Away Shirt (Don't like kits? Don't open)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I would say the Macron one of three years ago has been the best in recent seasons.

SUFC-Home-Kit.jpg

I don't like it. Looks like a 3rd division shirt.

Best one we've had for years was this one..

o-CHED-EVANS-570.jpg

Think you are right . Goodison Park , Blades wore red socks . White wall , blue and white scarves in the background has to be Stamford Bridge .

Be great if we could find another TC for next season , and that's not being a Bladey Blade .

UTB

I'd settle for another Steve Foley :)

Haven't got a clue. Couldn't tell you which shirts are missing from that list.

Well obviously the early 70's but that was the red collar and cuffs, white shirts job.

Earlier, 1950's and beyond anyone know what are 'clash kit' was/were? (Clearly not 'I fought the law.. ' before Lydon quips in ;))

for my two penneth worth looking down the years of kits a bit.. i like this...

sheffu.jpg

i am an old traditionalist!! :D

no beards either!! :eek:

Nearly can name them all but a few unsure.

Back row Badger, Flynn (?), Currie, Addison, Salmons (?),
Middle row: Hemsley, Powell, Hodgkinson, Crawford, Colquhoun, Tudor
Front row: Barlow, Buckley, Woodward, Dearden, Reece, Barnwell (?)

Only that pic of TC wasn't taken at BDTBL. Needs white socks to be the home kit.

I prefer white socks too, to be fair mate, but in my time as a Blade we've spent as much time playing in black socks as we have in white. We also played in black socks right up to the 60's when we played in white socks for the first time. Statto over!

One thing you have to remember with kits, especially away ones;

Less is more.

Got a replica of that from club shop... agree it's as smart as fuck. I want Umbro back as soon as the Adidas contract expires!

Totally agree mate. Umbro by far the best kit makers in my time and before. I honestly can't believe there are any fans who think last season's home shirt is the best ever! Its not even stripes! To me that's like having a best bitter contest and Fosters winning it!

Totally agree mate. Umbro by far the best kit makers in my time and before. I honestly can't believe there are any fans who think last season's home shirt is the best ever! Its not even stripes! To me that's like having a best bitter contest and Fosters winning it!
Last seasons kit was an absolute disaster. Those that even go close to saying that it was the "best ever" are in a tiny minority.

I remember walking to my seat on the day we unveiled it on match day and thinking "why on earth are we playing in white?"

I thought it must have been a charity one off for the day or something.

Last seasons kit was an absolute disaster. Those that even go close to saying that it was the "best ever" are in a tiny minority.

I remember walking to my seat on the day we unveiled it on match day and thinking "why on earth are we playing in white?"

Is it a long walk from the kitchen to the lounge? ;)

It was a total own goal last season and hopefully never to be repeated, anniversary or not. Still don't get why they just don't make it the away kit and no one could have complained.

Loved the one with the purple & green sash :cool:
Reminds me of when I was wearing this Shirt whilst working down South (Hampshire) in early 90's.somebody shouted "Scotland are Shit" at me from a Speeding Car window! = Baffling!

One thing you have to remember with kits, especially away ones;

Less is more.
So what you're hinting at is that we should be playing in pants and vest like we'd forgotten our pe kits?
Less being more, and all that?

Does it also apply to attending matches? The less you go, the more you see? You'll be an expert by the end of next season then. ;)

I'm 31. Fave red & white shirt is the Avec one from, I think, 97. The Macron one posted above was excellent too, as was the lace up collar one.

I agree that our home shirt should be red & white stripes but I prefer last seasons pin stripe shirt to any red & white shirt we've had.
I don't mean to be rude but really???

Back
Top Bottom