the whole Wilder era and the amazing period our club has had since 2016. Everything that has been said in this thread. His energy, fight, class on the ball, combative nature, his crunch into a tackle, tracking back, pressing forward. His ridiculous consistency levels. You had absolute faith with him in midfield, players whom you can absolutely rely on are rare. For those years of our rise, he was the best box-to-box midfielder in each division he played in.

Those midfield trios with Duffy and Coutts/Norwood were sublime. The best I've ever seen. The best we might feel for a good while yet. You felt confident we were going to be in every game, competitive, the better side. That system was unparalleled, everyone knew where one another would be, who to cover, when to make the run, when to stay. It was beyond clockwork. To be cherished.

If he was on form, you knew we were going to be too. He gave the best years of his career to our club, and how lucky we've been.

Thank you for everything, Flecky. You'll never pay for a beer in the city again. 🔴⚪⚔️

Flecky receiving the ball in midfield and with one drop of the shoulder the whole direction of play shifted.

His pass to Billy against Bolton in 2016/17 season.

So many memories.

A sign of a great player is when you are truly deflated when he isn’t in the team - there haven’t been that many since 71/75 and the Deane days imo - but Flecky in his 3/4 year Pomp certainly was

Only wish you the best JF , thanks for the memories- truly

Feel sorry for him, he deserved a chance to show if he could still do it a Championship level.

If he wants to play on next season now then he’s probably looking at League 2 or Scottish Championship as a pay as you play deal

And to think Heckingbottom gave him a new contract last summer. Fuck a doodle doo.

As stated above, prime JF was brilliant, but he hasn't been that player for a long time now. Shame, we could do with prime Flecky now.

For a few years now the players we've released from the golden era of Wilder have struggled with injuries since leaving united and often in their latter time with United. Fleck, Enda, Duffy, Baldock similar. There's no room for sentiment and whilst we've signed dross for their replacements it doesn't change that too many have stayed a season longer than ideal. The above is a very harsh view granted and I wish Fleck all the best in his recovery but it's surprising looking back that Hecky wanted to keep everyone together.

I can only imagine that was because he knew that there would be cheap signings from abroad he'd barely heard if and didn't want to spend the budget on in replacing squad players with more expensive squad players because of a loan or transfer fee. I get that but we all knew Fleck and Ends looked past their best last season and we're picking up more injuries.

For a few years now the players we've released from the golden era of Wilder have struggled with injuries since leaving united and often in their latter time with United. Fleck, Enda, Duffy, Baldock similar. There's no room for sentiment and whilst we've signed dross for their replacements it doesn't change that too many have stayed a season longer than ideal. The above is a very harsh view granted and I wish Fleck all the best in his recovery but it's surprising looking back that Hecky wanted to keep everyone together.

I can only imagine that was because he knew that there would be cheap signings from abroad he'd barely heard if and didn't want to spend the budget on in replacing squad players with more expensive squad players because of a loan or transfer fee. I get that but we all knew Fleck and Ends looked past their best last season and we're picking up more injuries.

A good manager gets rid of them much sooner than we did. It's just as much a waste of wage budget paying for a player to spend 80% of a season in the treatment room.

I think that is why Wilder said the other week there isn't room for sentiment and when looking at the contract renewals a players fitness and availability is a key factor.

And to think Heckingbottom gave him a new contract last summer. Fuck a doodle doo.

As stated above, prime JF was brilliant, but he hasn't been that player for a long time now. Shame, we could do with prime Flecky now.
This always seemed a puzzling and risky signing by Blackburn.

17 minutes of game time on a contract until the end of the season.
Does this make him worse value than Brewster 🤔

Seriously though I can see him lining up alongside Couttsy for Inverurie Loco Works next season

BBC reporting our former Scottish hero out for the rest of the season.

This always seemed a puzzling and risky signing by Blackburn.

We have no idea how much they paid for him, not how much wages they were paying. If, as any sensible club would demand, the answer to both is "fuck all", where's the risk?

We have no idea how much they paid for him, not how much wages they were paying. If, as any sensible club would demand, the answer to both is "fuck all", where's the risk?
He's played about 5 minutes for them and is now out for the season, and does that surprise anyone?
There's the risk

Who made the worse decision?

Us for renewing Fleck’s contract?

Or Blackburn for signing him in January?

It’s a close run thing.

He's played about 5 minutes for them and is now out for the season, and does that surprise anyone?
There's the risk

Yeah. And if it's factored in to what their outlay is, then who cares?

Back
Top Bottom