Match Thread Sheffield United v. Chelsea - 7th February 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
CHE
CHE
CHE
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1612610858182.png v.1612610879096.png
EPL Week 23 - Sunday 7th February 2021 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-chelsea.531/

Officials:

Referee:
Kevin Friend
Assistant Referee: Simon Beck
Assistant Referee: Eddie Smart
Fourth Official: Andy Madley
Video Assistant Referee: Simon Hooper
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Timothy Wood

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-02-06 at 11.29.59.png

Burke is like a headless chicken.
No idea where he's running or what he's doing.
Just said something similar, I like him and he is a threat but he doesn't have any guile, it is a straight line run as fast as he can every time. He doesn't even knock it past them and turn it into a race.

Just said something similar, I like him and he is a threat but he doesn't have any guile, it is a straight line run as fast as he can every time. He doesn't even knock it past them and turn it into a race.
He just needs to keep hearing this from the coaching staff about trying to knock it past players and use his pace. Hopefully it’ll start to sink in he’s still young and has room to grow. Assuming the coaching staff are actually telling him to do it

VAR needs to go. it should work most sports have shown that. the 2019 rugby world cup showed a masterclass in how to use technology with common sense. i remember a try that wouldve been disallowed if PL were in charge. but they used common sense & didnt disallow something because of millimeters.

but its a disaster in PL. im sure there are 10x issues than pre var. we had a 1 or 2 bad decisions every month. & now its 1 at least in every game every week. proof sometimes efficiency doesnt equal better. just go back to humans & if anyone complaints say we will bring back VAR & they'll shut up

He doesn't seem to have a footballing brain at all does he? It's quite annoying to watch actually.

VAR needs to go. it should work most sports have shown that. the 2019 rugby world cup showed a masterclass in how to use technology with common sense. i remember a try that wouldve been disallowed if PL were in charge. but they used common sense & didnt disallow something because of millimeters.

but its a disaster in PL. im sure there are 10x issues than pre var. we had a 1 or 2 bad decisions every month. & now its 1 at least in every game every week. proof sometimes efficiency doesnt equal better. just go back to humans & if anyone complaints say we will bring back VAR & they'll shut up

To be fair, the one today (Bash’s penalty) was a good example of where VAR works. Cleared it up quickly and transparently. It would have been very wrong if we’d got a pen.

Eddie lowered our trousers with that sale definitely.
Not really, he’s struggled to really get going but his goals and play last season were a big part of where we ended up

Not really, he’s struggled to really get going but his goals and play last season were a big part of where we ended up
Even in his prime last season he couldn’t play longer than 45 minutes. He was fantastic at times, he nearly won us the game single handedly vs Man Utd. Unfortunately I dont think we’ll ever see that from him again

Eddie lowered our trousers with that sale definitely.
I’ve heard one or two others have said” other managers have done the same to us over one or two other transfers.
We mus be naïve or summat.

To be fair, the one today (Bash’s penalty) was a good example of where VAR works. Cleared it up quickly and transparently. It would have been very wrong if we’d got a pen.

what was the issue as the tackle i thought was quite damning

Did that commentator just call our ground bramall lame?

We’re getting done badly on that right side. Werner has Bash in his pocket and Chillwell has Bogle in his

Back
Top Bottom