CONFIRMED Major Sponsor unveiling - USG - Union Standard Group

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Significant financial boost, and undisclosed transfer fee two phrases I wouldn't miss.

Am I the only one who's relatively happy?

We knew the sponsor last week and their logo is yellow/gold text and a full colour Union Jack. The press release shows Black/White text with a red/white union jack. So, despite them paying us loads to be on the shirts, we've managed to negotiate them to change their logo to suit our shirt.

IMG_20190624_145653.jpg

All of this positivity will be undone when they slap a big white box around it 🤣

We knew the sponsor last week and their logo is yellow/gold text and a full colour Union Jack. The press release shows Black/White text with a red/white union jack. So, despite them paying us loads to be on the shirts, we've managed to negotiate them to change their logo to suit our shirt.

View attachment 55866

All of this positivity will be undone when they slap a big white box around it 🤣
It’s fine, what’s there to be unhappy about? It’s not a betting company or something totally embarrassing like Chansiri or Chuppa Chupps.

Sure we could have let the Green Party or the Guardian sponsor us but we’d have had to pay them for the privilege. Ticks all the boxes for me as long as like you say they don’t piss abaaht with the logo.

View attachment 55866

No, not at all. I for one am also well happy with the new sponsor. Its not a company with a bad image, the logo looks professional enough, and at the end of the day, it is just a sponsor. They are also probably throwing big bucks our way.

And strangley enough, through my line of work these days, i have heard of the group before they came on the scene with SUFC. Whilst i dont claim to know a heck of a lot about them, they do have a professional, competitive reputation in the business that they are in.

Well done to the Commercial team, and a big welcome to the United family to USG.

Actually on reflection, scrap all of the above as it seems that today's new 'trend' is to fkin moan about everything instead... 😉

As an aside, what do a sponsor gain? Is it simply exposure? Is that it? This USGFX firm seem like a big brand already in their own field (a field I know nothing about), so is it simply all about exposure in the Premier league to a more European side of it all?

As an aside, what do a sponsor gain? Is it simply exposure? Is that it? This USGFX firm seem like a big brand already in their own field (a field I know nothing about), so is it simply all about exposure in the Premier league to a more European side of it all?
Think of all the Chinese students in the city, and the Chinese investment here

View attachment 55866

nah.

I'm happy enough. It sounds significant enough. I've never heard of them, but so what, Sainsbury's don't exactly need to pay for brand recognition in the premier league. nearly all the sponsors are companies I'd never heard of before they sponsored premier league teams.

I think I read that these guys only got a licence to trade in Europe last year, so it makes absolute sense to drive people to their European website.

For the blades, its surely about maximum cash with a brand that doesn't do our brand any harm

Educated guess - this deal will be worth at least £1,000,000 a year (while we're in the Premier League). Can you imagine United's commercial team sitting down with USG and saying "look, thanks for the cash but we're going to go with a low key launch as we think Disappointed Darren from Dinnington is going to be a bit underwhelmed that it's not Apple or Adidas or Mercedes"?

USG are doing this for brand awareness and, even though the global TV audiences will be what they're after, I think it's the least the club can do to create as much hype as possible.

Anyone who got genuinely excited about who the sponsor was and feels really, really let down today has only got themselves to blame. I think the only thing that's "embarrasing" and "disappointing" (quotes from twitter etc, not your post) is the reaction of people who are old enough to know better.
You can multiply that by 10

ManBetX - Palace
SportPesa - Everton
Defabet - Fulham
Burnley - Laba360
Huddersfield - OPE Sports
Cardiff - Malaysian Tourist Office
Newcastle - Fun88
Wolves - W88

Is USG really that bad considering, especially if it's giving us money to spend on staying in the PL...

Wolves have got ManBet X now, which is an awful sponsor.

Bournemouth have got Mansion M88 (Chinese characters)

Southampton have got LD Sports massive box and Chinese characters

As I said earlier, if the colours on the reveal are what ends up on the shirts, we've done well to attract a good amount of money and not have a truly gipping logo.

If we happen to sign someone who's not Irish or British, even the Brexit comments will vanish.

nah.

I'm happy enough. It sounds significant enough. I've never heard of them, but so what, Sainsbury's don't exactly need to pay for brand recognition in the premier league. nearly all the sponsors are companies I'd never heard of before they sponsored premier league teams.

I think I read that these guys only got a licence to trade in Europe last year, so it makes absolute sense to drive people to their European website.

For the blades, its surely about maximum cash with a brand that doesn't do our brand any harm

I've heard of them. Known about them for years. In fact, I've got one of their cables and memory sticks.

Back
Top Bottom