Outgoing? Anel Ahmedhodzic

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Belvedere Blade

Reaction score

Even if we are promoted he'd still likely leave us for another Prem club so we ought to offer him a really good deal upon promotion to keep him. Even then that may not be enough as the other clubs he's linked with will just have much more financial prowess regarding the wages they can offer him compared to what we could.

Feels a bit of a click bait article which speculates rather than provides anything concrete. Are sides likely to be interested in him well yes. Are they likely to be top 6 sides probably not hence the teams listed.

Can’t wait for promotion.

If you believe what the papers say, once we’ve gone up we’ll lose Ndiaye, Berge and Ahmedhodzic!

Can’t wait for promotion.

If you believe what the papers say, once we’ve gone up we’ll lose Ndiaye, Berge and Ahmedhodzic!

What about when we don't go up?

Papers may be praying on that fact more than anything.

Even if we are promoted he'd still likely leave us for another Prem club so we ought to offer him a really good deal upon promotion to keep him. Even then that may not be enough as the other clubs he's linked with will just have much more financial prowess regarding the wages they can offer him compared to what we could.
What a frighteningly stupid opening sentence

Serious question - are there loads of examples of teams going up then having their best players immediately poached that I’m missing?

In my experience, they usually do a Jags. Do one season then step up to an even higher level if they’re capable. No reason why Ndiaye won’t do that, Anel too.

Yes Ndiaye leaves for nothing but it’s £120m if we stay up and we’re not getting that for him.

Serious question - are there loads of examples of teams going up then having their best players immediately poached that I’m missing?

In my experience, they usually do a Jags. Do one season then step up to an even higher level if they’re capable. No reason why Ndiaye won’t do that, Anel too.

Yes Ndiaye leaves for nothing but it’s £120m if we stay up and we’re not getting that for him.
Norwich is one example.

Went up and immediately sold Burundi’s for around 30m to Villa.

It’s the usually gamble though isn’t it?

At the moment the supposed gamble is to keep paying a wage bill we can’t sustain to increase our chance at bouncing back.

When we go up it will be so we keep Ndiaye and Berge in the hope they keep us up or do we sell them with a year remaining on their deals to avoid them leaving for nothing.

You can understand the quandary. It’s not as if it’s black and white. We keep them and we stay up, we sell them and we go down.

As a newly promoted team it’s just as likely you keep them and still go down.

Then again it depends how well we build.

If Hecky somehow got us up and steered us to 9th once more, then who are those players joining? Are they really proven top 8 players who will be starters? It’s a big leap.

But the problem is simply money. We might be moving someone’s contract from 10-20k per week to 60k per week. You can still get a handful of daft teams telling the agents they will pay their client 150k per week.

The most realistic is to firstly get promoted and then offer new contracts with some sort of acceptable release clause that protects both.

Football is a short career. Even if they want to run down their deals, no point say they’re on slightly improved Championship wages just so you can run down your deal. Suppose Ndiaye gets a bad injury. He’ll be sat on low wages and that might be it. Sign an improved deal, he might still triple his wages but then also retain an escape clause in case we go down.

A deal with a 20m release clause upon relegation for example would protect the club from getting nothing but would also avail the player at a lower than market value so he can also ask for more to sign on.

You could say his release should be 40m or more but then this might put him off signing anything and then just walk for free.

2 of those sides mentioned haven't exactly guaranteed they will be playing Premiership football next season. He was an international footballer before he came to us. At the moment he is unproven at regular high standard level week in week out in the Premier league. I would be very surprised if this wasn't just the usual journalist crap that they curl out to get clicks on their site. If we were in Leicester or Wolves position next season I could see him been linked to elsewhere if we went down (presuming we go up)

Only tempter for him may be Newcastle if they're in champs league next season, however he loves it here and will want to prove himself in the prem with us.

Quite an exciting prospect seeing some of our stars unleashed to a global audience week in week out playing amongst the best in the world. I'm way more enticed at the prospect of watching Anel, N'diaye, Jebbison and maybe one of the City boys on Loan/perm again than the last team who went up.

He’d be an odd target for Newcastle this summer. They can obviously definitely afford him but if they get champions league football you’d assume they will bring in real stars in a similar way to City given their funding.

Love how the media talk about players moving as if the club will just stand there and let contracted players waltz off.

Likewise how they always mention what they think is fair market value.

How about that left back Chelsea got from Brighton. They got best part of 63m for him and a loan thrown in. Was he worth it? No. But he was to Brighton.

So, sure, Newcastle, cast an admiring glance over him. He's yours for 80m.

It just takes a negative slant then crocodile rolls it to the depths of despair before stuffing its rotting carcass under a tree to gradually come back and feast on its misery and desperation
60% of the posts on here are like that. (Including receipts, for “balance”)

Anel said in the international break he wants to play for Man City one day. The best team in the world Man City.
The kid means business and clearly believes in himself. We'll struggle to keep him next season regardless of promotion, but I think the length of his contract puts us in decent shape to keep him for 1 season if we do go up.

Usually not, but it does happen.

If we do go up, I assume players will stay unless they get a good offer. I would suspect the offer would have to be big though, but with a player like Ndiaye we might have limited options given his contract situation. I expect if a top half club comes in for one of them they'd be off.

I don't think AA would look anywhere as effective in a back four, which would limit his options.

I would expect him and all other key players to remain next season should Utd get up. The following season will be the real test, having to replace Ndiaye and Berge.

He's close to being back to his best now. It's taken a few months since the glandular fever but he's starting to stand out in every match he plays.

I don't think AA would look anywhere as effective in a back four, which would limit his options.

I would expect him and all other key players to remain next season should Utd get up. The following season will be the real test, having to replace Ndiaye and Berge.
On what basis? When he deputised for Egan in the centre he performed arguably the best he had all season from a disciplined defensive perspective.

On what basis? When he deputised for Egan in the centre he performed arguably the best he had all season from a disciplined defensive perspective.
I think it would be his best position ( defensively ) he just sweeps up and reads the game rather than marking a striker and getting constantly booked

It's a shame we don't have two of him

I don't doubt he's good enough defensively to play in a four (I too thought he was fantastic against Spurs) - what I meant was by doing so, it would impact the opportunities he'd have to carry the ball forward and get into attacking positions, which he is able to to from RCB, and he would just become more of a stopper.

The same would have applied to JOC.

I think it would be his best position ( defensively ) he just sweeps up and reads the game rather than marking a striker and getting constantly booked

It's a shame we don't have two of him
I can only think of Hansen/Lawrenson in that role that was a success,others will prove me wrong. My opinion is we have the best centre backs pairing in the division,Anel wasn’t himself for a while after an awful illness unsurprisingly and Egan has more or less been solid all season. Bigger tests next season???

It feels like Anel has basically cruised his way to being a major part in a promotion, being at little more than 80% post glandular. Speaks volumes for his calibre

Hopefully the summer break gets him back near 100%. If so he's going to attract a lot of elite interest in the next year

I'm sure I've seen us linked with another Bosnian defender in the past, if true and we could get his signature then Anel may not be in a rush to leave us anyway in the Prem

Back
Top Bottom