USG sponsorship issues..?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

May have told this story before, but when we were sponsored by “visitmalta.com” there was a night match during which we’d been appalling in the first half.

During the half time interval the adverts for visitmalta.com came on.

This old bloke in front of us looked up at the screen and shouted, “NEVER MIND VISIT BLOODY MALTA! LET’S HAVE SOME BLOODY FOOTBALL!”

:D
I visited the World Travel Market exhibition in London at the time the Blades were sponsored by "Visit Malta". At the front of the Malta stand stood an attractive young lady. Above her head was a screen showing a video of the Blades. I sidled up...

"That's my team" I said.

"Oh" she replied, looking straight through me into the middle distance.

I visited the World Travel Market exhibition in London at the time the Blades were sponsored by "Visit Malta". At the front of the Malta stand stood an attractive young lady. Above her head was a screen showing a video of the Blades. I sidled up...

"That's my team" I said.

"Oh" she replied, looking straight through me into the middle distance.
:D It happens!

She'd probably got no interest in football at all and was dreading you starting up a conversation about it. Then again, maybe you are very ugly with bad breath?🤔

This could signal a rare opportunity for Amazon, Facebook, or Microsoft to seal their place on our shirts on a 5 year deal for, say £50m per year.

Tuftyball ..... its the future 😜

UTB & FTP

May have told this story before, but when we were sponsored by “visitmalta.com” there was a night match during which we’d been appalling in the first half.

During the half time interval the adverts for visitmalta.com came on.

This old bloke in front of us looked up at the screen and shouted, “NEVER MIND VISIT BLOODY MALTA! LET’S HAVE SOME BLOODY FOOTBALL!”

:D

Reyt hilarious anecdote that, thanks for sharing....

At least our sponsors will probably exist...

I want to know what this loan is, unless he means the mortgage.

I assume he paid for his house in cash if he does...

Reckon he's attempting to take the piss that we don't have a billionaire owner, while under the impression they do.

Not spending anything on improving the academy, stadium, and getting a real kit manufacture says they might not, as does spending practically naff all on the playing squad for a fair few windows.

Reyt hilarious anecdote that, thanks for sharing....
Why thank you very much Sir!

I don't think it's hilarious btw - I think it's amusing. I think it was very funny indeed when it happened, everyone around us found it very funny anyhow, but maybe it's one of those things where you have to be in the moment. However, if it brings just a smile to one or two faces on here then it's been worth posting it.

That's my philosophy see? I like to think that my contributions to this board will give folks a bit of pleasure, a bit of a laugh maybe, even a bit of advice or support occasionally. That's why I come on here.

I don't come on here to stalk people and criticise everything they post. I know some do - but that's their problem and a very deep problem they have too! 😳

Glad you nearly enjoyed it anyhow, and I look forward to reading your "hilarious" anecdotes too! :D

I want to know what this loan is, unless he means the mortgage.

I assume he paid for his house in cash if he does...

Reckon he's attempting to take the piss that we don't have a billionaire owner, while under the impression they do.

Not spending anything on improving the academy, stadium, and getting a real kit manufacture says they might not, as does spending practically naff all on the playing squad for a fair few windows.
He rents. Bit like his club.

Would anyone like to venture a guess as to what's going on here, then?

(not the rebrand, I mean in the insane image that someone has taken the time to make)

Screenshot_20210505_103411_com.instagram.android.jpg

Who officially sponsors United?

It says the rebrand is to distance themselves from "USGFX". I thought we were sponsored by the overall parent company "USG", so how can the parent company distance itself from a subsidiary?

EDIT - It looks like we're sponsored by USGFX :confused: https://www.usgfx.co.uk/usg-press-release

It's all very tinpot. Hardly surprising they're running into issues.

All way above my head but could potentially mean a slight change in sponsors logo on the new shirts? The clipart globe aside, if done in monochrome it’s arguably an improvement on the Union Jack fuckery.

160CA4BB-26C1-44F0-90C0-061C049CFB88.png

Back
Top Bottom