Alex Scott

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The thought of us planning for promotion in this way right now seems laughable

Looked one of the best players against us so far this season.

no chance, he’ll go to someone like spurs or Newcastle

Lazy journalism, of course the 3 promoted teams from the Championship would be interested in taking the best players from the Championship.
Must've Watched the Bristol City game on the weekend and thought he'd write an article about him. He was the prematch focus for Sky Sports

And yes plenty of other sides have looked at him and there have been some rumours / bids of £20 Million for him. Staggering really when his only goal this season came in the Blackpool game this weekend.

I'm sure theres lots of potential, but clubs like ourselves can't be looking to spend £20 Million plus on young players with potential unless we're in the Premier League and have a big backer.

Must've Watched the Bristol City game on the weekend and thought he'd write an article about him. He was the prematch focus for Sky Sports

And yes plenty of other sides have looked at him and there have been some rumours / bids of £20 Million for him. Staggering really when his only goal this season came in the Blackpool game this weekend.

I'm sure theres lots of potential, but clubs like ourselves can't be looking to spend £20 Million plus on young players with potential unless we're in the Premier League and have a big backer.
Market has jumped again it seems 20 million buys you a punt nowadays if you’re shopping in the English market.

Not like we've been stung before on £20m+ youngsters with potential or anything, paid for Klopp's and Firmino's new gnashers and a bit more besides

Not like we've been stung before on £20m+ youngsters with potential or anything, paid for Klopp's and Firmino's new gnashers and a bit more besides
Given the price of MGW, it's probably about right in terms of the market, but i think this may well be a step too far for many promoted sides.

Market has jumped again it seems 20 million buys you a punt nowadays if you’re shopping in the English market.
I think it just prices out the smarter promoted sides, it will appeal to the desperate, certainly. And players like this will appeal to the middle tier of the Premier League - the Everton's if you like, well established, big squads containing lots of players signed by several managers over several years.

What do you base that on?
Just my opinion, based on the lack of apparent planning so far this season - the fact that we were allowed to enter into an embargo when we had an opportunity to increase our chances of cementing our points lead and backing a manager , who despite his flaws , has worked wonders really , thereby delivering promotion resulting in at least circa £270m income for Prem + 2 parachutes as a minimum ,says to me that there wasn't any planning. If there was , well god help us).All i`ve witnessed is abdication of responsibility and an indifference to the well-being of the club as a whole.

There has been no visible behaviour of strategic mid to long term planning whatsoever , and at a time when the above mentioned rewards were in our control.

so no - I therefore do not believe there is any planning going on other than crossing fingers .

After the game down there this season, ive wanted him to be signed. Great athlete. Great age

According to Hecky we haven't done anything about potential new contracts for some of our own players yet. Identifying players for the PL might be a bit premature.

That's not the only reason it's a bit premature.

According to Hecky we haven't done anything about potential new contracts for some of our own players yet. Identifying players for the PL might be a bit premature.
With all due respect, we have a scouting department etc, they won't just be sitting on their hands waiting to see if there's a takeover.

Just my opinion, based on the lack of apparent planning so far this season - the fact that we were allowed to enter into an embargo when we had an opportunity to increase our chances of cementing our points lead and backing a manager , who despite his flaws , has worked wonders really , thereby delivering promotion resulting in at least circa £270m income for Prem + 2 parachutes as a minimum ,says to me that there wasn't any planning. If there was , well god help us).All i`ve witnessed is abdication of responsibility and an indifference to the well-being of the club as a whole.

There has been no visible behaviour of strategic mid to long term planning whatsoever , and at a time when the above mentioned rewards were in our control.

so no - I therefore do not believe there is any planning going on other than crossing fingers .
The plan is get to the Premier League and the Premier League money will sort everything out.

Get to the Premier League isn’t a plan. It’s an objective.

The lack of desire to do much, especially in January was an unnecessary risk, even if we do get over the line.

You look at the likes of Fleck, Stevens, Sharp and all the older players with limited time left. January was an opportunity to potentially evolve the workforce too. Even if you decided you wanted any one of those to remain, the squad should evolve each window. It didn’t at all.

It was a master stroke really to pitch such low expectations.

It’s like coming to year end at work and hearing rumours at work that staff will be asked to take a pay cut only to be told it’s ok, the rumours are not true but salaries will be frozen. You somehow come out grateful even though you’ve just been screwed out of your annual pay raise!

The plan is get to the Premier League and the Premier League money will sort everything out.

Get to the Premier League isn’t a plan. It’s an objective.

The lack of desire to do much, especially in January was an unnecessary risk, even if we do get over the line.

You look at the likes of Fleck, Stevens, Sharp and all the older players with limited time left. January was an opportunity to potentially evolve the workforce too. Even if you decided you wanted any one of those to remain, the squad should evolve each window. It didn’t at all.

It was a master stroke really to pitch such low expectations.

It’s like coming to year end at work and hearing rumours at work that staff will be asked to take a pay cut only to be told it’s ok, the rumours are not true but salaries will be frozen. You somehow come out grateful even though you’ve just been screwed out of your annual pay raise!
Lack of permanent signings is almost suicidal. What are we doing next season, even if we go up? We'll not be throwing money around like last time and we aren't a club set up to bring in foreign loans. Not paying big wages so we'll struggle to sign good players

Roughly translates to;

We’re skint
We’re on a run of bad form

:)

I thought she'd given footy up to become a damned good looking presenter?

pommpey

Back
Top Bottom