CONFIRMED Sander Berge

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

if he's joining it's got last hour on deadline day written all over it

Doesn’t work like....these days all sorts of creative deals are drawn up. Even the way its paid makes a massive difference.

An example of our offer might be 15 million basic offer
  • 1 million every time we stay up, avoiding relegation for the next 5 years, so that’s potentially another 5 million
  • 2 million if we reach the Europa cup + 5 million if we reach the Champions League
  • 15% of any profit we make when he’s sold.
  • 1 million for 100 appearances
  • and another 1 million after 200 appearances.
Also we agree to pay 10 million up front...the remainder paid over 5 years.

So potentially we could end up paying over 30 million for him but if we do we would be in a position to easily afford it.

An issue for any business is often “cash in bank”. So the big problem for United might be having to pay 10 million up front because we simply don’t have it. So we might offer to apportion it over 5 years but increase the sell on to 25% of any profit.

Berge might have ambitions to play for a top European club so his agent only allows him to come if we agree to be a “stepping stone” club. There might be clauses put in his contract that we can’t refuse a 70 million bid. I would expect we are doing something creative to make us attractive to such a hot prospect.
Is this based on knowledge from inside a negotiation or on info received from someone inside the game? I ask because it rings true to me.

My understanding, based on rumours posted on here, is that the "£4m" for Egan was built on a format a bit like that, if not as complex. So for us to pay the full amount we'd be in the premier league with him having played regularly and therefore £4m would seem amazing value rather than it be our record transfer.

Juanpi and Berge to be announced today in a double swoop! ITK my uncle works for jet2 and he just scanned there boarding passes on a joint flight from Amsterdam where they have been getting to know each other over the last 2 days. Juanpi was searched at customs for a suspicious substance but they got the Prince on the phone and he ironed it all out with the offer off free bog rolls for life if they turned a blind eye.

Nothing we sort of already didn’t know. Hope this gets sorted soon.

Attachments

• 5E335D2F-F542-4E86-937B-0E73EDA48C1E.png
    5E335D2F-F542-4E86-937B-0E73EDA48C1E.png
    752.4 KB · Views: 46
Sat 21 March 2020

Manchester United 0-1 Sheffield United

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Berge 90'

👀 👀
Absolute rubbish Ricky, shameful post.

Won't be playing on 21st.

I thought he'd already convinced Genk to let him go this window? Sure i read he's already agreed this. So not sure where were at anymore.
Think he might’ve convinced them to accept an offer if it meets their valuation but maybe convincing them to let him go now instead of loaned back till the summer?

Nothing we sort of already didn’t know. Hope this gets sorted soon.
There has been nothing posted that we didn't already know for 2-3 days. It hasn't stopped clips being reposted as if new and this thread increasing by 20-30 pages though.

There has been nothing posted that we didn't already know for 2-3 days. It hasn't stopped clips being reposted as if new and this thread increasing by 20-30 pages though.
Remind me never to go out partying with you. I just don't think I'd be able to take the adrenaline rush... 😆

Genuinely do think no news is good news on this one right now. Suggests all parties are focused on getting it done.

I still think they're holding out for another (bigger / better) offer potentially coming in. He'll take our move if, by Friday, we're the only offer on the table. I'd say therefore, no news is good news.

Remind me never to go out partying with you. I just don't think I'd be able to take the adrenaline rush... 😆
That would depend on if you enjoy settling down on a Sunday evening to watch the latest episode of Endeavour?

I still think they're holding out for another (bigger / better) offer potentially coming in. He'll take our move if, by Friday, we're the only offer on the table. I'd say therefore, no news is good news.

Essentially this, although I don't think they'll wait until Friday. They'll know by now if anyone else is seriously considering coming in with a more attractive offer.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom