Where has our fans passion gone?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If I'm reading you right Chimpan-A , you're saying we should wait to see how the team are playing, or maybe the first goal, before we sing Greasy Chip Butty !!!
No, the GCB is the equivalent of applauding the comedian onto the stage, and giving them the chance to be good! It’s just good manners!

I'm 100% guilty of wanting there to be atmosphere but doing nothing about it. I think that covers most of us
I agree with that. Sitting in the South Stand it's actually difficult to join in with Greasy Chip Butty when hardly anyone else seems to and the bloke next door is talking at me. It's easier to join in with a few chants at away games when you're surrounded by people who are making some noise - until the game has become a lost cause that is. Gary Sinclair's pre-match volume could do to be turned down a notch or two as well.

When we had the defiant 'Sheffield United' chant towards the end of the Arsenal game I was hoping it might spread round the ground but not surprisingly it didn't. Even when we're winning there's not much vocal support except from the kop and occasionally from the Westfield Corner. Mobile phones, being seated and general disillusionment with the way the club is run must all be factors in the atmosphere

I agree with that. Sitting in the South Stand it's actually difficult to join in with Greasy Chip Butty when hardly anyone else seems to and the bloke next door is talking at me. It's easier to join in with a few chants at away games when you're surrounded by people who are making some noise - until the game has become a lost cause that is. Gary Sinclair's pre-match volume could do to be turned down a notch or two as well.

When we had the defiant 'Sheffield United' chant towards the end of the Arsenal game I was hoping it might spread round the ground but not surprisingly it didn't. Even when we're winning there's not much vocal support except from the kop and occasionally from the Westfield Corner. Mobile phones, being seated and general disillusionment with the way the club is run must all be factors in the atmosphere
You are the atmosphere. Its not difficult to join in if you really want to. It would actually be more enjoyable if everyone did, who want to, as it takes your mind off the football.

Brentford know how to bring the atmosphere back...

1000034480.jpg

If I'm reading you right Chimpan-A , you're saying we should wait to see how the team are playing, or maybe the first goal, before we sing Greasy Chip Butty !!!
I know this is probably sacrilegious. But I would ditch the GCB altogether. For me It’s a slow meandering dirge of a song…Hardly an inspiring tune to take us into battle…Is it?

Back
Top Bottom