Owner At Fault Not The Manager

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

originaltrueblade

Reaction score
Wilder/Pep/Klopp would not do a better Hecky got promotion with a stronger team than he has now.
The manager isn’t the problem, the problem is the owner he’s not interested in the club he can’t and won’t invest.
Let’s look at Wilder if he comes back what better job would he do and he only knows how to play one formation. He won’t be able to buy any players so this would continue.
The owner knows he himself is the problem but wants to change the manager to deflect the criticism from himself.
Wilder would fail, Pep would fail. Klopp would fail too because there’s no money with this owner.
The Prince should sell without keep changing and flip flopping his mind one minute he wants to sell then he wants to retain some holding.
Come on Prince stop money grabbing and clear off and don’t give me that drivel about wanting what’s best for United because you’re running us into the ground.
A New richer owner gives Hecky sensible money that’s the answer certainly not Wilder who’s failed ever since he left us.
Hecky picked up the pieces when Wilder went and got us promoted so let’s get behind him and the team

Slight devils advocate…think about the starting 11 under Wilder in first year in prem. under another manager that team could have been shit and near the bottom and people could have been making the same argument - that no other manager could do better. BTW I actually agree with you about sticking with Hecky and don’t think Wilder would be a good idea in anyway but the whole ‘no one else could do better’ is a bit impossible to say IMHO

Wilder/Pep/Klopp would not do a better Hecky got promotion with a stronger team than he has now.
The manager isn’t the problem, the problem is the owner he’s not interested in the club he can’t and won’t invest.
Let’s look at Wilder if he comes back what better job would he do and he only knows how to play one formation. He won’t be able to buy any players so this would continue.
The owner knows he himself is the problem but wants to change the manager to deflect the criticism from himself.
Wilder would fail, Pep would fail. Klopp would fail too because there’s no money with this owner.
The Prince should sell without keep changing and flip flopping his mind one minute he wants to sell then he wants to retain some holding.
Come on Prince stop money grabbing and clear off and don’t give me that drivel about wanting what’s best for United because you’re running us into the ground.
A New richer owner gives Hecky sensible money that’s the answer certainly not Wilder who’s failed ever since he left us.
Hecky picked up the pieces when Wilder went and got us promoted so let’s get behind him and the team
Who's queuing up to buy us then, where is this richer owner. If you know of anyone I'm sure the Prince would be delighted to meet them.

Why weren’t people this critical during McCabe’s reign ?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

UTB

So if Pep or Klopp make no difference and it’s all about the players, why do elite clubs spend millions on these managers then? You genuinely believe Jurgen Klopp would have half our squad out injured and lost 9 out 10?
He would have faired little different without the money. Hecky lost two players just before the start of the season and Klopp was outwardly worried sick he might lose Saha. If Saha had gone statics show Liverpool below halfway

He would have faired little different without the money
So, no manager would fare any better than Hecky? He’s doing everything optically, getting 100% out of every player, making perfect decisions? You’re basically saying Hecky is the best manager in the world, as nobody would be able to perform any better?

Slight devils advocate…think about the starting 11 under Wilder in first year in prem. under another manager that team could have been shit and near the bottom and people could have been making the same argument - that no other manager could do better. BTW I actually agree with you about sticking with Hecky and don’t think Wilder would be a good idea in anyway but the whole ‘no one else could do better’ is a bit impossible to say IMHO
I say it because it’s the premier league because you need one commodity to tick and that’s something we don’t have whoever is the manager and that’s money

So, no manager would fare any better than Hecky? He’s doing everything optically, getting 100% out of every player, making perfect decisions? You’re basically saying Hecky is the best manager in the world, as nobody would be able to perform any better?
Look at Wilders second season in the premier league with all the similar sort of injuries he didn’t manage to motivate at all he preferred to criticise everyone but himself and eventually his departure.

