GK Frank Fielding

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Maybe we’ll see who moves but we’re letting one out of the building in Olsen. I know he’s not giving the production to match his wage so it’s economical for us to let him go but we are weakening ourselves.
I think the really big issue is Henderson, his effect and attitude/confidence is still fresh in the memory, Ramsdale suffered when he came in, in part for his form, but mainly because he wasn't Henderson, Verrips came in ( what we now know, in exceptional times ) behind a shaky defence in a team that looked like they feed on raw meat, Wes came in then Olsen, at some point, all have looked shaky, or not that interested, and whoever comes in next, they won't be Henderson either

Last edited:

But we would all take Hendo back in a heartbeat wouldnt we!???
I think we fucked up letting Moore go personally!
And as for Eastwood, if he isnt ready to play games, he needs to eather head out on loan, or, needs to move on and get his career up and running.
Unfortunately, we have been poor in recruitment, and now are not in the best position to temp the better keepers.
Also, for all hes a pig.....Westwood would be an ideal second keeper to Foderingham, with the hope we can buy better in the summer.....

I think the really big issue is Henderson, his effect and attitude/confidence is still fresh in the memory, Ramsdale suffered when he came in, in part for his form, but mainly because he wasn't Henderson, Verrips came in ( what we now know, in exceptional times ) behind a shaky defence in a team that looked like they feed on raw meat, Wes came in then Olsen, at some point, all have looked shaky, or not that interested, and whoever comes in next, they won't be Henderson either
Hendo is was an issue last year but we’ve had a bit of a break now and I think you’re seeing that as people are warming to Wes.

Blackman - couldn't afford him when he would've improved us, wouldn't have improved us when we could afford him. Unfortunate injury but he's had a nothing career since playing for us

Henderson - never came close to being our player and we had to break the bank to get the second loan, which was only possible with PL money

Ramsdale - young English goalkeeper with top flight experience knocking on the door of the England squad, bought with PL money

Which one of these would you suggest we replicate right now?
Not really the point in being able to buy these players, the point is we cant even loan this standard anymore and we loaned these players pre prem. Were now fishing for bottom feeders, and we all know where we’re going to end up with a policy like this.

Not really the point in being able to buy these players, the point is we cant even loan this standard anymore and we loaned these players pre prem. Were now fishing for bottom feeders, and we all know where we’re going to end up with a policy like this.
Henderson is supposedly on 125k a week, we can't afford anything like that, perhaps if we were ten points clear at the top of the table, and the publicity of another promotion to the PL to keep Hendersons profile high, then maybe ManU might loan him, not in our current position, him sitting on their bench maintains his value, coming to us, not making or losing in the play offs, means he is viewed as a Championship keeper, not pushing De Gea or an England squad regular

Frank Fielding has made 176 Championship appearances and 360 career appearances to date. We are not signing him as a first choice keeper but as a replacement for Verrips and to allow Eastwood to go out on loan. Two seasons in the Premiership and some on here think we should be only signing internationals
If Fielding replaces Verrips, who replaces Olsen?

If we can't shift some players this month , there'll be no new faces.
We are scraping the bottom of the money barrel that Wilder upended to buy the players we have here now.
In our heart of hearts , we all know the situation is dire , but most fans are in denial - they think the Prince will inject his own money after waving Goodbye at that press conference.

The point was we have a back up keeper and are now looking for another back up keeper
We had two backup keepers (Foderingham and Olsen) and two backup backup keepers (Eastwood and Verrips). Fielding could be in either category but he doesn't solve the underlying problem that we do not have a first choice stopper.

We had two backup keepers (Foderingham and Olsen) and two backup backup keepers (Eastwood and Verrips). Fielding could be in either category but he doesn't solve the underlying problem that we do not have a first choice stopper.
No club that aims for promotion achieves it without a solid keeper. Moore was too good for league 1. Henderson was too good for the championship. We need a top goalkeeper at this level if we have any ambition whatsoever regardless of whether that’s a short or long term option. We have arguably let go TWO keepers since the end of last season who are better than what we have now

No club that aims for promotion achieves it without a solid keeper. Moore was too good for league 1. Henderson was too good for the championship. We need a top goalkeeper at this level if we have any ambition whatsoever regardless of whether that’s a short or long term option. We have arguably let go TWO keepers since the end of last season who are better than what we have now
Completely agree and I don't think there's any arguing your last point. Simon Moore might be better than any keeper currently on our books but he's lower end Championship at best irrespective of what Coventry fans say about him. We need to find this (or next) season's Henderson either in the academy, on loan or permanent.

Completely agree and I don't think there's any arguing your last point. Simon Moore might be better than any keeper currently on our books but he's lower end Championship at best irrespective of what Coventry fans say about him. We need to find this (or next) season's Henderson either in the academy, on loan or permanent.
That player is categorically not in the academy. Eastwood is 25 and has done very little in his career in senior football. Amissah just starting out in non league ditto for Dewhurst.

That player is categorically not in the academy. Eastwood is 25 and has done very little in his career in senior football. Amissah just starting out in non league ditto for Dewhurst.
I suspected as much. Amissah and Dewhurst are 20 now and their career trajectories are looking more like Jake Eastwood's than Aaron Ramsdale's at the moment, despite early hype and, in Dewhurst's case, international age group recognition.

As an aside it's quite astounding that Eastwood is still a Sheffield United player.

I suspected as much. Amissah and Dewhurst are 20 now and their career trajectories are looking more like Jake Eastwood's than Aaron Ramsdale's at the moment, despite early hype and, in Dewhurst's case, international age group recognition.

As an aside it's quite astounding that Eastwood is still a Sheffield United player.
The two younger lads could kick on they’re still young for keepers and it could move quick for them. If they do well a league one loan at 22/23 could still be on the cards and at that point you’re happy keeping them around and continuing their development. I’m surprised Eastwood remains as well I think it’s purely down to the high turnover rate of those infront of him.

Didn't you see the press conference ? If your biggest outgoing is wages and you need to cut costs to stay on budget , you have to cut squad numbers.
No. You have to cut player numbers, leaving the squad of 20+ to play the games.
Get rid of any who cannot improve the best 15 .

Who have we got rid of with talent? 😮

Nobody yet. But it's the direction of travel I see us heading in. We'll see the likes of Ramsdale (already), McBurnie, Berge, Brewster, Egan etc. depart and slowly be replaced by low-wages players with very little upside.
Those players will remarkably find form in their new homes whilst we quite rapidly slide downwards.

Ramsdale out, Frank Fielding in. That's the starting point. We signed nobody in 2.5 transfer windows (at least) that has improved us.

No we have two back up keepers we are looking for a third Back up keeper
Why all this flack going Foderinghams way He is no 1 now and deserves that roll.He's been a model of consistency since taking Olsons place .We have more pressing needs than a new no1.
We are in need of physicality and leaders within the club ,some players are a spent force Wilder dragged everything from them Stevens is a god example with Didzi now looking a spent force.
The defence is badly lacking aggression with Egan maybe the one closest! even he gets bullied out of it ( his body language towards the end last night told a story he looked beaten.)
It's now becoming obvious the trauma of last season is still around the squad.
That's not Hecki's fault but he is taking the flack which others created who shall be nameless as I don't want blade scrapping blade on the kop this Saturday if things don't go to plan.
Its happened before when friction happens due to some fans living in the past.
He's gone and left Hecki with a pup and an owner who seems quite happy to let this season drift away.
Hecki has a lot on his plate needs us to support him not get on his back.

Back
Top Bottom