GK Frank Fielding

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Belvedere Blade

Reaction score

Christ, is this really where we’re at?

As a club we've been reduced to that type of person in a supermarket who frantically rummages through the reduced-to-clear sections in Sainsbury's, desperate to find something useful to take home.

Whilst Alan Hodgkinson is the exception (and before my time), I have to say, I don’t like goalkeepers who are below 6ft.

We are going from Wes and Verrips backing up Ramsdale to the same backing up Olsen to Wes being undisputed no 1 and bringing in the third keeper of Stoke.

I do wonder, if we do want to give it a tilt, if we shouldn’t just go for Woodman. Might seem harsh on Wes, but this is a ruthless business and a goalie who can add a few points to the total in a tight league could be a difference between play offs and mid table mediocracy.

It’s not as if every keeper position in the top two divisions is up for grabs. If Woodman fancies first team games, then his options are limited. Christ, even Henderson is struggling for first team opportunities.

Whilst Alan Hodgkinson is the exception (and before my time), I have to say, I don’t like goalkeepers who are below 6ft.

We are going from Wes and Verrips backing up Ramsdale to the same backing up Olsen to Wes being undisputed no 1 and bringing in the third keeper of Stoke.

I do wonder, if we do want to give it a tilt, if we shouldn’t just go for Woodman. Might seem harsh on Wes, but this is a ruthless business and a goalie who can add a few points to the total in a tight league could be a difference between play offs and mid table mediocracy.

It’s not as if every keeper position in the top two divisions is up for grabs. If Woodman fancies first team games, then his options are limited. Christ, even Henderson is struggling for first team opportunities.
at this point i think i’d accept a straight swap woodman for berge

It’s utter utter madness to trust Wes as no1 for the rest of the season

Only us could have sweedens number and one of the top rated goalies in the eredvise and decide to sell both and stick with bombscare

Then go and think stokes 3rd choice keeper would be decent competition

It’s so naive not only to trust a keeper who has never done well at this level but with Covid around when you can lose a keeper anytime

We’ll done prince you fat oaf stick to play fantasy NFL and get that for sale sign up

This is reminding me of when we sold a really decent defender, maybe Matt Kilgallon? and eventually replaced him with Neil Collins. At the time I remember thinking, we are fucked now if this is the market we are shopping in.
Endless cycle of shyte with one or two decent bits in between.

He’ll be cover but it is slightly worrying the calibre of players we’ve been sniffing at but then again I don’t think we’ll ever do much until big investment arrives.

If Villa want Olsen they should give us Jed Steer, despite Grealish getting all the attention, their great run at the end of the season they got promoted directly coincided with Steer taking over in goal. Not sure why they now don't trust him to be their number two keeper.

Is he better than jake Eastwood if Wes gets injured ? In my opinion yes , not upset by this at all.

Jamal Blackman
Dean Henderson
Aaron Ramsdale

And now we have:

Wes Foderingham and are being linked with Frankie Fielding.

You cannot show some people that which they are not willing to see.

Blackman - couldn't afford him when he would've improved us, wouldn't have improved us when we could afford him. Unfortunate injury but he's had a nothing career since playing for us

Henderson - never came close to being our player and we had to break the bank to get the second loan, which was only possible with PL money

Ramsdale - young English goalkeeper with top flight experience knocking on the door of the England squad, bought with PL money

Which one of these would you suggest we replicate right now?

Sadly we're stuffed with expensive players in fees and wages who aren't performing at a level that matches it.

I don't get the Berge Newcastle link when they're trying to sign Van der Beek and Wijnaldum. I've now had to concede that my faith in Berge has been misplaced.

Being unable to get fees for Berge, McBurnie, Brewster, Mousset etc that are even half what we paid mean getting their wages off the books is difficult without taking a monumental hit.

For all the unbelievable work Wilder did, sadly his legacy has to include stuffing us royally with super expensive flops.

The fact we've moved on from the Swedish international keeper who was on a sizeable wage (granted he was crap) to a journeyman back up who is worse than Moore, Foderingham and maybe even Verrips, says it all.

I'd suggest the club had one last go with Davies, Olsen, Hourihabe and MGW. It failed so they abandoned the Slav plan and have been frantically cost cutting since. This will be the approach for a good few years sadly. We are a long way if returning to the Prem and the priority will be trying to stabilise financially.

Expect us to try and move a number on in the next 6 months...if anyone will have them!

Oh and Fielding is rubbish. There's a reason he has not been number 1 for ages. We routinely get bullied and struggle aerially soour scouts have identified a small keeper who stays on his line!

Wes has done OK but won't be our keeper long term so we still need a goalie in the summer along with a lot of other things!

Back
Top Bottom