Second part I don’t think any manager would be able to sort it because in the prem you need loads of money to get established

The OP is making reference to the owner of the club being to blame for our predicament and yet nearly all the replies are referring to Hecky.

The Prince's comments about Wilder in that interview are to blame for these anti-Hecky threads.

Give the guy a chance and focus on criticising the Prince who has shown no leadership skills whatsoever in the past few months.

Even that lot in S6 have had the balls to openly question their owner.

I say it because it’s the premier league because you need one commodity to tick and that’s something we don’t have whoever is the manager and that’s money
But which commodity did we have under Wilder first season? That squad wasn’t any better than now?

But which commodity did we have under Wilder first season? That squad wasn’t any better than now?
We had surprise and tactics unknown we caught out a lot of teams. Those same tactics got sussed and Wilder couldn’t change look at the second season being sussed and injuries If he came back with the tactics as before it would be disastrous.
How did he fair when he left us?

The OP is making reference to the owner of the club being to blame for our predicament and yet nearly all the replies are referring to Hecky.

The Prince's comments about Wilder in that interview are to blame for these anti-Hecky threads.

Give the guy a chance and focus on criticising the Prince who has shown no leadership skills whatsoever in the past few months.

The OP put the word “manager” in the title

Look at Wilders second season in the premier league with all the similar sort of injuries he didn’t manage to motivate at all he preferred to criticise everyone but himself and eventually his departure.

Second part I don’t think any manager would be able to sort it because in the prem you need loads of money to get established
What’s that got to do with it? You said Pep or Klopp wouldn’t do any better than Hecky. I’m just stress-testing that theory and concluding that it’s highly likely to be untrue.

The ‘anti-Hecky’ threads that I see have nothing to do with the owner and everything to do with his injury management, lack of a cohesive style of play, in-game tactics and baffling substitutions. We’re miles behind in terms of squad quality, but so were the teams under Warnock and Wilder. So were 99% of the teams that have been promoted in the last 30 years. The gap is as wide as ever I agree, but we’re not even competing. Our fitness levels are woeful.

Who's queuing up to buy us then, where is this richer owner. If you know of anyone I'm sure the Prince would be delighted to meet them.
Prince was going to sell then said he wants to retain an interest now that last comment would put off most
What’s that got to do with it? You said Pep or Klopp wouldn’t do any better than Hecky. I’m just stress-testing that theory and concluding that it’s highly likely to be untrue.
Without money no manager would do the job in the Prem. The owner is the problem we have

Last edited:
You have to believe that if we get most of our best players fit with a few more gems unearthed from god knows where we will be in the mix if and in the event we go down . Assuming Leicester Southampton and Weeds go up and us Luton and Burnley go back down the league is there for us again . Heckys stats in the championship were very decent . We need to find the new Illy and the best time to sell would be now or the brink of promotion

Don't get why everyone is so polarized on this. In my opinion PH has been dealt a shit hand by our owner but has played it terribly. Both need to go.

Hecky played himself with injuries as they are beyond just a bit of bad luck. PA can only invest so much but if you have a manager spending in the wrong areas or not keeping the team fit then that's on the manager not the owner.

Like I said in the injury thread essentially we have 5 left backs at the club out of a 25 man squad. Who's fault is that, the owner or the manager?

What If nobody is to blame?

You mean - given all our circumstances, we just aren’t good enough and no one specifically screwed up?

Nah let’s burn some fucker.
People take decisions in highly competitive sport. Mistakes have been made but it’s incredibly fine margins

When you enter the billionaires world with a skint millionaire you do what you can… could we do better? Yes, could we be worse, yes…

But yeah let’s hang the lot

Check out the SU Way fellas on Twitter. They're already going all in on the Pro-Wilder/anti-Hecky narrative.

I wonder who's put them upto that?

I want to know when the owner is going to come over and fave the music.

He happily comes over when we get to an FA Cup Semi Final and win promotion, to laud all the credit?

But nowhere to be seen when the going gets tough.

Back
Top Bottom