The club that keeps giving

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The thing we always forget with KM is how the Ground has been developed unfer his tenure. BDTBL is now one of the best with plans to make even better. Just look at how Hillsborough has deteriorated through lack of infrastructure spending..

Neither has the Prince
In my mind, McCabe has someone lined up to step in if he can get the control back. As his plan was to walk away from United, the negotiations would be about price, not control or ownership.

And by walk away, I mean sell and recoup millions!

The thing we always forget with KM is how the Ground has been developed unfer his tenure. BDTBL is now one of the best with plans to make even better. Just look at how Hillsborough has deteriorated through lack of infrastructure spending..

Damn right. Compare with what the delusionals thought they were getting just last year:

image.jpeg.bb71dac0852bee7d78b181019ba83da3.jpeg

And they got tarpaulin instead. :D

Damn right. Compare with what the delusionals thought they were getting just last year:

image.jpeg.bb71dac0852bee7d78b181019ba83da3.jpeg

And they got tarpaulin instead. :D

Yes they complain about ffp but it wouldn’t have stopped them spending on the stadium, he just got pissed of with their constant moaning

Yes, Kev has officially presided over the 'worst period in our history' and that is a right fact cos' I read it on here, innit.

We would have been much better off with the Dolphin Killer, Peter Sutcliffe or Pol Pot.

What a strange post. Are you OK?

I can't believe anyone who was there has ever felt worse than full time against Walsall. Other relegations have been hard to take but that one......

Sadly I had some childhood ailment that day, so my Dad had to suffer without me!

KM was fine until he fell out with Warnock, the recession hit when he’d just got a little deep into United, we got relegated and he compounded the situation by making a heart over head appointment. Since then, it’s been a spiral of decline until CW showed up.

As I’ve said before, when he took over, owners weren’t expected to put in £10m a season, now it seems they are. Whilst there’s a lot of things that are ‘his fault’, it’s not his fault he can no longer afford it. He’s tried his hardest to find the right buyer and not leave us with a Chancer, but even that seems to have backfired on him. It’s a shame he’ll be remembered more for his later years than the early ones, when he did achieve quite a lot for us.

KM was fine until he fell out with Warnock, the recession hit when he’d just got a little deep into United, we got relegated and he compounded the situation by making a heart over head appointment. Since then, it’s been a spiral of decline until CW showed up.

As I’ve said before, when he took over, owners weren’t expected to put in £10m a season, now it seems they are. Whilst there’s a lot of things that are ‘his fault’, it’s not his fault he can no longer afford it. He’s tried his hardest to find the right buyer and not leave us with a Chancer, but even that seems to have backfired on him. It’s a shame he’ll be remembered more for his later years than the early ones, when he did achieve quite a lot for us.

We made it to the Premier League and we were a constant "play off" team for a few seasons, under his watch. Things did go wrong, but I don't think it was for the want of trying, in my opinion.

via Imgflip Meme Generator

We made it to the Premier League and we were a constant "play off" team for a few seasons, under his watch. Things did go wrong, but I don't think it was for the want of trying, in my opinion.
Quite the opposite, IMO, he started trying too hard and tried to change too much too quickly. Just at the wrong time.

The worst period in our history was 1975 - 82. No alternatives even come close.

Agreed , it was fucking horrible being a Blade back then . If it could go wrong it did, with fucking bells on . Football in general was in what appeared to be terminal decline back then and the fact that we suffered more than any other team i can think of tells its own story .

I can't believe anyone who was there has ever felt worse than full time against Walsall. Other relegations have been hard to take but that one......

I was there that day and that was without a shadow of doubt the worst day ive ever had in my Blades supporting life .

What a strange post. Are you OK?

It's what we Kevettes do.

It's a bit like snow blindness, but without the snow. Our tongues are so far up his arse that we can no longer see sense or use the powers of reason.

Thanks for your concern though.

Theres also the fact that hes more than doubled our average attendances .

