Norwood’s Shirt

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The likes of this idiot and a few others is the reason I rarely come on here anymore, and the state of the support for Utd, if its not Norwood its Osborn or Wes or Mc-pub/wanker/banned or Egan, Anel will be next, and its not constructive critisism its lack of respect and abuse to young men who are trying win a football match for the team you are supposed to fucking support. Where have we picked these tossers up from ?
Unfortunately empty vessels make the most noise and I wish they would fuckoff back to the hobby they used to have.
Completely agree. It is pathetic the amount of abuse handed out by grown men/women to players, staff, owners and each other. It’s a total embarrassment. There always a scapegoat or two. Players linked are called shit before they’ve even signed or without seeing them play. These players don’t lose on purpose you know. Maybe, just maybe we line up against better teams/players who don’t lie down and die just because they’re playing against your team. It’s almost a sense of entitlement. I support Sheffield United so I’m entitled to have the best players in my team and to beat all other teams. As I say PATHETIC. Go off and support some other team. One that wins all the time. There a few over the PENNINES that are easy to get to.

If you're going to do shit like that then do it in the tunnel, not in full view of fans who have forked out hard earned money doing proper jobs to watch him wander around pointing, chasing shadows and aimlessly booting the ball back to their centre halves every time he actually got a touch of the ball.

Just makes us look like a tinpot conference team who are happy for the day out. It's pathetic
To be fair to Norwood, he was trying to arrange a shirt swap in the tunnel all game, but it wasn’t until the referee blew the final whistle that he got near enough to ask 😉

People have always criticised players and always will do.

You’re probably best not coming onto a Sheffield United discussion forum if you don’t want to read opinions that might differ from your own and you can’t debate these opinions without going off in a huff.
It’s not criticism it’s complete foul mouthed abuse towards anyone who doesn’t concur with others opinions. Im ready for that abuse now. Not from you BTW.

It’s not criticism it’s complete foul mouthed abuse towards anyone who doesn’t concur with others opinions. Im ready for that abuse now. Not from you BTW.
That is unacceptable, if you can’t converse online without direct name calling then you need to reevaluate your life!

People calling players swear words is for shock value only.

What happens behind closed doors is something else! not in front of 50,000 fans and a large television ordience.
I think Wilder will think the same!! It was pathetic!!

Correct, a lot of players represent individual charities and quite often they will receive opposition shirts (often even signed)

However these things are almost always organized behind the scenes.

The only time players generally ask a player for a shirt on the pitch is for a personal momento.

Seems to be a lot of vitriol towards Norwood over nothing. Players collect opposition players shirts. Players all over the world have always done it. When Norwood retires he won’t have any medals to show for his career but he can point to sharing a pitch with the likes of Rodri and others. That is not meant in a derogatory sense either. We are all frustrated with the team at the moment but this should not even come into it.

Is that the 4x promotion winner Ollie Norwood we’re talking about?
Yes. I meant actual medals like FA Cups, League Cups etc. Like I said I my post - I wasn’t being derogatory.

I was 50/50, but it's time for Norwood to go. No important senior player should be so willing to exhibit small time defeatistism as he has 2 away games in a row. He'll still be a decent championship player next season but we need to move on, and he's begging for a fresh start. Maybe he can go back to Huddersfield

Seems to be a lot of vitriol towards Norwood over nothing. Players collect opposition players shirts. Players all over the world have always done it. When Norwood retires he won’t have any medals to show for his career but he can point to sharing a pitch with the likes of Rodri and others. That is not meant in a derogatory sense either. We are all frustrated with the team at the moment but this should not even come into it.
Hi Stegosaurus here,

Bit embarassing though isn't it, if your "Hall of Memories" consists of shirts of players 10 times better than you and who achieved 10 times as much as you.

"I achieved nothing in my career son, but look--I once got thrashed by Rodri!"

Yes. I meant actual medals like FA Cups, League Cups etc. Like I said I my post - I wasn’t being derogatory.

That’s 4 ‘actual’ medals in the cabinet to start with then isn’t it?

Looks like a 3 on shirt Grealish has, I think its RNDs shirt

Hi Stegosaurus here,

Bit embarassing though isn't it, if your "Hall of Memories" consists of shirts of players 10 times better than you and who achieved 10 times as much as you.

It is not though is it? How can it be embarrassing having being a professional footballer and one that was good enough to play in the top division? How many people can say that? There are many, many ex pros that have short collections of players they played against.

Hi Stegosaurus here,

Whereas your mate Barry Bannan can say "I achieved nothing in my career son, but look--I once got thrashed by Callum O'Hare, Jake Cooper and Karlan Grant".

It is not though is it? How can it be embarrassing having being a professional footballer and one that was good enough to play in the top division? How many people can say that? There are many, many ex pros that have short collections of players they played against.
Yep. I'm sure as shit any player wouldnt give a fck about fat Stego, sat on the North Stand at swillsboro, frothing at the mouth, pie all down his chin, cos his fave baldy midfielder has just asked Lee Peltier for his shirt 🤣🤣

Hi Stegosaurus here,

I’m guessing when he relaxes & looks at the lifelong financial security his career has given him & his family in his early 30s there might not be too much embarrassment. If I was him I would be focusing on things that are far more important than football & I wouldn’t give a fuck what some frankly weird fans might think about anything.

Yep. I'm sure as shit any player wouldnt give a fck about fat Stego, sat on the North Stand at swillsboro, frothing at the mouth, pie all down his chin, cos his fave baldy midfielder has just asked Lee Peltier for his shirt 🤣🤣
Hi,

I don't eat pie. I am a vegan.

Hi Stegosaurus here

It just seems a tinpot thing to do. If I was a professional player, I wouldn't be asking for anyone's shirt. They'd be asking for my shirt. Or at least, that is the mindset I would have. And I could have been professional if I wasn't shit.

Hi Stegosaurus here

It just seems a tinpot thing to do. If I was a professional player, I wouldn't be asking for anyone's shirt. They'd be asking for my shirt. Or at least, that is the mindset I would have. And I could have been professional if I wasn't shit.
Of course, the saddest thing is the state of the posters on here who have jumped to conclusions about what his motivation might be for asking for the shirt without actually having a clue. But if you have a look back through the thread there is no real surprise.

Hi,

I don't eat pie. I am a vegan.
Eating pies is not the exclusive preserve of the omnivore. Awkward fannies can eat pies too.

Eating pies is not the exclusive preserve of the omnivore. Awkward fannies can eat pies too.

Crap, unsatisfactory pies, but still pies nonetheless.

People have always criticised players and always will do.

You’re probably best not coming onto a Sheffield United discussion forum if you don’t want to read opinions that might differ from your own and you can’t debate these opinions without going off in a huff.
Thing is,they discuss nothing meaningful that stirs useful debate.
I imagine the largest majority of us come here to deepen critical thinking and expand a thread with fresh perspective.
What's the point otherwise ?
Hurling abuse isn't the same as discussion, in my world at least.👍

Back
Top Bottom