CONFIRMED Major Sponsor unveiling - USG - Union Standard Group

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

As an aside, what do a sponsor gain? Is it simply exposure? Is that it? This USGFX firm seem like a big brand already in their own field (a field I know nothing about), so is it simply all about exposure in the Premier league to a more European side of it all?

I agree. I think (most) shirt sponsorships are 'vanity projects'. Who (without Googling) can name Watford's shirt sponsors from last season? Palace? West Brom etc? Not moaning, just wondering what commercial benefits these deals bring to the sponsors. Similar to all the 'betting' sponsors. Do people go with the companies who offer the best odds or because it's on their team's shirts. Hmm.

My only moan is the shirt they're holding up. Please tell me we won't be having white backs to the home shirts again...

Still, we've come a long way from the days of 'Wards' and 'Lavers' and at least we have a serious sponsor who will help our club. Unlike 'Chansiri'.

I agree. I think (most) shirt sponsorships are 'vanity projects'. Who (without Googling) can name Watford's shirt sponsors from last season? Palace? West Brom etc? Not moaning, just wondering what commercial benefits these deals bring to the sponsors. Similar to all the 'betting' sponsors. Do people go with the companies who offer the best odds or because it's on their team's shirts. Hmm.

My only moan is the shirt they're holding up. Please tell me we won't be having white backs to the home shirts again...

Still, we've come a long way from the days of 'Wards' and 'Lavers' and at least we have a serious sponsor who will help our club. Unlike 'Chansiri'.

Last seasons shirt, it even had the EFL number scheme on the back.

Not massively bothered as long as the deal is a lucrative one. I do think it would have been better if the sponsor and shirt was launched together, and maybe this is behind some peoples disappointment?

Think it's pretty obvious that there will have been a contractual stipulation that we can't sign a player or release the kit until the sponsor was announced.

They'll want full exposure and want every new signing holding up a shirt with their name emblazoned across it!

I agree. I think (most) shirt sponsorships are 'vanity projects'. Who (without Googling) can name Watford's shirt sponsors from last season? Palace? West Brom etc?

Me but I'm a sadcase.

£8m year one. drops a million each year.

Ramsdens was worth £180-200k

Different game this premier league!

And here's me thinking Ramsdens would have the cash to come with, that's mental if true.

Not far off the same money from a kit sponsor in year one as Wilder spent on players to get us promoted out of the Championship over two seasons.

index.php

I'd buy that for a dollar!

I’m pretty sure how this sponsorship malarkey works is that the brand wants more exposure so if people have never heard of them then a few more will have heard of them by this time next year. They pay us for the privilege.

Novel concept.

£8m year one. drops a million each year.

Ramsdens was worth £180-200k

Different game this premier league!

If it really is £8m in year one, then they've massively undercooked the watch this space stuff. That would be one of the most incredible commercial deals ever. There were only 8 bigger deals in the Premier League in 17/18 (per reported figures).

If it really is £8m in year one, then they've massively undercooked the watch this space stuff. That would be one of the most incredible commercial deals ever. There were only 8 bigger deals in the Premier League in 17/18 (per reported figures).
Indeed! When s4-blade said 8 figures I thought £10m over the 3 years would be decent.

Yeah the figures of 8 million don't make much sense to me. Everton get about 9 million and they are a far bigger 'brand'

Huddersfield got 1.5 million. We will be in that ballpark surely?

Yeah the figures of 8 million don't make much sense to me. Everton get about 9 million and they are a far bigger 'brand'

Huddersfield got 1.5 million. We will be in that ballpark surely?
No, honestly the deal is off the scale I’m terms of what’s been done by a bottom third club before

McCabe said 2002/03 was our last sponsor from the Far East, but we had Topspring in 2013/14? Who could forget that awful Tony McMahon/JCR kit launch?

Call me old fashioned (and probabaly much worse) but I don't think you should ever launch a kit without the aid of an attractive young female and some red, white and black body paint.

No, honestly the deal is off the scale I’m terms of what’s been done by a bottom third club before

If the figures quoted are anywhere close to being accurate then whoever initiated this sponsorship has done an excellent job in selling the club and what being a Premier division team means in terms of exposure.

If the figures quoted are anywhere close to being accurate then whoever initiated this sponsorship has done an excellent job in selling the club and what being a Premier division team means in terms of exposure.

Pure luck. Nothing's happening at the club because of the court case. Everything's on stop.

I read it on here.......

agree. I think (most) shirt sponsorships are 'vanity projects'. Who (without Googling) can name Watford's shirt sponsors from last season? Palace? West Brom etc? Not moaning, just wondering what commercial benefits these deals bring to the sponsors. Similar to all the 'betting' sponsors. Do people go with the companies who offer the best odds or because it's on their team's shirts. Hmm.

They are not particularly trying to appeal to grumpy old twats in S10 (and I include myself in that).

They are getting TV exposure in Oz, China, Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam, Japan, Korea etc etc etc. Even if we only have one season in the Prem. they will still have had fantastic exposure to hundreds of millions of tv viewers for under £5m.

The days of Crown Paints and Sharp trying to use shirts to sell more product in the UK are long gone.

Pure luck. Nothing's happening at the club because of the court case. Everything's on stop.

Even our trusty old sentinel Sean Thornton has legally had to limit his posts.

His new rationed posts only allow short arguments with Fallowfield Knob and WoodwardFan, although it is hoped that a more normal level of "It's in the accounts" will be restored after the court case.

I guess we won't know fully until the accounts are out in a year or so. If true thats a incredible amount. Nearly as much as The Prince has put in since he joined and we spunked any money he did have up the wall!

Im just delighted it wasn't a betting company as I just assumed like majority of top 2 tier clubs do, when its a new sponsor

Back
Top Bottom