Owner At Fault Not The Manager

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

PH is a top bloke and deserves the plaudits he got.

PH has had a mare this season and, as difficult as this job is he hasn’t maximized what he does have available

Nuance innit

Well said.

Makes me laugh how some become emotionally attacked to supporting Hecky or emotionally attached to hating Wilder or supporting Wilder.
Hecky has loads of valid excuses and accept that he is working with 1 arm behind his back, so the realistic expectation is we’ll lose most matches and be relegated.

The issue for me is that it’s as though Hecky has already accepted relegation and this has transferred his white flag attitude over to the players, so the season is already over. Apart from Man Utd 1st half we‘re not even competing (performance wise) and incredibly look like we might win another 2 or 3 matches this season.

Results suggest we are competing due to just losing by 1 goal but that’s mainly because our tactic has been to keep almost every player back in defence to keep the score down. Don’t think that is acceptable, even though we‘ll probably relegated we should still have pride and fight for every point.

Regards Wilder of course it’s a risk, accept that Wilder might be crap…..but what choice do we have?
It would be total negligence by the Prince to sit back just watching the ship sinking…..he’s hoping for an unlikely miracle to keep this team up.
The Prince is probably thinking he’s seen how Wilder performed a miracle by taking players no better than what we currently have from the bottom of league 1 to at one stage 6th in table challenging for a Champions league place. I don’t think Wilder can save us but we need to try something.

Wilder/Pep/Klopp would not do a better Hecky got promotion with a stronger team than he has now.
The manager isn’t the problem, the problem is the owner he’s not interested in the club he can’t and won’t invest.
Let’s look at Wilder if he comes back what better job would he do and he only knows how to play one formation. He won’t be able to buy any players so this would continue.
The owner knows he himself is the problem but wants to change the manager to deflect the criticism from himself.
Wilder would fail, Pep would fail. Klopp would fail too because there’s no money with this owner.
The Prince should sell without keep changing and flip flopping his mind one minute he wants to sell then he wants to retain some holding.
Come on Prince stop money grabbing and clear off and don’t give me that drivel about wanting what’s best for United because you’re running us into the ground.
A New richer owner gives Hecky sensible money that’s the answer certainly not Wilder who’s failed ever since he left us.
Hecky picked up the pieces when Wilder went and got us promoted so let’s get behind him and the team

By that logic if you put hecky in charge of Man City or Liverpool they would win the league

Don’t think so originaltrueblade

Don't get why everyone is so polarized on this. In my opinion PH has been dealt a shit hand by our owner but has played it terribly. Both need to go.

The polarising regards discussion subjects has become worryingly fashionable.
It becomes difficult to discuss certain subjects because people are so quick to be full of hate if you disagree with them.

Hence I generally stay away from Brexit, covid lockdown/ vaccine, Ched Evans, Donald Trump type discussions because some people become emotionally attached to their viewpoint and refuse to even consider any counter argument highlighting nuance. I’ve seen blind, cult like comments where people actually say Hecky did an amazing job last season and he needs to be kept in post until his contract ends even if we lose every match, makes me wonder if these people are Sheff Weds fans. No manager, players or fans should ever give up because there’s no hope, you should always fight and do your best, regardless of injuries etc.

As Carlton Blade said there should be more nuance awareness in discussions. I’m not in the Hecky in or Wilder in gang…I like them both for different reasons
but liking someone shouldn’t really come into it. Just want the best for Sheff United. Also I’m able to consider and welcome all viewpoints. Don’t even mind being proven wrong and will sometimes admit I might be wrong or just agree to disagree. It’s no big deal really, it’s only opinions.

Last edited:
We needed a LWB desperately.
Hecky decided to go for a over seas loan, he had the world to choose from and went with Larouci.
Whe he realised he'd fucked up he had to use a domestic loan (a loan spot we were expecting a superstar to fill) and choose Thomas.

Hecky hasn't been faultless.

