Away Shirt (Don't like kits? Don't open)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not a lot on today Hawkwind??
No :D Although it didn't exactly take much work, all I had to do was look at one picture!

sheffu.png

Just out of interest, how many more seasons does the Adidas deal last for? I've not been impressed with the home shirts, last season's away shirt was decent, but that's the only one I've liked. Particularly disappointed with this seasons kit to be honest. How long to wait for a shirt with stripes all over the shirt! I would say the Macron one of three years ago has been the best in recent seasons.

SUFC-Home-Kit.jpg

Just out of interest, how many more seasons does the Adidas deal last for? I've not been impressed with the home shirts, last season's away shirt was decent, but that's the only one I've liked. Particularly disappointed with this seasons kit to be honest. How long to wait for a shirt with stripes all over the shirt! I would say the Macron one of three years ago has been the best in recent seasons.

SUFC-Home-Kit.jpg
4 years I think. Haven't been impressed with them myself either. Last seasons home shirt was magnificent but the others haven't been great. Have to agree about that Macron one being the best of recent seasons.

1st adidas shirt was shit, last seasons was awesome, and the new one is excellent too.

Away shirts have all been template crap.

1st adidas shirt was shit, last seasons was awesome, and the new one is excellent too.

Away shirts have all been template crap.

You liked the pin stripped one?! As an away shirt yes, but a total own goal for a home kit. I agree the first home shirt by Adidas was crap but this season's is the best of the lot, but still average.

You liked the pin stripped one?! As an away shirt yes, but a total own goal for a home kit. I agree the first home shirt by Adidas was crap but this season's is the best of the lot, but still average.
Agree that it should have been the away shirt but regardless, it's the best shirt we've ever had.

Agree that it should have been the away shirt but regardless, it's the best shirt we've ever had.

Best shirt we've ever had?! What?! Mate do you mind I ask how old you are? And if its 30 plus then do you not think the classic Umbro 1992 one or the 1990 away shirt, the early seventies shirts, I could go on and on. The kit below is what a United home shirt and kit should look like.

sheffield-united-legend-in-person-signed-10x8-tony-currie-4670-p.jpg

Best shirt we've ever had?! What?! Mate do you mind I ask how old you are? And if its 30 plus then do you not think the classic Umbro 1992 one or the 1990 away shirt, the early seventies shirts, I could go on and on. The kit below is what a United home shirt and kit should look like.

I'm 31. Fave red & white shirt is the Avec one from, I think, 97. The Macron one posted above was excellent too, as was the lace up collar one.

I agree that our home shirt should be red & white stripes but I prefer last seasons pin stripe shirt to any red & white shirt we've had.

Only that pic of TC wasn't taken at BDTBL. Needs white socks to be the home kit.

I'm 31. Fave red & white shirt is the Avec one from, I think, 97. The Macron one posted above was excellent too, as was the lace up collar one.

I agree that our home shirt should be red & white stripes but I prefer last seasons pin stripe shirt to any red & white shirt we've had.

The only Home shirt that pips last seasons for me is the 1997 wards kit.

Got a replica of that from club shop... agree it's as smart as fuck. I want Umbro back as soon as the Adidas contract expires!

Nowadays we seem to get a new home kit every other season. When did that start?

Reason I ask is no matter the design at the end of the day the strip has to be red and white stripes last season aside, and there's only so much you can do with that at the end of the day.

Nowadays we seem to get a new home kit every other season. When did that start?

Reason I ask is no matter the design at the end of the day the strip has to be red and white stripes last season aside, and there's only so much you can do with that at the end of the day.
Last one we kept for 2 seasons was 02-04

sheffu.png

That shirt is great. As was the classic 89/90 away lime green. At that time we also had a third kit I'm sure that was White with black and red parts. They also did that play on words T shirt at the time with images of the three kits on and the wording "United Colours of Sheffield".
EDIT: actually it might have been that 91 to 93 white one I'm thinking of?

Saw the home kit "live" on the usual 50 year olds in Meadowhall. Sorry. Don't like it. Don't like the black shoulders which detract from the red and white stripes and don't like the tapered stripe on the back. If you can't do a home kit "a la Tony Currie" above then don't bother. Love the OP as an away kit. IMHO.

Could be, I thought maybe Stamford Bridge.

Think you are right . Goodison Park , Blades wore red socks . White wall , blue and white scarves in the background has to be Stamford Bridge .

Be great if we could find another TC for next season , and that's not being a Bladey Blade .

UTB

Back
Top Bottom