Away Shirt (Don't like kits? Don't open)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I thought it was Ian St John?

No Ian St John (ex Liverpool) teamed up with Greavsie aka Saint & Greavsie.

The commentators that I recall (being at that time an IoW Blade) were

LWT (the best) Brian Moore
ATV Hugh Johns
Granada Gerald Sinstadt
Yorkshire Keith Macklin
Tyne Tees Ken Woolstenholme (I think)

Hugh Jones' catch phrase was after a team scored (say one of his) 1-0 Stoke, never it's 1-0 to Stoke City always 1-0 or 2-1 or whatever. They all had quite distinctive voices.

In them days (ooh aarrrh) Southern always got LWT coverage which was Brian Moore, the best in my opinion ever. Lovely guy. I always thought he favoured West Ham but in fact was a Gillingham fan (not that they'd be on the box mutch).

Hugh Johns always sounded permanently with a cold a very distinctive nasal twang. Sinstadt to be honest I didn't care for and thankfully we didn't see many of their games.

The format on 'The Big Match' was a main London game (always felt like West Ham tbh) followed by brief highlights of two others. Started watching it in the late 1960's. The Blades were often on as LWT seem to feature an ATV game and a YTV game or so it seemed. Happy days in black & white.

I wouldn't say they're similar at all. If it is white shorts and socks, what's the problem?

For example, when Bradford come to the lane this season, what kit do you think they'll wear? I'm putting my money on white.

View attachment 17993 v View attachment 17990

View attachment 17993 v View attachment 17991

View attachment 17993 v View attachment 17992

Crewe for example.

Which will they wear?

View attachment 17993 v View attachment 17994

View attachment 17993 v View attachment 17995

Crewe will be wearing white shorts so in fact a 'combo kit' and masquerading as Bristol Rovers :)

Considering Crewe were relegated... Probably neither unless we draw them in the cup!

Crewe will be wearing white shorts so in fact a 'combo kit' and masquerading as Bristol Rovers :)

You may have noticed that the Crewe kits I put up were last seasons too. It was more a case of proving a point.

27342676350_fb99362fa6_o_d.png

Reminds me of AC Milan's away kit from 20 years ago.........Can't think why?

ac-milan-cfs3447649423-300x300x1.jpg

No Ian St John (ex Liverpool) teamed up with Greavsie aka Saint & Greavsie.

The commentators that I recall (being at that time an IoW Blade) were

LWT (the best) Brian Moore
ATV Hugh Johns
Granada Gerald Sinstadt
Yorkshire Keith Macklin
Tyne Tees Ken Woolstenholme (I think)

Hugh Jones' catch phrase was after a team scored (say one of his) 1-0 Stoke, never it's 1-0 to Stoke City always 1-0 or 2-1 or whatever. They all had quite distinctive voices.

In them days (ooh aarrrh) Southern always got LWT coverage which was Brian Moore, the best in my opinion ever. Lovely guy. I always thought he favoured West Ham but in fact was a Gillingham fan (not that they'd be on the box mutch).

Hugh Johns always sounded permanently with a cold a very distinctive nasal twang. Sinstadt to be honest I didn't care for and thankfully we didn't see many of their games.

The format on 'The Big Match' was a main London game (always felt like West Ham tbh) followed by brief highlights of two others. Started watching it in the late 1960's. The Blades were often on as LWT seem to feature an ATV game and a YTV game or so it seemed. Happy days in black & white.
Quite liked Martin Tyler.

Tyne Tees was Roger Tames.

None though can beat Arthur Montford & Archie McPherson from over the border.

One my mates at University did a passable Hugh Johns impersonation.
Seem to remember him using "wow" a lot (more like "waw" in his accent).

Love that Italy kit. Substitute red shorts for the blue and change the front green stripe to red. Pity its made by Puma. This is really weird! I am becoming fascinated by Gentleman's sporting clothing. Next stop Louis Vuitton Man bags

In my own personal opinion, the 90-93 kits, home/away/3Rd are the best kits we've had. Just my opinion.

Fancied a green away kit for a few years. Germany esc

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160617-164752.png
    Screenshot_20160617-164752.png
    798.6 KB · Views: 12
Best player we had for years.

Make it black with a small red and white stripe and it would be better in my opinion
That could be the third kit.

A combo of kits made from ref white and black with each of the away versions having a nod to the stripes is my ideal.

As a side point - do adidas use this "iron on" technique with sponsors of all kits they manufacture? Or is this the lower league treatment?
The striped avec shirt had Wards woven into the fabric, it' clearly not impossible, so why isn't this standard practice? It looks far better and of course is one less thing to go wrong with the shirt in years to come.

That could be the third kit.

A combo of kits made from ref white and black with each of the away versions having a nod to the stripes is my ideal.

The whole point of an 'away' kit is to avoid a colour clash. Part of the rip-off third kit bollocks is to use colours already in the home kit. It's not bleeding difficult, pick any colours that aren't red, white, black or pig blue. Change kit sorted, no need for a third kit.

The whole point of an 'away' kit is to avoid a colour clash. Part of the rip-off third kit bollocks is to use colours already in the home kit. It's not bleeding difficult, pick any colours that aren't red, white, black or pig blue. Change kit sorted, no need for a third kit.
Exactly. They used to be called "change" kits, worn when the away team's kit clashes with the home team. But when, for example, Chelsea play away at Liverpool, there is no need for a change, yet some teams will wear their away kit, presumably solely to boost sales. Otherwise the kit may only be worn a few times when colours actually clash.

Exactly. They used to be called "change" kits, worn when the away team's kit clashes with the home team.

If I'm not mistaken it was Revie's L**ds who began the trend of wearing their change shirts in away matches. It was just after they'd signed a deal with Admiral and wanted to get the sales of both home and away replicas up.

No news on the actual away kit yet?

Fucking shambles

No ambition

Been left behind by our rivals who have released theirs

Back
Top Bottom