Match Thread Sheffield United v. Chelsea - 7th February 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
CHE
CHE
CHE
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1612610858182.png v.1612610879096.png
EPL Week 23 - Sunday 7th February 2021 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-chelsea.531/

Officials:

Referee:
Kevin Friend
Assistant Referee: Simon Beck
Assistant Referee: Eddie Smart
Fourth Official: Andy Madley
Video Assistant Referee: Simon Hooper
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Timothy Wood

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-02-06 at 11.29.59.png

To be fair to him he played quite well after coming on against West Brom. Also Baldock is clearly injured so the only other option would be Osborn, who hasn't featured in a long time and may still be shaking off illness.

Chelsea ripped him to pieces last game tho, they will target him down the left side every time. If Osborn is even 60% fit he should play over Lowe imo

Other teams have had players play for the first team then U23s the next day though
We have one kind of midfielder on the bench and the oldest defender in the league. You'd think, common sense would dictate that might be an idea to pop a midfielder and defender on the bench.

Is Rodwell injured again or is he in Lanzarote? Does he even train?!

I really hope tonight is the night that McBurnie proves me (and several others) wrong.

We've played more fluidly recently and our passing through the midfield has been much, much better. I fear his presence will mean we go longer and have a lesser chance of the ball sticking up there to bring the midfield into play. Recently, I've been really looking forward to our matches again after the improvements in performance. When I see his name in the starting line up I just flat and deflated.

Come on United! Love to win this.

UTB
I'm right there with ya Fred😕Like ya say,let's hope he's brightened everyone's mood come full time.😊 UTB

I'd perhaps have included Jags tonight move Egan across and stick Bryan at LWB.
As an aside is this the maximum number of Oliver's allowed in a team?

Two goals from midfield this season 1 in the cup a penalty the other from Bogle when we were down to 10 men.
Tonight would be a good time to change that.

And how is a roll of gaffer tape and some old plastic tubing going to save us from relegation? 😆

Well quite, but the analogy isnt completely ridiculous.

Wilder has to make a team survive, using players and circumstances that are stacked against......

I feel as though it's a mini protest at not being allowed any January signings "look how threadbare the squad is. I'm not naming a full bench"

He's done this a couple of times after talking about a small squad. I get the youth team are needed for the youth games, but surely naming a full bench for the first team comes first?
What's point having youngsters on bench?

Hes not going to bring them on ahead of the experienced players we have on the bench.

What's point having youngsters on bench?

Hes not going to bring them on ahead of the experienced players we have on the bench.

1. It gives them match day experience which might help settle the nerves when they get a real chance later on.
2. You never know what might happen in a game. The pattern of play might be crying out for a certain type of player, and the youngster might offer something unique.

Seems to me that Chesley aren't as up for it as they should be. Need to really get at them

If McGoldrick is fully fit then he quite simply needs to start. We offer nothing going forward when he's not on the pitch
Disagree.....McGildrick is great when we’re taking the game to the opposition forcing teams to sit back defending. McGoldricj links midfield with attack.

It’s obvious that Wilder expects us to start the game defensively like we’re the away team. Suspect we’ll play it longer and rely on Burke’s pace.

Good start this. Gotta look out for those balls over the though..

Disagree.....McGildrick is great when we’re taking the game to the opposition forcing teams to sit back defending. McGoldricj links midfield with attack.

It’s obvious that Wilder expects us to start the game defensively like we’re the away team. Suspect we’ll play it longer and rely on Burke’s pace.
Burke is like a headless chicken.
No idea where he's running or what he's doing.

McGoldrick is the link between strikers and midfield in these types of games too. He also wins a lot of fouls relieving pressure on the defence. For me when fully fit he starts

Burke is like a headless chicken.
No idea where he's running or what he's doing.
Agree but he’s our best weapon when we attacking on the break. We could do with Mouset.

Good start this. Gotta look out for those balls over the though..

Agreed. The defensive shape doesn’t look right to me - some noticeable gaps. Hope they settle quickly and sort it out.

Back
Top Bottom