Wilder Back - Poll

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yes or No ?

• Total voters

mattbianco1

Forum Royalty
Reaction score
Seems that if Wilder comes back, he will divide opinions somewhat.

So vote away. If Wilder is re-appointed, where do you sit?

A few months ago I would have said no but now I think he's the one most able to come in and make a difference straight away. A complete new guy would probably take longer to implement their ideas and squad.
The area I'm unsure about would be the contract duration. But I guess CW knows the Championship as well so 18 months sounds about right.

Results will dictate my feelings. I'll wait and see.

I'll accept it and hope that when we go down, we look organised, put up a fight and go down with some pride, something I'd want from any manager, Wilder or not. Something that Hecky didn't do and it ultimately cost him his job.

I can accept defeat and I can accept relegation. What I can't accept is those performances, the lack of tactics, playing the same players/formations week in, week out and hoping it will work this time. Making subs and changes far too later after the game is lost instead of being preemptive, and Ben ****ing Osborn being the supposed answer every match or Fleck being recalled.

Let us have some dignity when relegation is finally confirmed, oh and less injuries would be nice too which will hopefully happen if Nathan Winder follows Hecky out of the door. Coincidentally he was with Hecky at Hibs who moaned about the volume of injuries that they wracked up.

He’s really got to hit the ground running I think. He’s already dividing opinion and he’s likely to have the thinnest of rope with a lot of fans if he doesnt inject a rapid improvement in performances.

I’d just like us to be competitive which we were under Wilder even in the covid season. He needs to get us more defensively sound, which I do think is possible and he needs to get us further up the pitch.

I actually think he’s got better attacking players than he did last time. Hamer can carry the ball forward and Archer will finish if we create chances. We’re only 4 points off safety and if I think back to the Wilder of old, we have a chance of staying up.

We’re rapidly running out of time to keep in touch. Our last 2 results mean we are seriously likely to be cut adrift by Christmas. While Wilder might not be ideal, he’s probably not a bad choice to try and plug a few gaps and at least get us competing in games. If he can do that as a minimum he’s an improvement, he does seriously need the results to follow though, given how much he will divide opinion.

Dont want CW back, if he does come back will support him and the team of course

Its like going back to your ex bird - as time passes you forget the mentalist bit, how she humiliated you in public and finally pressed so many buttons you had to pay her to fuck off, and just remember the honeymoon period.

It will all end in tears, again.

If were feeling nostalgic, Warnock
If were feeling progressive Hassenhutl with the remit to shape a cohesive team to bounce up next year

Without a new owner, we are not going to get a better manager in than Chris Wilder. Nowt to lose from this position.

If it works out, great. Maybe he can still be our Alex Ferguson.

If it doesn't work out, at least we'll all finally be able to agree that he'd taken us as far as he could, and it'll put one of the more toxic long-running arguments on here to rest.

I just don't know who else we would attract in this moment in time.
The chance to manage a Prem club, a very decent salary (only ~20 managers in the country will be on more!), a relatively free hit considering the club's current league position and form etc. Worst case they will be managing one of the favourites to go back up next season with a top 3 budget. I suspect there'll be far more interest in the role than you think.

Who they go with will depend on the profile the club are after - I assume they won't want the style of play to change to become more direct but it will be interesting to see whether they go for an older, more experienced solution (whose ideas may be outdated) or look to the future with a younger option to essentially put in place a squad to have a good chance of getting back up next season.

Could tolerate until the end of the season while we look for someone that has zero prior connections to the club going forward

Maybe if its only a deal to end of season, then look to bring someone in fresh with fresh ideas

I am a believer in "Never go back". Think I will make this an exception this time.
With the way everyone (and I mean everyone, I'm not attacking our lot) now hugely overreacts one way or the other to bloody everything, I'd say there's a pretty high chance he's greeted back like the saviour, but that a few games in, after he mysteriously can't polish a turd, many decide they never wanted him back.

Personally, I'm up for it but in a 'never go back' situation, you'd overrule that if someone's left on a high so bring a natural lift by returning. When their going left a bitter taste, it's hard to know whether that brings as much of a lift isn't it?

Probably stay on South Stand as usual.

I was going to go Kop, if it's Wilder. If it's Dean Smith, I was thinking of the BL Upper Tier. Definitely the Family Stand if it's Nathan Jones. If it's someone that I haven't heard of, I'm undecided between South Stand (towards the back, but nearer the Kop) or the Pukka Pie Corner.

I'd rather go for a new man, a Hessenhuttl, or Still type, we're going down so accept it and give new manager this season and two transfer windows to get rid of the has beens, Fleck, Norwood, Basham etc and build his own team

I am a believer in "Never go back". Think I will make this an exception this time.
Agree but
got no option now
Can you imagine our club doing a car boot
They’d fill up with the stuff to get rid of- once it’s gone they’d buy back the stuff they got rid of last time

I don't actually want him back even though I feel like I'm constantly defending his honor and status as a legend with us.
But I will back him 1 billion percent.

Undecided, but I have no expectations other than be ready to hit the ground running in next seasons championship.

What I will do is back him, if he leads our team again.

If he’s appointed then it’s rather mute because at that point you have to want him to succeed. Anything else is just ego of wanting to be proven right to the detriment of the club.

Back
Top Bottom