Axel Tuanzebe

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Axel out of the blue for me too. Last update I had was that Tom Davies is right at the top of our list. Can only presume that we are unsure on something about him as he should be in by now you'd think if there wasn't.

He has been training at Bristol Rovers.

We've already taken a gamble on our first 3 signings, at some stage we need to be signing proven operators. Smacks of desperation to me

I do agree here

Am not opposed to taking some lower risk gambles - you only need 1 to really hit and the strategy works. Slimani has looked capable by all accounts so far.

But at some stage you have to look at a new signing and think - yes I’m confident that’s an upgrade on the starting 11 from last year. We haven’t done that yet (or even come close to signing a proven commodity)

We've already taken a gamble on our first 3 signings, at some stage we need to be signing proven operators. Smacks of desperation to me

I'm sure we'd love to buy a bunch of tried & tested individuals at Premier League level. Sounds lovely.

But we ain't got that sort of dough.

Bear in mind we're talking about a league where some proper bang average players are raking in eye-watering weekly wages (Holgate a prime example). I'm sure there's some value to be found in places, but the wages of proven operators at this level are way out of our price range. That's that, really.

Hope the medical was a thorough one given his history. At this rate the redevelopment of the training facilities will be just to incorporate an emergency department and in-house operating theatre
Can confirm it was thorough. My source tells me he was carried in wrapped in bubble wrap and the medical consisted of walking 10 metres without pulling a muscle. Straight back in the bubble wrap afterwards.

Meh.
Signing crocks as back-up doesn't sound the smartest of strategies. It's another signing that doesn't upgrade the XI.
Better than having no cover, but would've thought we might look at a young up & comer to succession plan for Egan.
Just interested, given your previous thoughts on what the club should do, would you in this example here, rather spend 6/7 or whatever million on a championship proven CB over a cheap flyby cover for free

no wrong answer, not trying to catch you out, just right now given where the market is and what is there, what direction would you go

Reg Davies, even if we aren’t getting him, still strange he hasn’t secured a move yet

i think tom davies is our alternative if we cant get tommy doyle back and dont think it would be as disastrous a signing as some posters on here are suggesting
Probably quite a bit of truth in that but he might be gone before Doyle decides

He’s managed to play in 18 matches since 2021? Seems a big gamble even on a free!
Trqnsfrmarket state £50k pw at Man U
Presume they were picking some of this up last season at Stoke

Hopefully we have him on a small basic with appearance bonuses and a guaranteed pay rise next season based on say playing 50%+ of games and staying up

I would presume he would have offers from championship and abroad, so hopefully he feels he has a point to prove and would rather push himself here, rather than collect a wage at say Coventry or Boro

Clark gone, JOC confirmed, so a freebie on our terms seems a no brainer

Still waiting for a marquee signing or 2, but a Doyle/Mcatee plus another top young un from Prem and we’ve not done bad reshaping a squad with the budget of half a Harvey Barnes

Axel out of the blue for me too. Last update I had was that Tom Davies is right at the top of our list. Can only presume that we are unsure on something about him as he should be in by now you'd think if there wasn't.
Highly suspect dress sense, like an 18th Century fop, that would be a no from me :)

Last year we had no real back up for Egan. If this comes off we do. Egan is pretty reliable normally so I doubt the wages will be high

The wages won’t be peanuts but suspect his situation and history of injuries mean that he’s got to take a deal where there is some expectation to prove himself.
At the end of the day, players get better with age and experience, and his experience has been hampered with injury.

If he’s over those problems and has worked hard on strength, conditioning and is now fully fit he could prove to be a useful signing and earns better deal.

It’s getting to the point where we need to start getting bodies in, we are a few weeks away from the first games and we cannot be wasting games getting up to speed. We need to be on it from the off if we are to stand any chance of staying up. Teams get stronger and we need to take some advantage from that while teams aren’t at their best!!

I have no fuckin idea how fit he is, I'm pretty sure Hecky and his team know a bit more than us, I have faith in them.
all the ranting on here but your post makes the most sense lets wait and see same with tom davies if we sign know their not the signings our fans want but lets give these lads a chance if their in the red and white this season utb fto

It’s quite simple really, we have a limited amount of funds so we have to deploy calculated risks that are either:
1. Unknown/untested; or
2. Talented but have an iffy injury record; or
3. Talented but fallen out of favour; or
4. Crap and cheap.
I’m all for 1-3.

Back
Top Bottom