Wilder by the looks of it

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ok a few selected points to be answered:

Warnock would get the players fighting for it, yes we'll still go down but it won't be shameful like it is now.
Wilder wasn't and isn't up for a fight whilst Warnock relishes a crap team sticking it to the bigger clubs.
Let this be Warnock's swansong and it gives him the opportunity to become the hero he was with us before.
Nah.
Wilder is up for this fight while Warnock has forgot where Sheffield is.

got to be honest i would take anybody just now over hecky hes completely lost the plot and has certainly lost the dressing room imo burnley are nothing and will be going back to the championship with us but we made em look like man city yes weve a team of championship players who are not good enough at this level but theres no fight no pride in them just now

Only one with the skill set to turn this around for me, wilder will be sulking within two or three games and goading the Prince to sack him for another pay off
You mean like he did after his first 4 games in 2016? Think it went quite well after that.

Heckys done, it’s time for the change.

Did a good job last season, was pragmatic, and got us together again. But honestly wilder? I don’t see it as a long termer so why him? Hard to be certain in my 25 years but one of the most toxic I’ve ever seen this club at the end of his tenure. His aura seems to have gone based on his roles after us too.

What a 3/4 years he had with us but this appointment has to be the person to bring us back up in 18 months and I just don’t see that being wilder. I don’t want it to be a divider of the fan base. I just want someone long term! Can’t we as a club think long term and go for someone who will build us into a side that can go and stay up? I’ve no suggestions btw, but must be someone.

We can’t think long term whilst the Prince is still in charge. No clue what he is thinking right now? His £170 million valuation April is probably down to £50 million now…. If he’s lucky.

Also, you are not going to attract any decent upcoming managers at the moment either. Honestly, who would come here when they look at the mess we are in with no backing from an owner wants out.

So - like it or not, Wilder is the only realistic option.

Did a good job last season, was pragmatic, and got us together again. But honestly wilder? I don’t see it as a long termer so why him? Hard to be certain in my 25 years but one of the most toxic I’ve ever seen this club at the end of his tenure. His aura seems to have gone based on his roles after us too.

What a 3/4 years he had with us but this appointment has to be the person to bring us back up in 18 months and I just don’t see that being wilder. I don’t want it to be a divider of the fan base. I just want someone long term! Can’t we as a club think long term and go for someone who will build us into a side that can go and stay up? I’ve no suggestions btw, but must be someone.

Problem is no one with any ambition like that is going to come here with the current ownership.. I don’t really want Wilder back but he looks like the best of a bad bunch who might take this job on. If it’s not Wilder It would be someone else desperate for a job like Dean Smith who I definitely do not want.

We haven’t been thinking long term for a long time.
There is no plan.

Owner can’t run the club, can’t fund the club and has clearly decided he’s risked enough for football and wants it to end.

Hecky will go, of that there is no doubt because otherwise all the anger we have falls on them, 1- because of the shocking recruitment and 2 because they aren’t doing anything to rectify this shit show.
The problem we have is that no decent manager will touch us knowing all of the above.
Any manager with any kind of current pedigree or rising stock in the game will be well aware the managers job here is a hiding to nothing and a poison chalice.
Current owner wants out and won’t invest, and if a new owner does come in they will likely want to make changes!

So who WILL take it…we can’t afford compo…so someone out of work.
Wilders stock has plummeted, he will feel he can sort it and has the benefit of being a fan…so has a vested interest. So he will see us as the best he’s likely to get now and has skin think enough to face what happened before and carry on.

Honestly, even Warnocks going nowhere near this mess. Allardyce (couldn’t afford anyway) wouldn’t want it.
Who else is there really??

Short of looking at an untested up and coming and determined coach at a big club like the pigs have done, but a huge risk!

Wilder is up for this fight
I'd love to know your reasoning behind this and I'm going to exclude the 'he was good once' and 'look at his face he can't wait' arguments because if he was ever to come back to Bramall Lane I'd personally advise the prince or whoever the owner was that when Wilder's time is done he gets no pay off whatsoever, he's had more than enough money out of the club already

We haven’t been thinking long term for a long time.
There is no plan.

Owner can’t run the club, can’t fund the club and has clearly decided he’s risked enough for football and wants it to end.

Hecky will go, of that there is no doubt because otherwise all the anger we have falls on them, 1- because of the shocking recruitment and 2 because they aren’t doing anything to rectify this shit show.
The problem we have is that no decent manager will touch us knowing all of the above.
Any manager with any kind of current pedigree or rising stock in the game will be well aware the managers job here is a hiding to nothing and a poison chalice.
Current owner wants out and won’t invest, and if a new owner does come in they will likely want to make changes!

So who WILL take it…we can’t afford compo…so someone out of work.
Wilders stock has plummeted, he will feel he can sort it and has the benefit of being a fan…so has a vested interest. So he will see us as the best he’s likely to get now and has skin think enough to face what happened before and carry on.

Honestly, even Warnocks going nowhere near this mess. Allardyce (couldn’t afford anyway) wouldn’t want it.
Who else is there really??

Short of looking at an untested up and coming and determined coach at a big club like the pigs have done, but a huge risk!
He just doesn’t know how to run a club diligently

Can't understand anyone preferring Warnock over Wilder, unless it's based on personalities and bitterness.

It's simple we need the best option for the here and now.
Don't think we'd get any young up and coming manager now and even if we did the timing is all wrong
They would be scarred if we're struggling and next season they would instantly be under pressure with the club staring in a low.

Using logic United and Wilder are currently a match made in heaven.
United are desperate and need someone to sort out the players to not accept defeat before a match starts.
Wilder (and also Warnock) are bad losers, we could be playing away to Real Madrid and you can bet Wilder or Warnock would be genuinely designing tactics to win, where as I think Hecky is a realist and a good loser, but this has transferred over to the players.

We couldn't hope to get anyone with a track record as good as Wilder
but his career has come off the tracks and now Wilder is desperate too, we are his last chance to hit the big time
and it's his chance for redemption, what a motivation, no other manager would be more motivated to rebuild the team.

Sill think we have decent players, but they are not playing as a team and don't seem to know what to do.
Can pretty much gaurantee when we change manager we might not win but you will see much improved performances.
A good post, emotively written.

My main issue with it though, is that Wilder doesn't inspire and rally others when the going gets tough though. His last three jobs have shown that, consistently. He moans, he blames others, even chucks his players under the bus. He gets a mard on, and quickly. His head goes, and quickly.

He's not the mentality of manager we need right now. He's used to winning and competing at the right end of the table, most of his career is built on that.

seems to me from hearing his post match comments he seems to lay the blame at not being able to keep the group from last season and it seems he was completely undermined on transfer policy pre season
seems he was relying on the stronger characters to police the dressing room and wanted to keep them but was over ruled

he should have walked then and told bettis and co to manage the team

I'd love to know your reasoning behind this and I'm going to exclude the 'he was good once' and 'look at his face he can't wait' arguments because if he was ever to come back to Bramall Lane I'd personally advise the prince or whoever the owner was that when Wilder's time is done he gets no pay off whatsoever, he's had more than enough money out of the club already
Once?

Back
Top Bottom