Roy's View From... View From Brentford

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Plenty. They were a set of entitled gibby cunts well before they got their new ground.
Years back someone showed me some topic on some god awful messageboard. Can't find it now but basically hipsters were discussing which premier league team you should "pick" to support. Back then Watford was the team of choice because it was in London which was a must but wasn't "obvious" like Arsenal or spurs and didn't have the negative reputation of Chelsea. Watford was basically sufficiently obscure to be the trendy choice. One guy even earnestly explained how it was easy to feel like you'd supported them all your life even if you'd only been doing it a year or so.

If that forum still exists, I imagine it would be Brentford now.

JOC was very much a unit who could put someone on their arse and along with JLT they are probably the only real physical players we have had under Wilder. JLT doesn't look that physical either he just is or has to be to compete.

I wouldn't even say McBurnie is that sort of player either rather than he has had to become more physical due to the rest of the squad not being so.

JLT has only ever played for Wilder a handful of times anyway, so doesn't even count.

I've been pleased to see what Brentford have achieved in recent years with their approach.

One of the most non-descript fanbases going though.

Thanks Roy! As I feel like I have risen from the crypt this morning after yesterday's post match festivities, I can focus just enough to enjoy this immensely. Mind you, every tap of my finger on the screen sounds like some fucking maniac banging away at sheet metal with a mallet.

View attachment 175965
Those Jon Jo Shelvey rumors just won’t go away will they.

Yeah. They've achieved remarkable things since promotion. Yep they've come up and not just made up the numbers or aimed for the lofty heights of staying up. But listening to them, they talk they're the long term prem fixture, having to lower themselves to play championship scum and that it's been decades since they were down there.

I'd be intrigued to see them in a proper relegation scrap. Something tells me the fans would lose it
It's just the younger / newer fans I think. Spending most of the last 50 years rattling around the 3rd and 4th tiers has given the guys who were there in the 70s/80s/90s more of a sense of perspective.

Last few years aside, they're basically the same size club as Donny and most of them that I've met will cheerfully admit it.

Posted this on another thread, but does anyone know why the Brentford fans call Onyeka, 'FTT'?

As I sit at Shreham end of South Stand I wasnt sure McAtees goal wasn't an attempted cross ! But clearly seeing it on TV it was sublime skill of shot. I bet there injury list is not as long as ours. Would fancy getting something at their tiny place.

Back
Top Bottom