Outgoing? McBurnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

IMO, we've got exactly what we signed in McBurnie. A top championship player, who hasn't been able to make the step up to the Premier league and to be fair to him, a player who no worse than the other forwards, feeding off scraps this season.

He certainly looks shit in this video from 2 years ago

I'd like to know who everyone thinks we can sign for next season who will provide a better return in a decent championship side that actually provides some decent service to the front line. Didzy and Sharp are decent options in the Championship but both another 12 months older, Brewster may yet sparkle at that level, but Moose is likely on his bike and whilst Burke is a unit, his goal scoring record is shit throughout his career.

For £15 mill I’d deffo be selling him though I’d like to keep him as there is a very good striker in him if we play to his strengths by keeping the ball & creating chances exact same goes for Brewster

Which is excactly what Jokanovics style of play

We won't sell him for a loss tbh. Either 20m or swap for Morelos

Slav won’t fancy him. Not one jot.

Recoup what we can. Put it down to a seriously bad error of judgement. Go again 😀👍.

UTB
Thing is Slav played with Mitrovic at Fulham and Deeney at Watford. McBurnie's best football was at Swansea where they played possession based football. I think under Slav we'd see McBurnie back to his best, but if there's a decent bid and by Rangers than I would expect both the Club and McBurnie to be keen on a deal.

Thing is Slav played with Mitrovic at Fulham and Deeney at Watford. McBurnie's best football was at Swansea where they played possession based football. I think under Slav we'd see McBurnie back to his best, but if there's a decent bid and by Rangers than I would expect both the Club and McBurnie to be keen on a deal.
Mitrovic and Deeney.

Two genuinely powerhouse CFs.

Your obsession with stick boy finds a new level of absurdity with this comparison !!!

UTB

couldnt agree more 15m would be a fantastic deal for us hes had one golden year for swansea and thats it sell

I just don’t think you can judge our strikers too harshly, based on the last two seasons.

We played such negative football that any striker is always going to struggle for goals. We only managed 39 goals in the season we finished 9th ffs!

IMO, we've got exactly what we signed in McBurnie. A top championship player, who hasn't been able to make the step up to the Premier league and to be fair to him, a player who no worse than the other forwards, feeding off scraps this season.

He certainly looks shit in this video from 2 years ago

I'd like to know who everyone thinks we can sign for next season who will provide a better return in a decent championship side that actually provides some decent service to the front line. Didzy and Sharp are decent options in the Championship but both another 12 months older, Brewster may yet sparkle at that level, but Moose is likely on his bike and whilst Burke is a unit, his goal scoring record is shit throughout his career.

So much difference between the way that Swansea team played and the way we played last season.

No wonder he was belting them in for them.

Some cracking headers and fox-in-the-box goals as well

If the deal was a bit of money plus Glen Kamara id take it - i realise thats unrealistic though.

I’ll be glad to see him go, his time here will be remembered for 2 things and neither of them are for on the field the matters. 1 - drink driving & 2 - that video the other week.

You've got Jagielka leaving, who has made over 300 appearances for this club, never once was in the media whilst at our club in a negative way (as far as I can remember). Then you’ve got this idiot who’s been here 2 years and bee. done for drink driving and was arrested for that video. Levels to being a professional footballer and Mcburnie is at the very bottom of those levels.

If be staggered if Rangers play £15m for him (or anyone). They simply don't have that sort or money available - the tv money in Scotland is low and they'll also be impacted by the loss of matchday revenue.

If he goes anywhere, it would have you be the Prem due to his cost (fee and salary - he's right up there with Utd's top earners!) unless a foreign club takes a punt.

As I've said on a number of occasions, within every handful of games he usually has one in which he looks a standout player with the potential to be a real talent at PL level.

The problem is, he then plays poorly in the next four. He's been with us two seasons and has never found consistency. Off the pitch he portrays himself as a lad that lacks focus and you wonder whether he will ever have the mental ability to be the best version of himself.

I'd sell if it meant we could sign somebody of Mitrovic's caliber. If not, I'd give him one more spin in the Championship where he's shown form previously.

very much doubt hes a jokanovic type of player
Based on what mate?
He's probably more of a Jokanovic player than Dids or Billy, particularly in his Swansea form and confidence.
If Rangers can come up with what we paid, then I'd still do the deal, but I don't buy into this narrative that he's not a SJ player.

Reactions: Gee
Based on what mate?
He's probably more of a Jokanovic player than Dids or Billy, particularly in his Swansea form and confidence.
If Rangers can come up with what we paid, then I'd still do the deal, but I don't buy into this narrative that he's not a SJ player.
hes not a target man and hasnt got the pace to be part of a front 3 in a jokanovic side just dont think he will fancy mcburnie and if a decent offer comes in i think we will sell all about opinions though isnt it think its about 50-50 on here about him but personally as you know i dont rate the guy

If Swansea get promoted you could see them being interested in one of mcburnie or Brewster
Praying for Swansea to win tomorrow - chance of them buying McKnob & Brewster's Millions. Plus I desperately want to tick off Brentford's new ground on my bucket list.
Conflicted about Lincoln & Blackpool though.
Can't wait to get to some away matches next season - even if the team get hammered it's so entertaining for an old fogie like me to watch the cocaine generation swinging from the stanchions & crowd-surfing , whilst getting equally hammered.

Back
Top Bottom