We had surprise and tactics unknown we caught out a lot of teams. Those same tactics got sussed and Wilder couldn’t change look at the second season being sussed and injuries If he came back with the tactics as before it would be disastrous.
How did he fair when he left us?
Correct and the main issue is not the current manager it is the Prince and anger is growing against him and he is trying to deflect this away from himself onto the manager. The main reason we have 1 point is down to the owner. This is the owner who stated the season before last he was not interested in United. He raised his head when we went to Wembley he raised his head when he felt sure we were getting back to the money. We got promoted on a shoestring and it was down to the manager. As for Chris Wilder he left us in a mess and Hecky had to pick up the pieces. IMHO if Wilder comes back nothing will change because there is no money. Its the bloody owner that needs to sell without making it difficult for prospective buyers by saying he wants to retain some interest. Sooner he's gone the better. NOTHING WILL CHANGE UNTIL THIS OWNER HAS GONE!!

We needed a LWB desperately.
Hecky decided to go for a over seas loan, he had the world to choose from and went with Larouci.
Whe he realised he'd fucked up he had to use a domestic loan (a loan spot we were expecting a superstar to fill) and choose Thomas.

Hecky hasn't been faultless.
unfortunately he could only go for what we could afford

May be not but it would be a lot easier if like man city or liverpool he could go out and spend the odd 200 million dont you think instead of the odd 5 million .
Yes agreed but this owner could never do it.Ownership needs to change

Well said.

Makes me laugh how some become emotionally attacked to supporting Hecky or emotionally attached to hating Wilder or supporting Wilder.
Hecky has loads of valid excuses and accept that he is working with 1 arm behind his back, so the realistic expectation is we’ll lose most matches and be relegated.

The issue for me is that it’s as though Hecky has already accepted relegation and this has transferred his white flag attitude over to the players, so the season is already over. Apart from Man Utd 1st half we‘re not even competing (performance wise) and incredibly look like we might win another 2 or 3 matches this season.

Results suggest we are competing due to just losing by 1 goal but that’s mainly because our tactic has been to keep almost every player back in defence to keep the score down. Don’t think that is acceptable, even though we‘ll probably relegated we should still have pride and fight for every point.

Regards Wilder of course it’s a risk, accept that Wilder might be crap…..but what choice do we have?
It would be total negligence by the Prince to sit back just watching the ship sinking…..he’s hoping for an unlikely miracle to keep this team up.
The Prince is probably thinking he’s seen how Wilder performed a miracle by taking players no better than what we currently have from the bottom of league 1 to at one stage 6th in table challenging for a Champions league place. I don’t think Wilder can save us but we need to try something.
The prince should look at our second season in the premier too before going down the same road....main issue though is the ownership ....no money to establish us in the premier

So if Pep or Klopp make no difference and it’s all about the players, why do elite clubs spend millions on these managers then? You genuinely believe Jurgen Klopp would have half our squad out injured and lost 9 out 10?
Manager like Pep and Clop would not go to a club unless there was the promise of hundreds of millions to spend

I want to know when the owner is going to come over and fave the music.

He happily comes over when we get to an FA Cup Semi Final and win promotion, to laud all the credit?

But nowhere to be seen when the going gets tough.
He stated he wasn't interested in United too....Until we got to Wembley you are right

Honestly I don't really blame either Hecky or the Prince. Yea there's always things that can be done differently, but it's not Hecky's fault he had no budget, and it's not the Prince's fault he doesn't have Premier League level money in his back pocket.

The Prince's plan was to fund us to the Prem and he's done that. Now the club is up for sale but nobody wants to buy. There's a long list of reasons why nobody wants to buy, and even if the Prince lowered his price (as he might be forced to as we look to be a Championship team in waiting), you just don't make money from football, so it's not like a normal business investment which severely limits the number of people who would buy. People talk about Brighton as a model to follow, but their billionaire owner bankrolled them the first few seasons up, just like all the other billionaire owners who have managed to keep a team in the Prem.

I don't know what's going on with the injuries and the team seems to have lost confidence, maybe this is on Hecky and another manager with a different training regime and more motivation could make an improvement, but we'd still be massively playing against the odds. It's not just the money for players but the rule changes - 5 subs and extra injury time make it almost impossible for us to compete. I think Hecky has done an excellent job getting us to where we are today (and the Prince has contributed to this as well), but I'm just starting to get disillusioned with the Prem as it's effectively a shut shop unless you can afford the buy in.

Back
Top Bottom