Roy's View From... View From Brentford

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Roygbiv

Reaction score

Thanks Roy, not too salty and even most of them admitted it was a clear red card. VAR are certainly not on our side after the Liverpool game as well. Hey ho, we like adversity. Bring 'em all on now, we have our Blades fighting spirit back. I loved the guys chest bumping each other towards the end of the game.

This notion we shithoused it and made it battling is nonsense and lazy reporting.

We played better football and looked more fluent with the ball and created lots if chances with moving up the pitch. Brentford in contrast ended up relying on long throws and set plays and still crested next to nothing.

The weather argument is pathetic too as despite the wind/rain they went longer than us - certainly 2nd half.

Cheers Roy, a pleasure to read this morning!!

Another one I can read! Cheers Roygbiv ❤️

Cheers Panchero!

“Only fans that should be moaning at VAR are the Sheff U fans for not sending off Onyeka “

I think we can all agree on that, how on earth he didn't see red for that is incredible. No attempt to play the ball and a clear stamp on the ankle.

“today was always going to be an awkward game with the circumstances of the reinvigoration of the opponent having a new manager and coming off a decent game against Liverpool. the state of the playing conditions and against a Championship-style team where not much football was played on the ground”

What game did this knob watch, playing conditions are the same for both teams their fans nice and cosy in BLLT probably don't know a howling gale was blowing rain half way up the kop. From what I saw the first half was fairly even the only team hoofing it in the air were Brentford, that tactic tried by Wolves and most teams we have played might have got some joy against a Hecky team but Wilder has changed things and we look much better defensively. That Maupay is a nasty little cunt who needs chinning too.

Some of them back down to earth with a bump. They’re the worst side we’ve played so far. Couldn’t put passes together first half.

Saw one of their fans in pub after and he said we’ve caught them on a week with a lot of injuries… yeah I know the feeling mate, we’ve a smaller squad with no depth, filling bench with dev squad debuts and a horrendous injury list… but we’ve caught them at a bad time 😂

I think it’s the second time we’ve also caught a side on a bad day this season, along with Wolves.

Hopefully we catch a few more in a bad spell

A 'freak' goal, a 'fluked goal' wow! Not much you can say to such insightful comments like those.
When I first saw it I thought it was meant to be a cross but after watching it, plenty of times, if he's attempting a cross he got it wildly wrong and should get some training on where to direct a footy.

Considering his performance yesterday I'm struggling to see how that wasn't anything other than a shot. Just inside the area, loads in the box, keeper available for the chip. Why not have a go.

Was in BLUT and it never looked like anything other than a shot. Fluke my arse what a bellend

It was a game short of quality more akin with two mid table Championship sides. We lacked pace & invention and were poor in our ball use & retention. We unfortunately played their game not ours
Oh I love it. Only lost because they replicated our crap rather than their own sophisticated, finely honed style. I take it they were only attempting long throws into the box because we were doing it. They'd never normally debase themselves like that. It was just sheer chance that they knew they had someone who could take long throws.

A real mixed bag there.
“Lucky to get nil”
“A worldy” or “A fluke goal”
“Never a red” or “Should have been off”
And how they can say we didn’t create much in the 2nd half… 3-0 wouldn’t have flattered us.
I do quite like their manager though.

"For anyone not there, Sheffield United weren’t the up and at them, ultra physical side that you’d associate with Wilder teams. They don’t have the personnel for it."

Some mistake here, surely?

What did banana and his pal think? BTW Maupay is absolute dross. Brentford deserve him

Thanks Roy! As I feel like I have risen from the crypt this morning after yesterday's post match festivities, I can focus just enough to enjoy this immensely. Mind you, every tap of my finger on the screen sounds like some fucking maniac banging away at sheet metal with a mallet.

1000029482.jpg

Oh I love it. Only lost because they replicated our crap rather than their own sophisticated, finely honed style. I take it they were only attempting long throws into the box because we were doing it. They'd never normally debase themselves like that. It was just sheer chance that they knew they had someone who could take long throws.
Or Maupay purposely getting in Wes's way when he was trying to send the ball only to have the audacity to complain when one actually hit him.

Back
Top Bottom