USG sponsorship issues..?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Joey1889

Reaction score
Somewhere between Sheffield, Rotherham and Chez

Are we sponsored by the UK arm of this?

interesting what this could mean if anything for kit sponsorship? Presume the aussie side of the business is significantly larger than its UK and other businesses, will they have made the payment upfront for just one year? or three? or have i been playing too much fifa 😅

Hopefully the lot goes under so we can use our new higher status to negotiate a bigger pot of cash from somebody else.

Surely they'll have been increase clauses based on league position, TV exposure etc added into the original deal?

I can't see it being a flat fee for 3 years as no idea what division we would be in for years 2 and 3.

Bit annoying with the kits about to come out and not much time to find new better sponsors.

It impacting our sponsorship deal, is too hard to tell really. It depends on a whole host of factors - which entity they contract through, if they have any liability caps in place, if the Australian business is one of their larger markets (could well be, as it doesn't seem to have a strong foothold in the UK at all), how the sponsorship contract has been set up with the club etc. etc.

Edit it is also worth remembering that they had been investigated by the Australian equivalent of the FCA late last year. It wouldn't surprise if the UK entity was also on the radar of the FCA, particularly now with the transitional changes required to MiFID II, post leaving the EU. Overall, hard to say as there's very little out there on USG - they come across as a bit small time to me.

Last edited:

Hopefully the lot goes under so we can use our new higher status to negotiate a bigger pot of cash from somebody else.

USG are paying us loads for where we were when they joined up. It'd be some going from the Prince to get better.

Bettis hinted at about £10m a season.

Hope we don't end up with a shit stuck over job though if the whole lot goes.

Surely they'll have been increase clauses based on league position, TV exposure etc added into the original deal?

I can't see it being a flat fee for 3 years as no idea what division we would be in for years 2 and 3.
You're probably right U_B.
A nice healthy bonus for finishing high, qualifying for Europe and more TV exposure.
Likewise, a reduction if we go down.....fools!!

I was thinking the same. We'd surely get a better offer now.

I was thinking the same. We'd surely get a better offer now.
That's spot on. We were only going to be in the Prem one season which could have put major sponsors off.

USG are paying us loads for where we were when they joined up. It'd be some going from the Prince to get better.

Bettis hinted at about £10m a season.

Hope we don't end up with a shit stuck over job though if the whole lot goes.

We'll get some Arabic Text on the front I reckon.

These are already corporate partners:
1594304649401.png

Ah, be still my beating heart. One of my favourite 'Blades Being Shit' moments that.

Reytler, was it you that immortalised the best shirt unveiling media release ever in the MS Paint iconic moments thread.

The awful photoshop onto a shitty clip art background.

The awful shirts.

Febian Brandy.

Tony McMahon.

It's literally got everything to sum up how utterly rick bottom we were. I love it.

Sponsorship might be hit by the pandemic but at the same time our higher profile and success might mean we don't feel it if we do need to find a new sponsor.

Reytler, was it you that immortalised the best shirt unveiling media release ever in the MS Paint iconic moments thread.

The awful photoshop onto a shitty clip art background.

The awful shirts.

Febian Brandy.

Tony McMahon.

It's literally got everything to sum up how utterly rick bottom we were. I love it.

Twas I. I've already reposted once before so modesty prevents me from enriching your lives again ;)

Hopefully they have paid us the money we were owed this season otherwise I don’t fancy us seeing much of that back!

Hopefully, we can find another sponsor otherwise it could limit us in the transfer window - but we have to be a more appealing prospect then we were 12 months ago.

If USG aren't now going to be our sponsor for the next two years, I have absolutely no doubt that other company's have already been in contact to sponsor us following our success regardless of USG recently going into administration

Hopefully they have paid us the money we were owed this season otherwise I don’t fancy us seeing much of that back!

Hopefully, we can find another sponsor otherwise it could limit us in the transfer window - but we have to be a more appealing prospect then we were 12 months ago.

It's only one arm though and no issues for the others or the company as a whole according to the press release.

Aye, bugger all the non-executive employees suddenly finding themselves on the dole. They can all do one, as long as we get a new snazzy logo on the shirts. 🙄
Why should I, a Sheffield United fan wanting the best deal for my club, give a toss about some forex trader blokes in Australia needing to get a new job? It’s not that deep.

Back
Top Bottom