Outgoing? Anel Ahmedhodzic

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I can only think of Hansen/Lawrenson in that role that was a success,others will prove me wrong. My opinion is we have the best centre backs pairing in the division,Anel wasnā€™t himself for a while after an awful illness unsurprisingly and Egan has more or less been solid all season. Bigger tests next season???
Loved the pairing of Hansen and Lawrenson, top, top defenders, can't recall having seen better in our domestic game. Perhaps Ferdinand and Vidic were comparable but Lawrenson was a complete thoroughbred of a defender and arguably the best I have seen in the English game....and in case anyone confuses the tired old tv pundit with the superb defender I'm referring to, Mark Lawrenson was about as good a defender as I can recall, sadly he doesn't get the recognition he deserves, but to play in that Liverpool team alongside a quality player like Hansen should demonstrate just how vital he was to that side.

Of course there have been other good-great defenders in the British game, but I've been watching football for a long time (just as have many forum contributors) and although a list of good to great central defenders wouldn't be difficult to compile, for the purposes of this post I'll happily stand by my view that Hansen and Lawrenson were the best of the best.

Loved the pairing of Hansen and Lawrenson, top, top defenders, can't recall having seen better in our domestic game. Perhaps Ferdinand and Vidic were comparable but Lawrenson was a complete thoroughbred of a defender and arguably the best I have seen in the English game....and in case anyone confuses the tired old tv pundit with the superb defender I'm referring to, Mark Lawrenson was about as good a defender as I can recall, sadly he doesn't get the recognition he deserves, but to play in that Liverpool team alongside a quality player like Hansen should demonstrate just how vital he was to that side.

Of course there have been other good-great defenders in the British game, but I've been watching football for a long time (just as have many forum contributors) and although a list of good to great central defenders wouldn't be difficult to compile, for the purposes of this post I'll happily stand by my view that Hansen and Lawrenson were the best of the best.
Agree wholeheartedly! Yes Vidic and Ferdinand were a great pairing as Bruce and Pallister were but Ferdinand was the ball playing,game reading player in the mould of Hansen/Lawrenson with a tough rock at the side of him who could also play football. I like Ferdinand as a pundit also,explains everything very well,strangely i also like lawrenson but his black humour goes over a few heads .

Regardless, this will be his last season here so if any opportunity pops up to sign a decent replacement we should take it, rather than wait till we're back in the championship. Maybe Van Hecke would be a good one

He comes across well and says the right things but I suspect he'll move on in 12 months' time if he has a decent campaign next season
And I wouldnā€™t judge him for that - the fact that heā€™s willing to openly come out with an ā€œIā€™m stayingā€ statement is more than most are willing to do these days.

If he goes in a year we get a good fee to reinvest and heā€™s a great bit of business for us. No ill feelings whatsoever.

One of those ā€œdonā€™t be sad when they leave, smile because they were hereā€ players.

Same for Ndiaye / MGW / Berge.
There's the potential comfort that all being well, Kyle Walker may be walking in as Anel walks out, worst case.

Who knows? We may have a blinding season and he wants to stay.

Back
Top Bottom