Match Thread Sheffield United v. Chelsea - 7th February 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
CHE
CHE
CHE
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1612610858182.png v.1612610879096.png
EPL Week 23 - Sunday 7th February 2021 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-chelsea.531/

Officials:

Referee:
Kevin Friend
Assistant Referee: Simon Beck
Assistant Referee: Eddie Smart
Fourth Official: Andy Madley
Video Assistant Referee: Simon Hooper
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Timothy Wood

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-02-06 at 11.29.59.png

Only six subs again. I’m not sure how/why we make decisions about youngsters on the bench.

Only six subs again. I’m not sure how/why we make decisions about youngsters on the bench.

I feel as though it's a mini protest at not being allowed any January signings "look how threadbare the squad is. I'm not naming a full bench"

He's done this a couple of times after talking about a small squad. I get the youth team are needed for the youth games, but surely naming a full bench for the first team comes first?

McGoldrick has 3 in 2 games v Chelsea. Thought he would be a definite starter today.

Didzy to come off the bench score 2 and win the match.

U23's play Crewe tomorrow so wont be available. (4 straight wins, 2nd in the league)
Other teams have had players play for the first team then U23s the next day though

I really hope tonight is the night that McBurnie proves me (and several others) wrong.

We've played more fluidly recently and our passing through the midfield has been much, much better. I fear his presence will mean we go longer and have a lesser chance of the ball sticking up there to bring the midfield into play. Recently, I've been really looking forward to our matches again after the improvements in performance. When I see his name in the starting line up I just flat and deflated.

Come on United! Love to win this.

UTB

I'm strangely optimistic tonight. Not too fussed about who plays, or what formation, for me it's about if we are 'at it ', and if we get the rub of the green.

To be fair to him he played quite well after coming on against West Brom. Also Baldock is clearly injured so the only other option would be Osborn, who hasn't featured in a long time and may still be shaking off illness.

Inspired by just watching Apollo 13 again.

Failure is not an option.

Come on blades

I'd love us to take something from this even if it's just the one point. Chelsea fans are all talking as if they've already got 3 and are level with Liverpool.

Have to say where is Rodwell? I know its been said before but what was the point? If he's injured again fair enough (although that is another issue in its self) but if he is fittish why not just stick him on the bench or what has he done to fuck Wilder off so much he can't get on a bench that isn't full.

Slightly optimistic, but mostly nervous.

Cmon blades let's have these!

Back
Top Bottom