Wilder by the looks of it

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Warnock wouldn't even bother to learn the players names.
The man has retired 4 times.
I get people have it in their heads Wilder was just after a pay off (which all managers are when they fall out with the board and get sacked) but Chris has something to prove and a fire in his belly.
Neil is on a tractor in Cornwall already.
He has a track record of bringing in quality players for peanuts paddy kenny, Michael brown etc etc .... wilder committed the club to spent over £50m (fifty million english pounds) on the transfer fees and wages of brewster and mcwanker

Are you that one bloke who doesnt know? its been talked about at length. Our owner gave a full and frank interview to talk sport on it.
Go and have a chat to Simon Jordan to get his views.
So you've heard the owners side, and Simon Jordan's...who has absolutely no idea about the situation whatsoever?
That's what you're basing it on? The owner? The man that bought us for a quid and is holding out for £170,000,000?

Not once on this board have I recommended a replacement for Hecky (as I don’t know the market that well) but the thought of regressing so much that we have to go on hands and knees to Warnock to still relegate us is unthinkable. I would rather someone unknown from abroad who has a completely clean slate and can redress the total lack of any game plan we have had this season would be a start. Even if it was to prepare for the next couple of seasons in the Championship. There must be someone fresh out there prepared to give it a go.
Unknown from abroad will never work. We need someone who understands the club and the fans. Wilder & warnock were blades

To old ... why should an old man have to suffer this lot?!

Think I’d let the tea lady have a go at picking the team at this point. He must go but I’ve got a horrible feeling it won’t happen as it will cost money. If we’re honest we set up to go down taking the prem money and running before the season stared. The plan is coming to fruition.

Agreed with the keep it respectful towards Hecky though. Did a good job last season but it’s time we shake hands and part ways.
Pre-match team talk has been leaked.

PH: Right lads, lose this week and I'm a goner. They can't sack you lot so you'll be fine. I'd walk, but, you know. I invested in that property when we were down in the Algarve so I can't afford to just walk away.

Anel: but that's what you said last week gaffer.

PH: I know, I know. I even called the prince up and called him a prick, but it's water off a duck's back to him.

McB (thought bubbles): fuck's sake. He's gone and picked me again. I'll do 30 minutes and give some Burnley a cludge and get a shower before they all come in for half time.

15.37 McB: a yellow, ref! I've smashed him in the face with my elbow, ref. It wasn't a mistake, you know!

Warnock would give us an instant lift, we’d be tougher to beat but he’s hardly any experience of PL football, so it’s a big risk.

Wilder would be better, we’d be tougher to beat but also have more attacks and try to win.

Think Wilder might want more than 6 months so no choice but to trust the club but they need to make a change. It’s cruel to watch this car crash of a team and the person driving the vehicle is Hecky, so let’s get a new driver.

Show me a reasoned argument as to why Wilder would be a good appointment, go on, I'll wait.

In the meantime, let be regale you with reasons of why it wouldn't be the best idea.
  1. He left because we were uncompetitive. We're now far less competitive.
  2. He left because we weren't spending enough. We're now spending even less.
  3. He's completely the wrong side of Barney 's managerial bell curve.
  4. His last two jobs have been a total write off.
  5. He showed tactical inflexibility at Boro, trying to impose his devout 3-5-2 status on a squad that couldn't play it.
  6. He inherited a Watford squad that should've been in with a shout, and failed to make them competitive.
  7. His creativity had gone at the end of his time here, triangles of doom anyone?
  8. Do we honestly think he has the hunger or longevity to build another era, here. That's we need now, long-term overhaul, stability and investment.
Oh, and I should add, I bloody loved Wilder and those magnificent years. I also admire and have significant gratitude to Hecky.

Unknown from abroad will never work. We need someone who understands the club and the fans. Wilder & warnock were blades
Which is fine if that’s what people want. But it does mean that we will never become established as a PL club.

Warnock would give us an instant lift, we’d be tougher to beat but he’s hardly any experience of PL football, so it’s a big risk.

Wilder would be better, we’d be tougher to beat but also have more attacks and try to win.

Think Wilder might want more than 6 months so no choice but to trust the club but they need to make a change. It’s cruel to watch this car crash of a team and the person driving the vehicle is Hecky, so let’s get a new driver.
If Warnock got the job he would suffer his 2nd career relegation, after his first with us 😣

Absolutely fire in the belly is everything in premier league football, forget tactics, skill , athleticism, pace, ability means nowt against best players in world , "lerrim know that theeer"
You mean like now

Can't understand anyone preferring Warnock over Wilder, unless it's based on personalities and bitterness.

It's simple we need the best option for the here and now.
Don't think we'd get any young up and coming manager now and even if we did the timing is all wrong
They would be scarred if we're struggling and next season they would instantly be under pressure with the club staring in a low.

Using logic United and Wilder are currently a match made in heaven.
United are desperate and need someone to sort out the players to not accept defeat before a match starts.
Wilder (and also Warnock) are bad losers, we could be playing away to Real Madrid and you can bet Wilder or Warnock would be genuinely designing tactics to win, where as I think Hecky is a realist and a good loser, but this has transferred over to the players.

We couldn't hope to get anyone with a track record as good as Wilder
but his career has come off the tracks and now Wilder is desperate too, we are his last chance to hit the big time
and it's his chance for redemption, what a motivation, no other manager would be more motivated to rebuild the team.

Sill think we have decent players, but they are not playing as a team and don't seem to know what to do.
Can pretty much gaurantee when we change manager we might not win but you will see much improved performances.