I could of course mention the Academy but thats just a way for Kev to line his pockets, isnt it ? It does of course provide the first team with first class training facilities aswell but we'd clearly better off having a kick abart up at Ball Inn o_O

Bryan Robson.:(

It's a bit like snow blindness, but without the snow. Our tongues are so far up his arse that we can no longer see sense or use the powers of reason.

You probably ought to go and see a receptionist......

He hasn’t spent 6 million has he u dumplin

No but those who pay attention will see that 6 million has been made available for the JTW.

Obviously not enough, no ambition and should go though.

If you ignore Sunderland, Charlton the pigs and others you will see there are queues of mega rich wanting a club like ours. All prepared to loose 10/15 million per annum in the off chance.

Do you think they will keep ticket prices stable ?

They will wish for their own high profile manager so CW/AK will go and all the average players we have will be substituted for premier league quality.

Just think Leicester, no not Fulham that 100 million in the summer was just a temporary blip.
They can bounce back from the Championship next season Just like QPR Sunderland Stoke Swansea

What could possibly go wrong.

I started a debate about the parallels between some of the goofs Chansiri has made and those of McCabes. There have been some reasoned responses, some of which I accept to a degree, apart from those of your fan boy whose trolls are expected but don't contribute to the debate one iota as usual. However your comparison of Chansiri with a couple of psychopathic mass-murderers doesn't exactly add to the discussion. Take a lie down mate.

Indeed - quite depressing at times.

An awful period for me after starting in 67, seeing the promotion and top division stuff under Harris and then that slump to beat all Blades slumps.

UTB

Values club at £100m. :eek:

Sounds about right to me, in fact a bit of a bargain. When you take into account that Andrea Radrizzani paid £45 million for Leeds United.

What are Leeds in comparison to the Owls? Club history, level of support, quality of stadium, all come out in favour of the S6 Massive.
We live in their shadow, as do virtually every club in the country apart from two or three that are almost their equals. All we can do is watch as they continue to live the dream and a further chapter in their glorious history unfolds.

Have you seen the price of popcorn! :(

Sounds about right to me, in fact a bit of a bargain. When you take into account that Andrea Radrizzani paid £45 million for Leeds United.

What are Leeds in comparison to the Owls? Club history, level of support, quality of stadium, all come out in favour of the S6 Massive.
We live in their shadow, as do virtually every club in the country apart from two or three that are almost their equals. All we can do is watch as they continue to live the dream and a further chapter in their glorious history unfolds.

Have you seen the price of popcorn! :(

He also paid another £20m to buy the ground back.

I would make one small but significant amendment to what you say, by changing it to 1975-81. Others have commented on how awful the relegation match v Walsall was, and it is hard to explain the emotions of that day. But the great thing about football is that it can change, and the despair of relegation can rapidly turn into something special. The 81-82 season was in Division 4, which is shameful for a club like ours. But some of the football was excellent, and most of the season brought us enjoyment, with the likes of Morris and Edwards producing great football and great goals. And it produced wonderful days like Darlington (a strange sentence to write, but true). The 81-82 and 2016-17 seasons stand out for the sheer number of points won playing good football. We had to suffer years of dross to get there, but it is worth remembering that relegation need not be the end of the world. I imagine Sunderland supporters are happier now than they have been for many years.

He also paid another £20m to buy the ground back.
which is a bit of a bargain as its in decent nick , a piggy mate reckons the tuna man has been quoted 150 million to bring the rust bucket back up to date :cool:

However your comparison of Chansiri with a couple of psychopathic mass-murderers doesn't exactly add to the discussion. Take a lie down mate

We'll if it doesn't "add" to your version of a discussion, I'm more than happy with that.

Do you want to tell me to run along too, while you're in full on patronising mode?

which is a bit of a bargain as its in decent nick , a piggy mate reckons the tuna man has been quoted 150 million to bring the rust bucket back up to date :cool:

Agree with the former but the latter only has scrap value as it stands and probably would need that amount for a re-build.

Back
Top Bottom