Vokes has gone back to Wolves!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Vokes has gone to Norwich...

Complete and utter bobbins, Hendo best pull his socks up and not get another suspension. Its typical of our 'luck' - we get the lad, get him fit, he scores a goal, looked quality again saturday and then he ends up at a promotion chasing team.

lets keep the 433 and whack riise on with ched and boggy.

I must admit having looked at these rules I can see why clubs fall foul of them !

Clubs should have professional people who understand the rules, "it's not rocket science" as some other poster might say.

I deal in complex contracts and "rules" all the time and it's part of my job to understand them and make sure there are no foul ups. This goes on across all industries so why not football?

Clubs should have professional people who understand the rules, "it's not rocket science" as some other poster might say.

I deal in complex contracts and "rules" all the time and it's part of my job to understand them and make sure there are no foul ups. This goes on across all industries so why not football?

Agreed. The alleged near miss with six loanees at the weekend is a worry. Just do your jobs please!

Vokes confirmed to Norwich on loan until the end of the season - its on the Norwich OS

Words fail me

Mick Mc to Sam Vokes before last Sat.....Utd would like to extend your loan how do you feel about that.
Sam.....Ok is there anything else appertaining.
Mick...Might be I'll know for sure over the weekend
Sam...Cheers.

Sunday/Monday

Mick to Sam....Norwich want to take you on loan to a similar one you were on at Utd. Are you interested?
Sam...Yes
Mick....Better come back to us whilst we finalise the details.
Sam...Ok

Weds/Thurs

Mick....Deal completed you're off to Carrow Road to play for automatic Promotion contenders.

I think this is the more likely scenarion than MA having the rug pulled from under him by the evil board.

I think this is the more likely scenarion than MA having the rug pulled from under him by the evil board.

And yet all the actual facts and quotes indicate that Adams has had the rug pulled.

On Wednesday, Vokes was quoted on Skysports.com as saying "I'd love to stay there for the rest of the season and help them avoid relegation. I haven't spoken to anyone at Wolves about it yet because I'm away with Wales, but it is something I would like to sort out when I get back."

On our official site, it says that we sent him back because Henderson was fit again. Radio Sheffield reported that was the reason and a mysterious source told the Sheffield Star that "we've had a change of heart because we've got plenty of other strikers".

Still if people choose to believe fairy stories about us being forced into permanent transfers or Wolves whisking him away despite our best efforts, so be it.

So the rules that you posted a link to no longer apply Sothall?

We don't have to worry about the quota?

Mick Mc to Sam Vokes before last Sat.....Utd would like to extend your loan how do you feel about that.
Sam.....Ok is there anything else appertaining.
Mick...Might be I'll know for sure over the weekend
Sam...Cheers.

Sunday/Monday

Mick to Sam....Norwich want to take you on loan to a similar one you were on at Utd. Are you interested?
Sam...Yes
Mick....Better come back to us whilst we finalise the details.
Sam...Ok

Weds/Thurs

Mick....Deal completed you're off to Carrow Road to play for automatic Promotion contenders.

I think its a bit of both Ghandi, Norwich will have been alerted that his loan was coming to an end, they jumped in, we spluttered about money. We lose out. No biggie, just would be nice to keep lads like this

So the rules that you posted a link to no longer apply Sothall? We don't have to worry about the quota?

As I understand it, the section of the rules you're talking about (51.1.3 and 51.1.5) relates to standard loans only.
We're talking about extending an emergency loan (51.2.1), so no I don't think extending Vokes loan would break any "maximum quota of 8 for the season" rules.
As I've said before, we could only pick 5 out of our 6 loan players (50.3.1) on match day but we're far more likely to stay up by choosing Vokes rather than Bent.

I'm happy to be proved wrong if you can point to the section of the rules that says we would have to sign Vokes permanently.
If that is the case, why don't the club just say so!

I'm in a bit of an anti McCabe mood, so I'll blame him for his long pockets and short arms.

Back
Top Bottom