GK Frank Fielding

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Fielding's spent about 3 seasons as a full time number one throughout his entire career and as a 33 year old, that's not really a lot of football. We can add another dwarf to our collection too

I totally get why we let Simon Moore go at the time but I'd love to have him back between the sticks for us at the moment.

Blackman - couldn't afford him when he would've improved us, wouldn't have improved us when we could afford him. Unfortunate injury but he's had a nothing career since playing for us

Henderson - never came close to being our player and we had to break the bank to get the second loan, which was only possible with PL money

Ramsdale - young English goalkeeper with top flight experience knocking on the door of the England squad, bought with PL money

Which one of these would you suggest we replicate right now?
The point I’m making is the gap (or chasm) is alarming … we will be a button ten champ team for the foreseeable if we carry on

I'm OK with this. As long as its just agent talk and there is absolutely no truth in us being interested in this lad. Need better and I would hope that we will invest in a decent long term lower league young keeper. There are a few out there, we are trying to offload our stiffs we shouldn't be looking to bring in other teams cast offs in the meantime.

Pretty sure anyone could have made the saves he makes there. The one half decent one came back off the post and could have been a goal.

The one where he got lobbed from the opposition half was it? Impressive one that 😂

If this is all Mitchell's little black book can come up with, can we assume he's working with Wilder already. But from within?!

No, just no. Fuck off and when you get there, fuck off some more. I'd rather have Franky Fryer or Frank Butcher

There's surely a young EPL keeper we can loan to the end of the season. That lad at Liverpool, for example. Not ideal but cheap and little risk pf going down

Not awful tbf, need a backup who’s happy to sit on the bench and only be in the lineup if required. Not inspiring by any means, but an experienced pro.

Even if he's dropped off a bit, I'd take Blackman over this guy.

At least he's aerially dominant and an imposing figure.

He did reasonably well for a full season for us a little while back as first choice. Rather go down that route for 6 months that this dud.

Even if he's dropped off a bit, I'd take Blackman over this guy.

At least he's aerially dominant and an imposing figure.

He did reasonably well for a full season for us a little while back as first choice. Rather go down that route for 6 months that this dud.
He is playing in America

If this is true then the club is in an even worse position than before we got promoted.

I can see attendences going back down to under 20k in coming seasons with IPTV and streams readily available

Pathetic signing and a real sign of where we're now at. We had our chance, we were 9th in the PL and we have fucked it big time.

We're lumbered with average and old players on big money with time left on their contracts that we can't move on. We need to sell players over the next 2 years to try and balance the books but none of our big money signings have any suitors. This will lead to young talent like Ndiaye, Jebbison and anyone else who shows a bit of promise getting sold instead.

Don't know what people want in a reserve keeper! Signing a young pro for say £200,000 - 400,000 from League One to sit on the bench? It would be great to have someone more exciting than Frank Fielding, but reserve goal keeper must be the most uninspiring signing you can possibly make regardless, money is tight, I;d rather spend what little money we do have on the midfield and defence! We know that the finances are shot and we need players to go, it is what it is, sadly.

Don't know what people want in a reserve keeper! Signing a young pro for say £200,000 - 400,000 from League One to sit on the bench? It would be great to have someone more exciting than Frank Fielding, but reserve goal keeper must be the most uninspiring signing you can possibly make regardless, money is tight, I;d rather spend what little money we do have on the midfield and defence! We know that the finances are shot and we need players to go, it is what it is, sadly.
The problem I have is that we need a first choice keeper, not another back up which we already have in Foderingham.

One first team appearance in 2 and a half years. History of illness and injury. Short goalkeeper known for his ability to stay rooted to his goal line leading to numerous goals conceded from set pieces. What a damming indictment of the incompetence of our recruitment team. The fact we haven't got a first team goalkeeping coach doesn't help. If its anything more than a 6 month contract then Mitchell should do the honourable thing and walk.

We'll be blessed with 2 of the smallest goalkeepers in the league at a time when we have defenders who can't deal with the ball in the air, beggars belief that we are going with this option. The only reason is he's cheap and available. Can we fall any further!

One first team appearance in 2 and a half years. History of illness and injury. Short goalkeeper known for his ability to stay rooted to his goal line leading to numerous goals conceded from set pieces. What a damming indictment of the incompetence of our recruitment team. The fact we haven't got a first team goalkeeping coach doesn't help. If its anything more than a 6 month contract then Mitchell should do the honourable thing and walk.

We'll be blessed with 2 of the smallest goalkeepers in the league at a time when we have defenders who can't deal with the ball in the air, beggars belief that we are going with this option. The only reason is he's cheap and available. Can we fall any further!
Foderingham gets suspended. Fielding comes in at home vs West Brom. Can see it now!

The problem is that all the evidence points to him not being good enough. Even if we are only looking for a reserve keeper why sign an injury/illness plagued midget (by keeper standards) who has barely played?

Back
Top Bottom