CONFIRMED Sander Berge

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We certainly don’t need to sell. I have calculated that total revenue (PL and parachute monies plus Matchday, Sponsorship and broadcasting revenue from EFL) across the 5 year period (20-25) is likely to be in the region of £425-£450M. If you consider operating costs (reducing in line with relegation) exceptional costs such as (ground infrastructure £43.5M, COVID c£20M) then surpluses are significant. PL income less lowest wages = significant profit. Jim Phipps saying otherwise is disingenuous to the fans
I think your figures are optimistic given the ongoing discussion about tv money and any future auctions.
There may also be changes to parachute payments

There may be changes to parachute payments in the future but they cannot stop us from receiving them as they have a contractual obligation.

By the sounds of it the club want minimum of £30 million quid before we even start talking.

Good.

I don’t want to see him sold but if he is then it needs to be at least £30m, a sizeable sell-on fee and a decent youngster on loan for the season.

If we sell him on the cheap then I’m just accepting the club will never, ever break away from the mentality of undervaluing our players.

I’ll be really sad to see Sander go, which now seems inevitable, so it’s really a case of maximising the price and wishing him well.

For me, His signing genuinely signalled an era for the Blades where we could start to attract class (even world class) players.

Was fun while it lasted !!!!

UTB

It does read like that but I think the club are very aware of public feeling and perception at the moment so are being extra careful
They knew that at the weekend. If they’re prepared to put out this week that the training ground is getting sorted and players aren’t going for a song then they would have done it to keep the manager. They’ve also seemingly confirmed again that DoF wasn’t in the immediate plans.
You would have to think it’s something else which couldn’t be resolved.

Norwich comparisons aren't like for like, they held on to players because they didn't spend huge sums when they came up, we did.

I’ll be really sad to see Sander go, which now seems inevitable, so it’s really a case of maximising the price and wishing him well.

For me, His signing genuinely signalled an era for the Blades where we could start to attract class (even world class) players.

Was fun while it lasted !!!!

UTB
World class ? I missed that one ...

Norwich comparisons aren't like for like, they held on to players because they didn't spend huge sums when they came up, we did.
good point hadnt thought about it that way think berge and egan are certs to be sold but the injury to joc might just enable us to hang on to him

Sander is class with the potential to step up to be of interest to the best club sides in the world.

Make the connection 😉👀.

UTB
Time will tell mate,you tell me one piece of magic he performed while he has played with ?
Most games he's been a passenger...sorry but thats how I've seen it ..

Time will tell mate,you tell me one piece of magic he performed while he has played with ?
Most games he's been a passenger...sorry but thats how I've seen it ..
It will.

But bearing in mind some of the clubs reportedly interest and circling, that perhaps tells a story of how Sanders potential is perceived.

Unless there is a release clause to activate, we should be looking to turn a profit here. So not all bad.

UTB

Back
Top Bottom