Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Brentford

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Roygbiv

Reaction score

Cheers Roy. With the exception of a couple of them, fairly level comments.
Apart from the one that thinks it's "very important personal".
Whatever that means.

Maupay and Lewis-Potter aren't the league's finest... But they both start in our team.

Obviously they're a good team, but it's a good time to play them. We need the win... COYB.

How the Hell did he manage too find the Hen and Chickens......
I think I smell Pork on that one.

Physical myth strikes again - this is probably the least physical side we’ve had for a long while.

Robbo and Souza apart, not sure we have a real physical presence. Anel and Baldock can mix it but as a side, since wilders first spell, we’ve not been an overly physical side.

In the championship I think we had some more physical presence, but here and with the injuries, we’re a much smaller side than most and we have a few players that have energy, when it suits them.

Heckys tactics and set up meant that we were much less of a pressing side, we’d sit back and allow teams to have possession. On weds we allowed possession, but we pressed higher and looked to break faster with less caution than we saw under hecky.

So to suggest we’re a physical beast of a team is wrong, Wilder adopts a slightly more positive approach in possession, we are still small and we don’t have an enforcer outside Souza and Robbo.

If anything we’ve been out muscled this season and we’ve not set up to play to our strengths, at least not regularly enough. We’ve played with fear and looked disorganised

I’d say that Brentford can expect a higher pressing side, looking to break fast through McAtee, archer, brooks and Bogle. We’ll use long throws where possible and we’ll have very little from the bench to change the game. If Osula plays he may give some physicality but not on a level of McBurnie and certainly not what you’d expect from most Premier League sides.

Getting in behind them and running at them will be the key.

Don't think they need to worry too much about conceding early.

Hope they sort the recovery position dilemma out in case I keel over.

Do they have enough fans to muster up a crew ? 🤣

Do Brentford still have pubs on corners of their new ground? If not would’ve been nice - loved that about Griffin Park when we last went down.

Kudos to their fan who's been in the Hen & Chicken. I've never been in and never intend to.
Talking about dodgy pubs, I got a ticket for a neutral fan for the Bournemouth game. Met him in John Street Kitchen before the game and he'd just been in the Cricketers for a pint. He said 'I was standing at the urinal and thought to myself, I know what would improve this pub.......a firebomb'.
Made me laugh anyway.😂😂

Thanks Roy.

I really think we have a sniff of a good result from the game.

“bbc ? Brentford Buffet Crew that’s the proper original bbc too. The Sheff lot came years after”

They have a crew to serve their buffet, prawn sandwiches ?

Cheers Roy.

Back
Top Bottom