Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Villa

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Even the Aston fans are calling us Sheffield! 🤷‍♂️
Honestly, why does that wind anybody up? It‘s a compliment that when people say Sheffield they automatically think United, the other lot are so far off anybody’s radar, they are totally irrelevant.

None of the overseas market will even have heard of them. Well apart from the gazillions who watched the greatest game in history when they beat Peterborough obviously 😉

Honestly, why does that wind anybody up? It‘s a compliment that when people say Sheffield they automatically think United, the other lot are so far off anybody’s radar, they are totally irrelevant.

None of the overseas market will even have heard of them. Well apart from the gazillions who watched the greatest game in history when they beat Peterborough obviously 😉

It winds me up because of Sheffield FC rather than anything to do with us.

It winds me up because of Sheffield FC rather than anything to do with us.
I doubt they’re that bothered. British football fans know who they are and a quick google will point out the difference between us and them to the rest of the world.

The Wire reference is a bit of weird one. I'm imagining the guy that wrote that has some kind of odd Wire themed forum persona or something and uses wire references for all descriptions. "Our defense looked like Bubbles on a comedown today" kind of thing.

Anyway, don't expect us to get a thing and would be satisfied with a respectable non-smashing loss. Would love to end their streak however and read a post match view from filled with accusations us of being anti-football thugs and whining how they've not played that badly all season.

In fact ideally I'd like to see them going berserk about goal line technology failing them and us getting undeserved points that by seasons end prove crucial in our survival. A nice bit of mirroring.

Didn't take these long to become entitled arseholes, just like pig fans after a few good results. Come on Blades we owe these shithouses one. I'd piss mysen laughing if we come away with 3pts tomorra.

We've had some good ding-dongs with villa over recent years.

There's loads of memorable matches against them. Both good and bad.

I'm not surprised they're worried.

Didn't take these long to become entitled arseholes, just like pig fans after a few good results. Come on Blades we owe these shithouses one. I'd piss mysen laughing if we come away with 3pts tomorra.
For some reason I have always felt that Villa have a lot in common with Wednesday. Might be just the Ron Atkinson connection, and that period in the 90s when Villa kept signing Wednesday players.

We've had some good ding-dongs with villa over recent years.

There's loads of memorable matches against them. Both good and bad.

I'm not surprised they're worried.
Yes, went there when we were 3-0 up and at least half of their fans had walked out....

The Wire reference is a bit of weird one. I'm imagining the guy that wrote that has some kind of odd Wire themed forum persona or something and uses wire references for all descriptions. "Our defense looked like Bubbles on a comedown today" kind of thing.

Anyway, don't expect us to get a thing and would be satisfied with a respectable non-smashing loss. Would love to end their streak however and read a post match view from filled with accusations us of being anti-football thugs and whining how they've not played that badly all season.

In fact ideally I'd like to see them going berserk about goal line technology failing them and us getting undeserved points that by seasons end prove crucial in our survival. A nice bit of mirroring.
Would love to be able to post this some day soon:

1703192049030.png

Yes, went there when we were 3-0 up and at least half of their fans had walked out....
The win 4-0 at home in our promotion season. McGinn's late winner at the lane in our first season back. Clayton Donaldson terrorising the guy with the beard (jed Spencer?)

Ryan Flyn...

Don't mention goal line technology, or the capitulation the week before the fateful warnock Wigan game.

Come on!

Villa the form team, especially at home. Good ream with a quality manager.

Best we can hope for is an inspired performance. Not expecting miracles. Roy on blades pod has burst my optimism bubble with his justified reality and pragmatism!

“One of the biggest fattest W’s in Premier League history. Christmas cancelled for one half of Sheffield. “
I’m just surprised they think we’d win by such a large margin

But they’re right, regardless of whether wednesday win or not, it’d ruin their piggy xmas seeing us trouncing one of the leagues top clubs

Cheers Roy, sterling work as always!
Praying for something from this, if only to stop their dominant home form, and move us off the bottom all being well obviously!!

COYRAWW!

For some reason I have always felt that Villa have a lot in common with Wednesday. Might be just the Ron Atkinson connection, and that period in the 90s when Villa kept signing Wednesday players.
Totally agree, we've have more in common with Birmingham City, the 'working class clubs' of their cities.

The other 2 think they are the big clubs in their cities. The difference is in Villas case that's justified in terms of both support and trophies whereas the pigs are just totally deluded.

Back
Top Bottom