Match Thread Sheffield United v. Chelsea - 7th February 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
CHE
CHE
CHE
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1612610858182.png v.1612610879096.png
EPL Week 23 - Sunday 7th February 2021 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-chelsea.531/

Officials:

Referee:
Kevin Friend
Assistant Referee: Simon Beck
Assistant Referee: Eddie Smart
Fourth Official: Andy Madley
Video Assistant Referee: Simon Hooper
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Timothy Wood

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-02-06 at 11.29.59.png

Heart says we sneak a win, head says 2-0 Chelsea.

Ramsdale

Bogle Basham Jagielka Egan Osborn

Norwood Lundstram Fleck

Sharp McGoldrick

Chelseas new manager time for a defeat.

Their manager has probably never seen us play live, just videos. Sunday night, long way up from London, freezin' cold, possible snow in the air. Some of their fancy Dan's might not like it. Some of those same fancy Dan's will expect they only have to turn up to get 3 points.

Blades 2-1 win, Fleck m.o.m

Blades snatch 2 1 win.

Team

Ramsdale

Bogle Basham Bryan Egan Steven

Norwood Lundstram Fleck

Burke McGoldrick

We desperately need Sander Berge back in the side fit and firing.

If he could recapture his form right at the start of the season, and slot between an in form Fleck and Lunny, all of a sudden that’s a reasonable midfield.

Has to be Sharp n Dids up top to start. Has to.

I reckon Kean Bryan will replace Amps at LCB with the fittest of Enda Lowe and Ossie at LWB.

Difficult call at RWB if both players fit and available. GB for me just if he is OK.

Rest picks itself.

UTB

MATCH PREVIEW (we do these live the day before each game, subscribe for free to the channel to join in in future):

We need to try and finish 18th as the short term goal Wilder set and hope at team in the bottom half gets 6 or 7 from there last 15/16. It has happened. Burnley are very up and down with form. Zaha and Wilson are injured. Who says Wolves are over there nad run. Saints will be damaged mentally as well and have lost 5 in a row including a 9-0 and 9 man Newcastle. The only bottom half teams we wont get are Leeds and Brighton

So winning is becoming something we've shown we can do with 5 wins in the last 7 I think. Obviously Chelsea present a stern test, and perhaps it's a shame Lampard isn't still in charge for this one...

Anyway...

Any team news?

Ampadu cannot feature..

Stevens fit?

Baldock injured?

Osborne likely to start..?

Other results are certainly not doing us much favours and we've given ourselves far too much to do... But that's all we can focus on so hopefully a Blades victory tonight... 1 nil.

UTB

Worried about our left side today, I think we need a more defensive minded LWB rather than Lowe or Bogle.

Without Ampadu, and with James bombing down their right, I'd much rather see Osborn back than any other of our lefties including Enda.

Another one where the first priority is not to get dicked 5-0 with anything better being a bonus.

Wondering if Brewster may start this one.

Heart says we sneak a win, head says 2-0 Chelsea.

Ramsdale

Bogle Basham Jagielka Egan Osborn

Norwood Lundstram Fleck

Sharp McGoldrick
thats the team id go with mate , defo - we play bryan and Lowe both on the left, id be shitting it
i think jags should be recovered by now from his exploits at old trafford ;-)

"If you are going to lose you might as well lose properly and try and sneak a win" - (Attrb' to Geoff Boycott) :D

It's a great time to play Chelsea but it's still Chelsea. They seem to be concentrating on defence first so probably be a close game, in terms of the score anyway.

Back
Top Bottom