Wilder Back - Poll

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yes or No ?

• Total voters

I was angry he walked away , but no one knows all the angles and choices that he faced

but he was great for us over 4 and a bit years

I can understand the disagreement for him coming back. I can understand the agreement too. Right now we are in a shit show. Hes the best option we can get that can get us fighting and get some pride back into this club. It can't be any worse than it is now.

Very balance reply.......explaining the reality of the situation.
Due to our finances and the fact that the club is up for sale.
We find ourselves in a position where we need to go for a cheapish short term option
and Wilder is by far the best available in this category.

Agree....we can't be any worse that we are now.
There's been theories that McBurnie was so pissed off on Saturday...that he deliberately wanted to be sent off
Also our team performances are so negligent that it even makes you wonder if Hecky has been trying to be sacked for a while.

To be fair he did at Boro, but then they started underperforming again.
Fair enough but when I see people going on about what a great motivator he is and how he turns struggling teams around, I do wonder if they have selective amnesia.

I’m not saying he hasn’t shown an ability to do that, I’m just saying his last three seasons as a manager definitely raise questions.

Would have preferred Wilder next summer to regroup and have a fresh start for a new season, but Hecky's position has become untenable due to the nature of recent performances.

My worry with Wilder is that it'll all end in tears before the summer if we don't see signs of improvement. He's not the most patient and quick to publicly call out the board and players. Hope I'm wrong because Chris is a legend for what he did during his last spell in charge and I don't what him to burn what goodwill he has left with the fanbase.

He was all seemingly ready to take over at Reading in the summer in league one which shows how far he's fallen. I love him for what he did here in his first 3 years, but we desperately need a reset and given all of the players that are out of contract in the summer it would've made more sense to me to find someone for the longer term now and give them 6 months figuring out who they'd want to keep; ideally with a fresh way of playing as Hecky and Wilder literally play the same way.

It also goes way beyond the manager though, the scouting/recruitment has been awful for years, questions need to be asked of the sports scientists with all of the injuries, and of course the non-existent board with an owner that is potless.

He's the English Brendan Rodgers.
But only in terms of being reappointed at the club he walked out on previously.

If Wilder does get the job lets hope it's a success, because otherwise we would have then wasted half a season just so someone can bring his stock back up to value, Pashun and thunping the badge etc, which he didn't care about when he walked away, if it isn't a success we're both knacked

Whoever we get I`m hoping its a quick announcement but I fear where other clubs tend to take 24hrs - week to announce we tend to take weeks or months.

PA: Chris the Manager's job is yours.
Wilder: No bloody chance, see ya
PA: 😫

Why would the club sack the bloke with the 2nd worst Premier League start and replace him with the bloke who had the worst ever Premier league start? Bonky madness.
If wasn't Sheffield United you would never believe it. Just when you think it can't get any worse it does. Odds on this will end in tears again. You can't tell me there is no one better out there looking for a job. His time at Boro and Watford were disasters just like his last season with us.

Why would the club sack the bloke with the 2nd worst Premier League start and replace him with the bloke who had the worst ever Premier league start? Bonky madness.
If wasn't Sheffield United you would never believe it. Just when you think it can't get any worse it does. Odds on this will end in tears again. you can't tell me there is no one better out there looking for a job. His time at Boro and Watford were disasters just like his last season with us.
This clubs fucking bonkers man..

With the way everyone (and I mean everyone, I'm not attacking our lot) now hugely overreacts one way or the other to bloody everything, I'd say there's a pretty high chance he's greeted back like the saviour, but that a few games in, after he mysteriously can't polish a turd, many decide they never wanted him back.

Personally, I'm up for it but in a 'never go back' situation, you'd overrule that if someone's left on a high so bring a natural lift by returning. When their going left a bitter taste, it's hard to know whether that brings as much of a lift isn't it?
I think you mean "everyone you know personally" so you can exclude me ta👍.
I remain ambivalent and think it a sideways move.
I'll predict 5 0 to the scousers on Weds instead of 9.🙄

You only have to think back to the Danny Wilson appointment.
The fanbase was split, with a few saying he would never be accepted.
I even remember many saying they'd never step foot in Bramall Lane again and crowds would be really low.

Hate to say it but history shows time and time again, most football fans are incredibly fickle.
Wilson turned out to be a likeable, very decent bloke and we played some very entertaining, attacking football under Wilson.
So he quickly became accepted and (say it quietly) well liked.

Regards Wilder, no doubt he'll be making his Churchillian speeches about "when we make Bramall Lane hostile we can win every game"
and "I can't guarantee results but I can guarantee performances, where every player gives their best and we try to win".

When performances quickly improve and we start picking up (or threatening to pick up) points, the whole mood will change.
Until he has no plan b again and the inevitable happens.
Such little ambition.🤔

Would have preferred Wilder next summer to regroup and have a fresh start for a new season, but Hecky's position has become untenable due to the nature of recent performances.

My worry with Wilder is that it'll all end in tears before the summer if we don't see signs of improvement. He's not the most patient and quick to publicly call out the board and players. Hope I'm wrong because Chris is a legend for what he did during his last spell in charge and I don't what him to burn what goodwill he has left with the fanbase.

I dont think it'll happen as I'm pretty sure those conversations will have been had, and the Prince will have laid down the law. But would it be a bad thing if he called out the board?

I'm not averse to Wilder coming back and whoever comes in is not going to make any difference to the fact we are going down.

What I don't understand is why he's coming back when he's coming back into almost the identical situation to when he left and furthermore was the reason he apparently wanted to go and offered his resignation several times. I assume that with £4m in his back farah makes it a little easier to live with?

Should be interesting if nothing else.

Jesus resurrecting Lazurus was more likely than anyone turning this season around. Wilder, Pep, David Blaine I really don't think it matters.😭

I think you mean "everyone you know personally" so you can exclude me ta👍.
I remain ambivalent and think it a sideways move.
I'll predict 5 0 to the scousers on Weds instead of 9.🙄
Nope, I mean on social media, forums etc. But yes, by all means mate, by your overreacting to my message, I exclude you from being someone who may tend to overreact 👍🏼

Back
Top Bottom