Wilder by the looks of it

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Contract to the end of the season..We're clearly going down, but he'd put some pride back and we wouldn't be shipping 8 to 2 of the other worst teams in the league.

Would also give us time to scout around for a decent long term manager next season.
Totally agree, he would be a stop gap so we don't rush into the wrong appointment

You reckon there are loads of championship standard players available on free transfers who can replace our current lot? You’re not mates with Chansiri are you?? He also thought that. Look where them lot are currently in the table!
No and no...but there,ll be plenty like jebbison who can renegotiate wi new clubs in January

I'm available. I'll do it for £50k per year, which is an instant pay rise for me. I haven't got a clue what I'm doing which puts me on par with Hecky, but I'll be taking less wages than him and I'm not scared of yelling at the players or dropping them. We won't stay up and we will definitely get beaten every match but it won't be worse than things are now and at least my post match interviews will be honest and show that I give a crap. Hell, I'll even come forward and tell the fans what is really going on behind the scenes.
If you get off on yelling at people, maybe just pop down to your local pub & do it?

I honestly would. No point in making a long term appointment, as anyone is taking this lot down with a shocking record. Offer Hecky a role with the youths, Warnock in to light a fire.

Spend the next 6 months working out a long term strategy.

Do all fan bases get a semi on for nostalgic short termism or just ours?

Why not do a bit of a forward thinking and make a move with 2/3 seasons in mind, admit this season is all but gone but whoever is here already knows how they want next season to go. Or we could just give it Colin till end of the season. FFS Warnock 2023 premier league.

Contract to the end of the season..We're clearly going down, but he'd put some pride back and we wouldn't be shipping 8 to 2 of the other worst teams in the league.

Would also give us time to scout around for a decent long term manager next season.
100% yes yes yes ... just has to get to 12 points to beat Derby's points ... JUST until July 1st - then I am free to take over.

Only one with the skill set to turn this around for me, wilder will be sulking within two or three games and goading the Prince to sack him for another pay off
Warnock wouldn't even bother to learn the players names.
The man has retired 4 times.
I get people have it in their heads Wilder was just after a pay off (which all managers are when they fall out with the board and get sacked) but Chris has something to prove and a fire in his belly.
Neil is on a tractor in Cornwall already.

So who do you recommend?
Not once on this board have I recommended a replacement for Hecky (as I don’t know the market that well) but the thought of regressing so much that we have to go on hands and knees to Warnock to still relegate us is unthinkable. I would rather someone unknown from abroad who has a completely clean slate and can redress the total lack of any game plan we have had this season would be a start. Even if it was to prepare for the next couple of seasons in the Championship. There must be someone fresh out there prepared to give it a go.

Back
Top Bottom