My opinion

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Jimmy23

Reaction score
I’m sorry to say, but this side is worse than 20/21. I’m not expecting chances against teams like City, but my God we’ve got absolutely zilch to offer in any department. Going down with a wimper I’m afraid

Not exactly surprising if true. That season we'd just previously finished 9th and had brought in players on top of that, without losing anybody other than the goalkeeper (who we replaced)

I'd say Wes now is better than Ramsdale was in the first half of that season though.

I’m sorry to say, but this side is worse than 20/21. I’m not expecting chances against teams like City, but my God we’ve got absolutely zilch to offer in any department. Going down with a wimper I’m afraid
It’s December and you’ve only just realised this??? Where have you been since August?

Not exactly surprising if true. That season we'd just previously finished 9th and had brought in players on top of that, without losing anybody other than the goalkeeper (who we replaced)

I'd say Wes now is better than Ramsdale was in the first half of that season though.
But all we did was sign players who weren't as good as what we already had. When the current players fell out of form there was no one to compete with them for the shirt. We suffered as we had to keep playing either out of form players or players who were not Premier League standard. Our recruitment that summer doomed us to relegation.

You should always aim to replace your first team players 2 or 3 at a time and force the existing players to the bench. We signed players for the bench then declared it our greatest ever transfer window.

Sounds familiar but don't worry, the board will come out and say they'll learn from their mistakes, like all the other times they've come out and not learned from the mistakes they've made.

I'd say similar to that 20-21 season.

But I think we offer more of a goal threat and in one aspect better defensively and a different aspect worse.

I think this team would beat the 20-21 team.

Another thing I would say is that in that other season without mcgoldrick we offered little to no threat for the most part.

But matches like today are no real gauge to go off.

More organized now but I think these last few games highlights which players Wilder needs to offload.

Wes and Norwood being the main ones.

Ramsdale went to the Wilder school of getting a massive monk on.

I'd say similar to that 20-21 season.

But I think we offer more of a goal threat and in one aspect better defensively and a different aspect worse.

I think this team would beat the 20-21 team.

Another thing I would say is that in that other season without mcgoldrick we offered little to no threat for the most part.

But matches like today are no real gauge to go off.
Take McGoldrick out of the 20/21 team and Derby's record gets broken!!

Similarly, stick him in this team, and i genuinely think we're in with a chance of staying up.

Yes kids, he was that good!

How many have we lost by 5s or 8 under Wilder, you do realise there was no Egan, Hamer, Anel or McCatee today. Glad to be classed as a brown noser rather than a talk shitter thanks.
I bet you are. I would sooner lose 5 nil and at least have shown plenty of attacking threat knowing that against another team we would have been OK. Run along, wit wants to change your nappy.

It's hardly surprising that it's worse than 20/21. That team had just finished 9th in the Prem. This one just finished 2nd in the Championship and then managed to start the season weaker.

For what it's worth though, I actually think this team will end up on more points, just because the 20/21 team played under freak circumstances.

Ramsdale v Wes
Baldock v Bogle
Basham v Robinson
Egan v Ahmedhodzic
Bryan v Trusty
Stevens v Thomas
Norwood v Souza
Lundstram v Hamer
Fleck v McAtee
McGoldrick v Archer
Brewster v McBurnie

Based on most appearances during the season before anyone asks. For me its much of a muchness. The biggest common denominator - we dont score enough, create enough and ultimately we are always likely to concede.

Take McGoldrick out of the 20/21 team and Derby's record gets broken!!

Similarly, stick him in this team, and i genuinely think we're in with a chance of staying up.

Yes kids, he was that good!
Always said, if we had got McGoldrick 5 years before we did, he would be some player. That season he was head and shoulders are best player.

Always said, if we had got McGoldrick 5 years before we did, he would be some player. That season he was head and shoulders are best player.
Every season he was with us, he was head and shoulders our best player....

Not just that, but Sharp, Berge, Norwood (the list goes on) looked twice the player when he was alongside them!

McGold shows you can improve as a player even after 30.

The next time we get an opportunity to get promoted to the Prem - lets not bother - cos its just not worth it
Oh yes it is ! You may not like it but you can always go elsewhere to watch poorer quality football.

The 20/21 team likely stays up if there are fans in the ground. It's been clear since the start of the season this squad is far worse.

It was a very strange atmosphere amongst the away support today. I've never known it so quiet, at least at Burnley the fans were angry. There wasn't much to get angry about, the score was better than many feared it would be.

Back
Top Bottom