Ball Sup Blog... SUFC Academy U21 v Ipswich Town (h)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ball_Sup (Phil)

Reaction score
Just so you can start getting your plans together, I'm giving a HEADS UP that we kick off our Professional Development League season against Ipswich Town U21s at 2pm this coming Tuesday, 15 August.

After using York City and Alfreton Town as our Academy home last season, with the added bonus of a home game at Scunthorpe United that was cancelled, we "return" to Chesterfield.

The drinking opportunities around the ground are superb. But, not on a fucking Tuesday Afts they ain't. So, you'll need to plan that an' all.

The current plan is for the Carrier Bag Firm to walk to the game from S10 to get our steps up. Other transport options will be available.

I think Osula should miss trading for the day and play in that match to get used to scoring

"Streamed Live"

That's my Social Media & Advertising clicks business model & revenue fucked. I hope you're all happy with yourselves....

If you'd sorted an ale itinerary, I'd have bought you a pint as it's a rare occasion I'm available on a weekday - given you've played down the availability, might have to sit at home and stream instead 🤣

Won’t be able to make this one which is a shame was looking forward to us being back local. Worth noting the Chesterfield bypass was shut at the weekend between JE James Cycles and the big Tesco so allow a bit more time for traffic.

If you'd sorted an ale itinerary, I'd have bought you a pint as it's a rare occasion I'm available on a weekday - given you've played down the availability, might have to sit at home and stream instead 🤣
Before the game, we're expecting...

The Glass Works
The Beer Parlour
The Derby Tup

to all be closed. But, we're also expecting them to be open AFTER (some maybe from 4pm).

The Batch House "food court", opposite the ground should be open before the game. Including The Hop Lamp bar. I've looked in, but never drunk in. It has more of a Craft than Cask look about it.

No guarantees...

How many over 21s can you play? A couple of players need the minutes unless we have a behind closed doors game.

Before the game, we're expecting...

The Glass Works
The Beer Parlour
The Derby Tup

to all be closed. But, we're also expecting them to be open AFTER (some maybe from 4pm).

The Batch House "food court", opposite the ground should be open before the game. Including The Hop Lamp bar. I've looked in, but never drunk in. It has more of a Craft than Cask look about it.

No guarantees...
Bit of advice, stay clear of the Derby Tup, it's changed hands recently and in my opinion is on a downward spiral. Called in last week and ended up walking out!!

Bit of advice, stay clear of the Derby Tup, it's changed hands recently and in my opinion is on a downward spiral. Called in last week and ended up walking out!!
What was the problem? I ask because there are such a wide set of demands on pubs nowadays.
Jukebox rubbish
No Sky Sports
No salad option with the burger
Unisex toilets
Bloke with a beard serving

Or was it beer related?

What was the problem? I ask because there are such a wide set of demands on pubs nowadays.
Jukebox rubbish
No Sky Sports
Unisex toilets

Or was it beer related?
Beer related mate. I only go in pubs for the ale none of the above😂 and to add there was nobody in which is always a bad sign.

Jukebox rubbish
No Sky Sports just thought I would add
Unisex toilets

Or was it beer related?

Jukebox rubbish
No Sky Sports
Unisex toilets

Or was it beer related?
Just an after thought best pub on whitt Moor, Beer Parlour great beer's 👍

Short cut through the fields at Barlow... quick pint in the Hare and Hounds :)
The toilet opportunities are...
Sainsbury's on Archer Road
Morrisons on Meadowhead
Double Tree Hotel on Chesterfield Road South

But, I often hop over the wall at the Transport Club. Where Sheffield FC have one of their laughable "new ground coming soon" signs. And have a piss on the ground they'll never build.

"Send money now, were the Oldest Club, and that's all we'll ever trade on...."

"We will never have a sustainable income model like other Sheffield based clubs. Send money now."

Oh. Did I say? Up The Hallam...

Louis Marsh has been sensational today.
Hat-trick and an assist, still 35 mins to play.
His third goal was sheer class with a beautiful chip over the keeper.

Game is live, here, for anyone wanting to watch from home (or work........)

Back
Top Bottom