Vokes has gone back to Wolves!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Were we even able to extend his loan spell if we wanted to? I probably would have if there was an option to.

I would have kept him if it were possible.

He played well v Leeds and looked a little sharper than previous turn outs.

Doesn't matter what peoples views of Hendo are, whether positive or negative. He could be another George Best, but if aint playing cos he's injured or banned, he aint any good to anyone!

Like I say, I would like to have kept Vokes until the end of the season.

I'm sure I read somewhere, Adams said it had all been agreed and just needed paperwork signing for him to stay.....

And in other news... I thought Collins had been dropped....

Adams, who could be tempted to draft in fresh reinforcements before Thursday’s deadline for loan signings if Neill Collins’ injury turns out to be more serious than first feared, said: “We are always looking. We’ve had a few knock-backs but that’s what you come to expect. Not everyone wants to get involved in a situation like this but that’s life and we get on with it.

“We kept Neill’s injury quiet.”

Thats a triple blow!

I'm sure I read somewhere, Adams said it had all been agreed and just needed paperwork signing for him to stay.....

I tried to find it, thought it was on the Star website, here you go....

SHEFFIELD United are poised to extend Sam Vokes’ loan until the end of the season.

Officials at Bramall Lane reached agreement with Wolves - the young striker’s parent club - before Saturday’s derby against Leeds.

Vokes had been scheduled to return to Molineaux following the 2-0 victory over Simon Grayson’s side but Micky Adams, United’s manager, confirmed the Wales international has now received permission to prolong his stay.

“Hopefully Sam is going to stay for the rest of the campaign,” Adams told The Star. “We’ve spoken with Wolves and as far as I’m aware they’ve okayed everything.

“All that remains now is for the paperwork to be done and signed-off. ”

I thought everyone knew Collins was injured?

Adams says he kept it quiet in the run up to the game, presumably to prevent Leeds making plans for our lightweight/young centre back pairing. Worked a treat.

Hasn't Henderson got a four-match ban? If so we can't play him until the middle of April.

Ah well - there's always Marcus Bent.....

Adams says he kept it quiet in the run up to the game, presumably to prevent Leeds making plans for our lightweight/young centre back pairing. Worked a treat.

The issue would come if Adams now panics and reverts to Collins at centre back, thinking Lowton will get bullied by teams targetting him. The number of yellow cards he's collected would indicate he isn't afraid to mix it; Adams should stick with him and Lowry.

While he's not as mobile, Henderson could lead the line in a 4-3-3 like Vokes did against Leeds, so long as he's under strict instructions to not dive into tackles. I'd also get whoever is captain to politely ask the reason behind any freekick given against him if it looks like a 50:50 call.

I thought everyone knew Collins was injured?

I hadn't seen anything about it prematch, I literally walked in the ground and saw the team, so presumed Collins had been dropped for being shit.

I thought apart from the first few nervy minutes where he looked a little suspect in the air, Lowton was excellent. Him and Lowton looked a decent pairing and were communicating well. It made a massive difference that they could both pass the ball out AND find a red and white shirt, plus the midfield 3 looked quite comfortable in front of them.

I gave Micky a lot of credit for not being afraid to drop his biggest signing... Like Grecian and Balham both said, I hope Micky sticks with the back four who gave him only his 2nd clean sheet, the other being against Cov where Collins also didn't play.

<< Originally Posted by Robbie

SHEFFIELD United are poised to extend Sam Vokes’ loan until the end of the season.
Officials at Bramall Lane reached agreement with Wolves - the young striker’s parent club - before Saturday’s derby against Leeds.

Vokes had been scheduled to return to Molineaux following the 2-0 victory over Simon Grayson’s side but Micky Adams, United’s manager, confirmed the Wales international has now received permission to prolong his stay.
“Hopefully Sam is going to stay for the rest of the campaign,” Adams told The Star. “We’ve spoken with Wolves and as far as I’m aware they’ve okayed everything.
“All that remains now is for the paperwork to be done and signed-off.” >>

Very confusing!? Does the official site mean he's gone back for now but we might try and re-sign him just before the next match, thereby saving a weeks wages?
Or does it mean that the board have said to Adams, "You don't need Vokes now that Henderson's back, we're not paying the wages of both".
Either way, it's incredible penny-pinching when we've finally started winning matches with Vokes up front. Why aren't we keeping him!

Very confusing!? Does the official site mean he's gone back for now but we might try and re-sign him just before the next match, thereby saving a weeks wages?
Or does it mean that the board have said to Adams, "You don't need Vokes now that Henderson's back, we're not paying the wages of both".
Either way, it's incredible penny-pinching when we've finally started winning matches with Vokes up front. Why aren't we keeping him!

It could be incredibly costly. Does anyone think that Henderson will be able to play more than a third of the games between now and the end of the season... His record with injuries and suspensions is shocking, made even worse by the fact that he is no where near match fit and will make challenges that he'd probably only make when he's not 100% fit... so theres no way that we'll see him for the last 8 games of the season.

<< Originally Posted by Robbie

“All that remains now is for the paperwork to be done and signed-off.” >>

If that's the case, we need to hurry up. Doesn't the loan window close at the end of this week? If so, he aint coming back imo.

To put our faith in Hendo's return, for me is just being short sighted (or skint)

:eek: Just read a rumour that Vokes is set to join Norwich on loan for the rest of the season

What is going on?

The powers at be telling lies to the fans again it seems.

As BB usually says its same old United.

:eek: Just read a rumour that Vokes is set to join Norwich on loan for the rest of the season

What is going on?

Better offer and the chance to play with a team going upwards rather than scrapping at the bottom

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

The powers at be telling lies to the fans again it seems.

As BB usually says its same old United.

What was the lie exactly?

All sorts of possible reasons for this:
- Wolves think he might be of use in their run-in (no doubt he'll have been watched)
- We think Hendo, now fit, is adequate enough so we're saving on the cash
- Vokes himself has had another offer that he'd prefer to go on loan to, perhaps one in a better position to ultimately buy him.

This is annoying, as it means yet again that we have to change a winning team, but this is far from disastrous. If the reason is a financial one on our part though, it would certainly be worrying if we thought his wages till May would be too much of a drain.

First rule of United: If they can fuck something up, they will.
Vokes was excellent and a key element of each of the two games we've actually managed to win in living memory.
My guess is McCabe got all itchy about having a fit Hendo on £13,000 a week and insisted he played instead of a loanee.
A perfect little cameo of his short-sighted car crash of a chairmanship over the last two years.
Nowt against Hendo as I rate him but he's played no football for a year and Vokes was making a real impact.
The terminal denseness of the decision-making defies belief.

Henderson is on 20k a week he's available ,its a no brainer The club can't / won't pay a loan players wages and Hendersons

The no-brainer bit kinda falls a bit short if Vokes gives you a chance, even an outside chance, of saving you £5m.

Hendo on 20k a week...

The phrase 'no brainer' doesn't just apply to him it seems. :(

Back
Top Bottom