If Warnock got the job he would suffer his 2nd career relegation, after his first with us 😣

Agree we'd definitely be relegated under Warnock and probably with Wilder too.
However with Wilder we've seen he can perform miracles turning average players into a wining team, even at PL level.
Also in the relegation season we were still decent but couldn't score, so seemed to lose 0-1 every week.
Only remember the Leicester away match when we were terrible and that was his last match.

I don't mind us being relegated but we have to re-instate some pride in the shirt.
At this moment we need a motivator and leader, someone who can do a WInson Churchill type battle cry to encourage the crowd to make the Lane hostile again. Wilder is a great speaker who can galvanise the fanbase because he'll go for it.

Wilders first speech will be, we might get relegated but we go down fighting giving 100% and that's good enough for me.

Warnock wouldn't give us an instant lift at all, if we appointment him all it would do is give the rest of the Premiership a laugh. Do you really want too go back to him blaming everybody else except himself when we loose, didn't he once blame the coach driver for a defeat.

Why would Wilder makes us tougher too beat ? I don't remember Middlesbrough or Watford being difficult to beat.

Both would also massively divide the fans base.

Heckingbottom has too go I agree,
but can we stop with this obsession with ex players and managers I bet no other club in the world is this obsessed with appointing ex players and managers as their manager.

If it’s a choice between Wilder or Warnock then it’s Wilder.

Ideally neither of them though
I'd be OK with Wilder and Knilly until the end of the season. We might get some organisation and fight.

I like the Monty shout to be honest.
I just can't believe people would pick Warnock over Wilder.
Maybe in the future but not now. Needs to truly show good results at Hibs over a couple of seasons.

I quite like what Carlos Corberan does tactically; gets a good team shape and good players.

However, we`re in limbo until the Prince sells, and expect him to take as much out of the club as he can rather than put money in.

All in all it isn`t looking good whatever angle you view it from. Something needs to disrupt the status quo, and right now non-attendance and/or Prince out banners might be the only option.

Hecky resigning may give the Prince no choice but act in some way, but Hecky would probably wait for a pay off a sacking would yield.

Roll on Liverpool.

Look. (Hecky link there)

Nobody, and I mean nobody is getting any more from this set of players.

We might not get beat so heavily every week, but best we will be.

Wilder did well there’s no doubt about it, but it’s more about developing a team and style ready for next season, and showing some signs of progress this season in readiness. When he worked the miracle he picked up players at L1 level and we got stronger and stronger.
That will not happen this season….but could happen next season.

However, my preference is to bin the lot, and look to establish a club able to play a style of play that will be compatible with top flight football. Possession based, playing out from the back and calm in possession.
Youth players won’t be up to it, so needs a lot of recruitment, with the most realistic target being survival next season and then progress back towards play offs in 25/26

Look. (Hecky link there)

Nobody, and I mean nobody is getting any more from this set of players.

We might not get beat so heavily every week, but best we will be.

Wilder did well there’s no doubt about it, but it’s more about developing a team and style ready for next season, and showing some signs of progress this season in readiness. When he worked the miracle he picked up players at L1 level and we got stronger and stronger.
That will not happen this season….but could happen next season.

However, my preference is to bin the lot, and look to establish a club able to play a style of play that will be compatible with top flight football. Possession based, playing out from the back and calm in possession.
Youth players won’t be up to it, so needs a lot of recruitment, with the most realistic target being survival next season and then progress back towards play offs in 25/26
What playoffs did you have in mind, League One?😆

He has a track record of bringing in quality players for peanuts paddy kenny, Michael brown etc etc .... wilder committed the club to spent over £50m (fifty million english pounds) on the transfer fees and wages of brewster and mcwanker
And brought in Fleck. O'Connell, Norwood. Stevens, McGoldrick, Baldock, and Egan, so I think he's still in credit.

What playoffs did you have in mind, League One?😆
I’ve mentioned before we are at real risk of dropping twice as things stand. It’s urgent action needed 6 weeks ago realistically to avert that, because with so many out of contract added to the rank ineptitude of many of those recruited by that shambles in the club we will need a LOT of new players for next season….and in recent performance in the market I have zero faith they can pull that work off.

Our best hope is that we can get someone in who’s going to take the responsibility for recruitment on and either do it themself or bring in their own.

so I’m hoping we can stay up next season, it will be a major success if someone manages it as we are now

Ok a few selected points to be answered:
Why any of them. Loved them during their time at the Lane but surely we need a totally fresh start now.

I just can't believe people would pick Warnock over Wilder.

Warnock would give us an instant lift

Can't understand anyone preferring Warnock over Wilder
Warnock would get the players fighting for it, yes we'll still go down but it won't be shameful like it is now.
Wilder wasn't and isn't up for a fight whilst Warnock relishes a crap team sticking it to the bigger clubs.
Let this be Warnock's swansong and it gives him the opportunity to become the hero he was with us before.

At this moment we need a motivator and leader, someone who can do a WInson Churchill type battle cry to encourage the crowd to make the Lane hostile again. Wilder is a great speaker who can galvanise the fanbase because he'll go for it.

Wilders first speech will be, we might get relegated but we go down fighting giving 100% and that's good enough for me.
Wilder's battle cries just before he left were "we can't expect to compete with <insert club here>" in every pre-match interview. His first speech would be "it's not my fault, there's nothing wrong with the system". He was completely gutless and threw players under the bus rather than giving them any kind of encouragement, which is why reappointing him would be madness, it wouldn't galvanise the fanbase, it'd divide it. It already has to the point people would rather have Warnock as a last resort it was a straight choice between them.

Back
Top Bottom